I hope it's a joke

Users who are viewing this thread

We need private multiplayer and we have skins ... seriously the majority of the community is not 8 years old. Don't forget the star wars skins, Santa Claus skins, barbie skins ... let's go to create a new Fortnite !

Sans_titre_1.jpg

You know, normally I would thumb my nose at things like this, but considering Bannerlord mp desperately needs all the players it can get, I suppose it's worth a shot....

Assuming MP has a revival at some point and this is relevant:

Who cares if someone buys a special helmet with actual money instead of grinding for 4 hours. It doesn't impact you in any way. It incentives TW to focus more on MP if it's an additional source of profit. Additionally, if TW follows the Guns of Icarus model, then items in the shop can be modder-made and some of the profit can go to them. You can support modders and devs with skins.

We need private multiplayer and we have skins ... seriously the majority of the community is not 8 years old. Don't forget the star wars skins, Santa Claus skins, barbie skins ... let's go to create a new Fortnite !

I'm sure barbie skins are TW's master plan all along, good call.

Also, it's not little kids who buy the most skins, it's LoL boomers buying their 12th Ahri skin. If you have a good compelling base game, the cosmetic model is proven. It doesn't impact gameplay and is completely optional.

Compare this to mobile games, where skins give you higher stats, and everything is covered in layers and layers of microtransactions.

Well TW already said they will release custom servers with or soon after release so we just need to wait here.

I have many complaints about the game but i really couldn't care less about cosmetics monetization, i've never bought a skin in my life and never will so it doesn't affect me but for people that want to look extra shinny they can give the company a few bucks for it.

They said that the skins will be earned in-game but everyone knows that a system like that always pave way for selling of skins down the line, no big deal to me.

On the bright side, if they add some kickass skins unique to real money purchases atleast modders will be able to access them and implement into singleplayer so it's win-win :party:

I'm ok with this sort of progression system, since they are just using assests they have from the SP, the addition of the emotes and cheers also is a great add, I like this changes but I think they should be focusing on other stuff like the server consistency and MP weapon/unit balances...
As long as they don't add microtransactions and loot boxes and they keep it simple like this" you play it you get to pick your items" all is good.

they need to release that 1.61 patch soon. before to prove that patch is still ****, I think people should be a little more patient.

Why is everyone saying these are going to cost real money? It's very clearly just a progression system. You play games - you earn gold; you spend that gold on cosmetics.

No one at TW has ever mentioned real purchases.

Because this could be a plot to ease the transition of microtransactions. Would not make sense to have custom servers as well, because everyone could just mod the items in themselves.

tinfoil hat off

Because this could be a plot to ease the transition of microtransactions. Would not make sense to have custom servers as well, because everyone could just mod the items in themselves.

tinfoil hat off
That's exactly what I was thinking? Why in the world would they come up with all of this if people are literally gonna make a mod where everyone can have whatever skin/outfit that they wish. If you ask me this is a huge waste of time. For once focus your efforts on something productive TW...

That's exactly what I was thinking? Why in the world would they come up with all of this if people are literally gonna make a mod where everyone can have whatever skin/outfit that they wish. If you ask me this is a huge waste of time. For once focus your efforts on something productive TW...
Because progression based mechanics are proven to help with player retention. At the current stage of MP - I don't think it will achieve much; but there is a reason mechanics like this are common across video games. It keeps people coming back.

I'll admit I certainly grinded out more Skirmish games then I would have liked during the beta just to get that 250 win badge.

Assuming MP has a revival at some point and this is relevant:

Who cares if someone buys a special helmet with actual money instead of grinding for 4 hours. It doesn't impact you in any way. It incentives TW to focus more on MP if it's an additional source of profit. Additionally, if TW follows the Guns of Icarus model, then items in the shop can be modder-made and some of the profit can go to them. You can support modders and devs with skins.
I care because this has already negatively affected the game design. Instead of multiple armor slots with unique armor values, we now have a single armor skin.
Because progression based mechanics are proven to help with player retention. At the current stage of MP - I don't think it will achieve much; but there is a reason mechanics like this are common across video games. It keeps people coming back.

I'll admit I certainly grinded out more Skirmish games then I would have liked during the beta just to get that 250 win badge.
MnB didn't need help with player retention. Good gameplay beats player exploitation.

I care because this has already negatively affected the game design. Instead of multiple armor slots with unique armor values, we now have a single armor skin.

MnB didn't need help with player retention. Good gameplay beats player exploitation.
I'm not sure having achievements or unlockables is really player exploitation...

I'll agree it is a simplification of the armour system we had in Warband. Though it does offer one advantage - cosmetics are not tied to gameplay mechanics. Which IMPO is always a win.

I'm not sure having achievements or unlockables is really player exploitation...

I'll agree it is a simplification of the armour system we had in Warband. Though it does offer one advantage - cosmetics are not tied to gameplay mechanics. Which IMPO is always a win.
Call it what you will, but they're leveraging addictive elements to make people grind. The next step is accept money in exchange for less grinding...

I loved the fact that in Warband, I could tell where someone's weak spots were just by looking at them. Wearing platemail and barefoot? Sweep the leg. No helmet? Stab the face. Needing to memorize arbitrary stats on some skin I don't even have access to is not a win.

Call it what you will, but they're leveraging addictive elements to make people grind. The next step is accept money in exchange for less grinding...

I loved the fact that in Warband, I could tell where someone's weak spots were just by looking at them. Wearing platemail and barefoot? Sweep the leg. No helmet? Stab the face. Needing to memorize arbitrary stats on some skin I don't even have access to is not a win.
I dunno man.... seems a stretch. It's no different then having difficult achievements or characters you unlock for beating the final boss really. Halo 3 "made" me grind to get the recon armour... i don't think that was necessarily anti-player.

As for the skins - i see your point. Though perhaps this is just me - but I disliked the fact that playing optimally was different to playing cosmetically. Sure I could not wear a helmet - but that would be a terrible idea from the point of view of actually winning the game.

i had set loadouts for every class/build price range - and never changed from them except for when messing around.

i had set loadouts for every class/build price range - and never changed from them except for when messing around.
That's a lot of loadouts though. I'll bet it took you a long time to perfect all of those. And I'll bet they were at least slightly different from everyone else's. And you could always tweak them some more or try new ones. And if looking cool mattered enough, you could forego the helmet. Of course it had the same consequence in the game as riding around bareheaded on a motorcycle might have.

But hey, "custom skins" will keep some people chasing that dragon.

edit: Also, I had loadouts to counter your loadouts.

Last edited:
I don't see how this is a bad thing, if done well it can call some more players and help sustain MP.

Back
Top Bottom