Need More Info I have to use influence to convince myself to Devastate town?

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Doofus

Sergeant

I don't ever use devastate when I take a town, s I never noticed this before, but...according to this I have to use my own influence to convince myself to devastate a town. What? I think I just made the decision to devastate. Why do I need influence to convince myself? Please fix this. I mean influence is easy to get now, but.... this makes no sense.

Read a bit more closely. You're not convincing yourself to go along with this decision - you're spending influence on two of the nobles leading war parties in your army.

Yes, but if you look closer, I am Mor and one of the nobles I'm spending influence on is Mor. Thats not someone else, thats me.

Yeah, sometimes you see characters named the same, but in this case, I am the only Mor currently in the game, I checked.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I'll send a save, but honestly, I don't care. I mentioned I never use devastate.

Not exactly upset with you, Marda, but I report these things so the game can be improved. Your devs should be able to recreate this very easy from almost any save. Create or use a character with the merciful trait. Lead an army and take a town. You'll get get the Devastate/Pillage/Show Mercy screen. Hover over devastate. You'll see you need to use your own influence to convince yourself to devastate the town. Here's another example of this. I did this in 5 minutes. I'm convinced this isn't a bug and it isn't just on this game. Its just poor, lousy programming by Devs who don't play the game, pay no attention to what they are doing, and don't really care. Taleworlds should be embarrassed and ashamed to see stuff like this and should be eager to quickly fix and resolve it and shouldn't need any more input from me after the initial report. I don't get paid to report these things. They get paid to fix them (or even better, to avoid them). Why do I need to work so hard for them to prove to themselves this is happening when it is so easy to do? I would like to see other players review their devastate option and comment on whether they are seeing the same thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom