I Have No Control Over My Vassals - I accidently started an Oligarchy

Users who are viewing this thread

I guess this is the disadvantage of early access. When you are not content with where the game development is going, there is no refund.
Otherwise you can always decide with your wallet. If the sales numbers do not meet expectations, that proofs the decisions of the decision-makers were simply wrong and that should have consequences. In EA this is avoided, as the money already is raked in.

I don't understand why giving an extra tool to the player to use it if he wants would "complicate" the game considering these features were already available in warband.
I discovered warband a few months after release of EA bannerlord and I am glad I played it before purchasing Bannerlord. The campaign feels much more engaging in warband compared to bannerlord simply because I have a CHOICE to suggest actions to fellow lords or king or as a king issue a task to a certain lord through simple dialogue which simply can't be done in bannerlord. If the suggested action goes wrong it would effect of relationship with the lord. As a part of Marshal's army I can suggest an action to the marshal(which he may or may not take) if I think AI is doing something stupid, which is not possible when I am part of a lord's army in bannerlord. As a marshal I have a CHOICE to either force the lords following to either raid the same village or split them up to raid nearby villages while I scout ahead for the enemy which again is not possible in bannerlord and you're stuck with all lords in your army of a size of more than 1k raiding the same village. You can suggest lords/vassals to flee,patrol, go to, raid or siege in warband if you want to through simple dialogues and you had a CHOICE to completely ignore it if you want and the ai would carry on with whatever task it was doing. Lords could completely ignore your suggestion if they had some other priority.
Taking away this choice from the player makes the game less sandboxy imo cause I believe player freeness/choice is a core feature of sandbox games
Yeah! Great answer!!

What's the point of this clan, kingdom, economy, influance etc infra if you just can watch it without a real control?

As you said, casual players may ignore the clan/kingdom decition making but let 'in depth' players the possibility to use it.

Lol, developers should learn from modders what people want to see in-game...shame
Party AI Overhaul and Commands mod made the managing kingdom actually enjoyable.

Developers...please check mods and see what people like to see in-game...I mean if modder with no payroll can make something better than one on the payroll...that's just lame.
I know that they provide tools to the modders, but even those small hotfixs spoils the mods and adds nothing relevant.

Too much RTS? Who cares? If it's a fun feature – put it in the game! Why in the world would anybody care to become the king if there are no rewards to reaped from this anyway.

Please, just release the game and let the modders take care of the rest. You are obviously out of touch with your community – so let your community finish your job for you.

Mods guys, whoever is in charge of these decisions likes bland arcade gameplay. Thank you Mexxico for trying to help.

This game has better graphics than Warband, but the direction is not what I expected, and I can say officially that I do not like it. It has zero personality/depth; just battles with menu pages and scenes that are pointless for the player to visit.

Does the "decision group" play this game? The suggestion page is pointless, they reject 99% ideas.

It's boring as hell, there's nothing to do and the player has zero connectivity to the NPCs in the entire campaign. Viking Conquest is 10x better than this. Without mods I would have un installed this months ago. Please finish the game TW so the modders can make it fun, thanks.
Summarized my feelings perfectly dude, during all those years of eternal waiting for bannerlord they hyped a deep and immersive game built on the shoulders of warband, when EA was announced i purchased it immediately because of this and because of Taleworld's history with classic and warband that were amazingly immersive games and the last DLC for warband (Viking Conquest) improved 10x all of the good things in the game so i had trust TW would use this accumulated knowledge + features from the most popular mods to develop bannerlord.

Don't know who is taking the decisions there but he/she is completely out of touch with the community that made their previous games an absolute cult hit and this saddens me.

At the release of EA i was still positive and just look at my comment history i was always defending the game and saying to give them time to develop the cool features they talked about in the dev blogs and to deepen the game, now almost an entire year passed i'm quickly losing that trust decision after decision TW is making.

They don't want to add basically anything the community loved from previous games and popular mods, no suggestions more complicated than a 5y old can handle, honestly what a wasted potential, can't believe it's Armagan alone taking those calls after the labour of love he and his wife placed in the first M&B with direct feedback from the passionated community..

I don't understand why giving an extra tool to the player to use it if he wants would "complicate" the game considering these features were already available in warband.
I discovered warband a few months after release of EA bannerlord and I am glad I played it before purchasing Bannerlord. The campaign feels much more engaging in warband compared to bannerlord simply because I have a CHOICE to suggest actions to fellow lords or king or as a king issue a task to a certain lord through simple dialogue which simply can't be done in bannerlord. If the suggested action goes wrong it would effect of relationship with the lord. As a part of Marshal's army I can suggest an action to the marshal(which he may or may not take) if I think AI is doing something stupid, which is not possible when I am part of a lord's army in bannerlord. As a marshal I have a CHOICE to either force the lords following to either raid the same village or split them up to raid nearby villages while I scout ahead for the enemy which again is not possible in bannerlord and you're stuck with all lords in your army of a size of more than 1k raiding the same village. You can suggest lords/vassals to flee,patrol, go to, raid or siege in warband if you want to through simple dialogues and you had a CHOICE to completely ignore it if you want and the ai would carry on with whatever task it was doing. Lords could completely ignore your suggestion if they had some other priority.
Taking away this choice from the player makes the game less sandboxy imo cause I believe player freeness/choice is a core feature of sandbox games
Good comment, it is important that we keep hammering away that these features were already in warband and yet Bannerlord does not/will not have them.

They don't want to add basically anything the community loved from previous games and popular mods, no suggestions more complicated than a 5y old can handle, honestly what a wasted potential, can't believe it's Armagan alone taking those calls after the labour of love he and his wife placed in the first M&B with direct feedback from the passionated community..
Time changes us all, our hero has fallen.
giphy.gif

This is the kind of commentary @armagan should be reading.
If only he came here still. 37 days 9 mins..... been a long time since that's moved.

[...]
If only he came here still. 37 days 9 mins..... been a long time since that's moved.
I absolutely threw a flare into the infinite ocean sky; I will not wait for an answer :iamamoron: .

However, if that's the comment of a gamer who has recently joined the franchise and could notice those differences between the games... oh boi... if the ship doesn't change course, I don't want to think about the console users and future dlcs buyers...

---
Seems to me like no decision makers read the forums.

[...]

No one likes to deliver problems, complaints or bad news to the boss; however all this discomfort should be brought to the attention of both Armagan and the "decision-makers" if there are any.

agree.

You cant sell us something for 2x the price, with half the features!
Well, jokes on us because they did, and honestly it doesn't seem like it will change.

Armagan or whoever decides the development of this game has lost touch with the community and player base a long time ago.
Seems like the main priority right now is to make it console-ready and release a broken, buggy, feature-less, half-assed Warband.

Well, jokes on us because they did, and honestly it doesn't seem like it will change.

Armagan or whoever decides the development of this game has lost touch with the community and player base a long time ago.
Seems like the main priority right now is to make it console-ready and release a broken, buggy, feature-less, half-assed Warband.
Im not so certain.
Over the course of the EA I have seen some improvements, nd the game is arguably in a far better state than Day 1 (obviously!).

I've been pretty hard on them, along with others - and they seems to try to implement changes that make sense.

From what I gather, they have their overall vision, and they want to make a great game (from what I gather!). But they just dont communicate it with us.

I highly doubt they will leave us with a mess of a game - its their legacy in a sense. I can see the angle they are targeting, and I think we will have a great game in approx 2 years (prob full release 1.5 - 2 years away?).

We need to keep pressure up, get them to communicate, and offer the suggestions that they can implement (that the community wants). I am sure there is a middle ground to be found!!!!!

We need to keep pressure up, get them to communicate, and offer the suggestions that they can implement (that the community wants). I am sure there is a middle ground to be found!!!!!
Yeah sure, as long as they stop dumbing down the AI to cater to the console community, then I would agree with you.
The problem is that developers have been told that AI needs to be more stupid than it already is, just to hit that sweet 30fps on consoles.

Im not so certain.
Over the course of the EA I have seen some improvements, nd the game is arguably in a far better state than Day 1 (obviously!).

I've been pretty hard on them, along with others - and they seems to try to implement changes that make sense.

From what I gather, they have their overall vision, and they want to make a great game (from what I gather!). But they just dont communicate it with us.

I highly doubt they will leave us with a mess of a game - its their legacy in a sense. I can see the angle they are targeting, and I think we will have a great game in approx 2 years (prob full release 1.5 - 2 years away?).

Agree I hope they can get on here to communicate and break that player to developer barrier but the problem they do face would be how many of there developers are fluent English speaking as they are Turkish and messages cause I suppose get lost in translation if that makes sense but all they really need to do is acknowledge and read the comments

Agree I hope they can get on here to communicate and break that player to developer barrier but the problem they do face would be how many of there developers are fluent English speaking as they are Turkish and messages cause I suppose get lost in translation if that makes sense but all they really need to do is acknowledge and read the comments
Honestly, at this point we aren't even asking for developer feedback. Look at how much discussion is going on between Jesus mexxico and the community, and stuff is still getting shutdown due to what mexxico called "leadership".

I think it is clear that it is the decision makers of the studio that need to communicate with us about these issues. And if they can't do it themselves due to language barriers, they do have a native English speaking community manager.

Im not so certain.

I used to believe this and like many others have stated - i used to be seen as a white knight or defender of devs here for a while. The reason is i know greatness takes times and i honestly believed the devs did have a strong vision -as dictated by Dev Blogs - they just needed more time. That started as hopeful optimism to not so hopeful optimism to concerned to pretty sure we're getting screwed here.

You say they have their overall vision? what makes you believe that its nothing more than each guy/girl finish his/her job in his/her little department and be done with it getting their paycheck and moving on from this debacle. There is poor communication and then there is blatant ignoring as not wanting to answer the question and i think they crossed that boundary a few months ago. Where is out community liaison? Why is there no communication about the community very obvious concern of lack of game depth starting with the dev blogs describing so many wanted features and the reason i bought the game day 1.

As it is we have 1-2 brave devs trying their best to almost cover all our concerns but often left with "well i agree but thats not my department and after taking it to the committee they rejected it..." -so where do we go from there? Blind trust in a trajectory that seems destined to crash -releasing the game as a fun arcade combat but zero areas of interest in strategy or npc elements?

The fact that the owner has disappeared that long ago -on his multi million dollar investment/creation and leaving us all with our hands out (G rated version of my sentiment) is the biggest tell. Had he left a strong line of communication between staff and us id feel different -remember, Early Access is still an act of trust built on both good faith and real money -yet they shut down (verbally) on their end..

oh i don't want a fullblown RTS, all i want is a more immersive game and at the very minimum the basic features warband had and if possible expanded a bit to be more interesting, warband had many awesome and immersive features but sadly most of them were shallow (understandably a product of it's time), bannerlord just erased many of them without any kind of replacement.

marriage mini-game? speech-check instead
skill books? nothing
controversy? nothing
right to rule? nothing
claimants? nothing
giving suggestions to other lords or asking for support in military endeavors? nothing for now and most of it was rejected in their recent meeting according to Mexxico
making camp to rest in the world map? just the wait button
making companions into lords with distinctive personalities base on their background and reactions from other lords to it? nothing
distinctive personalities of AI lords? just the trait system that don't seem to affect anything in their decision making for now
A lot of what you mention here is more social aspect of the game. Personally I thought (and still think) they will have a dedicated update for that (maybe DLC). From all the update I see they have been focusing on three things 1-Bugfixes 2-Performance enchantment 3-Polishing existing mechanics (like adding perks and balance). I think they want the base bread and butter to be as good as it can be before they seriously focus adding other things. It can be frustrating since those 3 things I mentioned are not as visible as actual content and for those who play a lot it feels like the game isn't getting anything new. But those 4 things are time consuming jobs and are important.

I used to believe this and like many others have stated - i used to be seen as a white knight or defender of devs here for a while. The reason is i know greatness takes times and i honestly believed the devs did have a strong vision -as dictated by Dev Blogs - they just needed more time. That started as hopeful optimism to not so hopeful optimism to concerned to pretty sure we're getting screwed here.

You say they have their overall vision? what makes you believe that its nothing more than each guy/girl finish his/her job in his/her little department and be done with it getting their paycheck and moving on from this debacle. There is poor communication and then there is blatant ignoring as not wanting to answer the question and i think they crossed that boundary a few months ago. Where is out community liaison? Why is there no communication about the community very obvious concern of lack of game depth starting with the dev blogs describing so many wanted features and the reason i bought the game day 1.

As it is we have 1-2 brave devs trying their best to almost cover all our concerns but often left with "well i agree but thats not my department and after taking it to the committee they rejected it..." -so where do we go from there? Blind trust in a trajectory that seems destined to crash -releasing the game as a fun arcade combat but zero areas of interest in strategy or npc elements?

The fact that the owner has disappeared that long ago -on his multi million dollar investment/creation and leaving us all with our hands out (G rated version of my sentiment) is the biggest tell. Had he left a strong line of communication between staff and us id feel different -remember, Early Access is still an act of trust built on both good faith and real money -yet they shut down (verbally) on their end..
Pretty strong argument.

Havent seen or heard from Owner-magan in a while. It is a very strong and concerning tell.

Back
Top Bottom