Resolved I have been banned because I have criticized the game.

Do you support free speech in the chatbox?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supreme Arab

Recruit
UPDATE 07/22/2020 (NOT SOLVED)

Peace be upon whoever followed the right path,

I am writing this message to share with you my disappointment regarding the banning policy.

I have been banned from the game for six days -until 24 July- for the reason '"toxic behavior''' even though I didn't offend anyone in the chatbox. All that I have said is "'retarded game'' then I was banned with a message displays a text with ''please don't play the game if you don't like it''. The irony is that the chatbox is filled with all types of racist words that could you imagine, from N-word to offending mothers but no one got banned other than me. So, does criticize your game that I have paid money for is more ''toxic'' than racist behavior?

-Ibn Ageel

Last edited:
I was banned with a message displays a text with ''please don't play the game if you don't like it''
I'm not sure if Bannerlord currently has such feature. Because chat is already crowded with racist chats, as you already mentioned. Do you have any screenshot or something?

If this is true, ask for a refund. Because if this is what they are claiming as "reason" then they have to refund. As long as you are not racist or something you should be able to criticise game if you want.

Although your nickname is quite.. well.. looks like a troll.

Racism is not tolerated
Do you have any screenshot or something?

Although your nickname is quite.. well.. looks like a troll.

This is the proof (sorry if it is tilted couldn't rotate it)
715881434.jpg

<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
You just didn't say that. You kept spamming it. How is that criticizing the game at that point? Lots of people criticize the game, you probably already know that considering you were playing TDM. Those are not banned.

I don't think you should be allowed to ruin others' enjoyment just because you don't like it.

You just didn't say that. You kept spamming it. How is that criticizing the game at that point? Lots of people criticize the game, you probably already know that considering you were playing TDM. Those are not banned.

I don't think you should be allowed to ruin others' enjoyment just because you don't like it.

First, there is no such thing as ''ruining the enjoyment others'' this is a flexible reason and has a wide range of meanings that could be interpreted differently by different individuals. And if this was the case, then aren't racism and profound ''ruin the enjoyment of others?'' why they didn't get banned?

Secondly, I didn't spam it, I used the sentence whenever I faced something consider irritating in the game. Spamming is typing the same word or sentence in a very short period of time, like seconds between one sentence and another, which I didn't do.

Thank you for your comment.

Last edited:
First, there is no such thing as ''ruining the enjoyment others'' this is a fixable reason and has a wide range of meanings that could be interpreted differently by different individuals. And if this was the case, then aren't racism and profound ''ruin the enjoyment of others?'' why they didn't get banned?

Secondly, I didn't spam it, I used the sentence whenever I faced something consider irritating in the game. Spamming is typing the same word or sentence in a very short period of time, like seconds between one sentence and another, which I didn't do.

:party::party::party:
Yes, I was banned.
:party::party::party:

First, there is no such thing as ''ruining the enjoyment others'' this is a fixable reason and has a wide range of meanings that could be interpreted differently by different individuals. And if this was the case, then aren't racism and profound ''ruin the enjoyment of others?'' why they didn't get banned?

I was in the game and I saw you write it quite frequently. Any racist or other kind of toxic behaviour I have come upon is also either banned or muted. About the ones that we haven't personally come upon, we have a ready to use detailed logging and reporting system on Beta branch but the patch is getting delayed constantly due to reasons I can't control. We are not ignoring.

I will not argue what is spam or not. But I will accept that maybe global mute was a better option. I have changed Ban to Global Mute.

You can contact our support here if you think it was unjustified: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Contact

I was in the game and I saw you write it quite frequently. Any racist or other kind of toxic behaviour I have come upon is also either banned or muted. About the ones that we haven't personally come upon, we have a ready to use detailed logging and reporting system on Beta branch but the patch is getting delayed constantly due to reasons I can't control. We are not ignoring.

I will not argue what is spam or not. But I will accept that maybe global mute was a better option. I have changed Ban to Global Mute.

You can contact our support here if you think it was unjustified: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Contact

So if I was banned because of spamming then why you wrote '' please don't play it if you don't like it" you should have mentioned that my toxic behavior was spamming -even though it is not- and you didn't mention any word refers to spamming in the message. It is like you didn't change your opinion that criticizing the game is a form of ''toxic behavior" and it ''ruins the enjoyment of others''.

It is either I was banned because of spamming or criticizing the game.

I still think that I don't deserve any kind of punishments even Globa Mute and I claim that the ban and Global Mute were both unjust actions taken by you. I will contact your support.

Thank you.

Ah.. So spamming was the issue.

But unfortunately, I still think that message is not appropriate. No company should say "Please don't play it if you don't like it" to their customers. This is unprofessional. If he would get banned from a private/custom server, the message wouldn't matter. But he banned from Official TW server by probably azakhi ( correct me if I'm wrong ) Even though sentence makes sense it's still unprofessional to see that it's coming from TW side.

For example, the same goes for racist comments. Let's say you banned a person because of a racist comment, would you put a message like "Don't be a racist pig"? You probably wouldn't, right? Would that be a good way to describe racist people? Yes, definitely. Would that be professional for a company to comment? No. Always leave out your personal feelings aside while doing company business otherwise you will be more prone to do mistakes in the future which might have way bigger backlashes.

But unfortunately, I still think that message is not appropriate. No company should say "Please don't play it if you don't like it" to their customers. This is unprofessional. If he would get banned from a private/custom server, the message wouldn't matter. But he banned from Official TW server by probably azakhi ( correct me if I'm wrong ) Even though sentence makes sense it's still unprofessional to see that it's coming from TW side.

For example, the same goes for racist comments. Let's say you banned a person because of a racist comment, would you put a message like "Don't be a racist pig"? You probably wouldn't, right? Would that be a good way to describe racist people? Yes, definitely. Would that be professional for a company to comment? No. Always leave out your personal feelings aside while doing company business otherwise you will be more prone to do mistakes in the future which might have way bigger backlashes.

It was me and I am sorry for that. I just thought if game annoys someone, they should probably take a break, it is just a game after all. But it was still wrong. And my wording wasn't any better. I apologize.

they should probably take a break, it is just a game after all.
I agree, they should. And that's what I did, for example.

Thanks for being open about this by the way. Not everyone is okay to admit their mistakes after all, so it's a valuable trait to have.

As a side note: it's great to see that Ban/Mute function is added and working properly :smile:

His message was unprofessional and his reason was unconvinced, actually that what toxic people say in the chatbox when someone express his opinion about the game. I didn't want to comment on how he delivered that sentence because I didn't want the subject to be shifted from ''why I got banned" to ''he used unsuitable words"

It was me and I am sorry for that. I just thought if game annoys someone, they should probably take a break, it is just a game after all. But it was still wrong. And my wording wasn't any better. I apologize.

I accept your apologies. But If someone wants to take a break from a game then he should do that by himself, not being forced. It is a game at the end of the day, it can't annoy someone more than a few seconds. I hope that I can now use the chatbox again and not be muted.

To be honest, there is nothing azakhi needs to apologize for here.

You just don't type into the chat "retarded". This is not free speech. Would you talk like this away from the internet?? Imagine talking like this to the police. Guess you will get banned from reallife for a couple days.

I accept your apologies. But If someone wants to take a break from a game then he should do that by himself, not being forced. It is a game at the end of the day, it can't annoy someone more than a few seconds. I hope that I can now use the chatbox again and not be muted.

Please contact support.
I still think mute was justified. If you think what I did was wrong, it is best if you discuss it with another employee.

You just don't type into the chat "retarded". This is not free speech. Would you talk like this away from the internet?? Imagine talking like this to the police. Guess you will get banned from reallife for a couple days.

You seem still a young lad. Yes I talk like that away from the internet. Talking like this to police will not lead you to be banned from life.

Have a good night.

You are missing the point. I'm not talking about free-speech. And that comparison is not logical. But if you still want a comparison/scenario that includes police, here is one:
Let's say you are doing a protest and police handcuffed you and started to beat you afterwards on the floor because you previously throw a rock at them. Well, one might say "Anyone would be pissed off if you throw a rock at them and starts beating you. He should be glad that he is not dead" but that's not legal or apporiate. If that person wears a police uniform at that time, if that person is doing his work, he is not allowed to do such a thing. His only job is neutralizing the thread ( which he did by handcuffing ) and bringing him in. Police are not executers, even though that works differently in United States nowadays.

So if saying retard is against to rules, you can simply ban the person and put a note saying that it's against to rules. If he is spamming, say its spamming. Don't add personal comments or such.

I didn't want to comment on how he delivered that sentence because I didn't want the subject to be shifted from ''why I got banned" to ''he used unsuitable words"
For this point, he already explained to you why you got your ban. It was because of spamming. You can argue about their fairness if you like by saying they only banned you but not others, but this doesn't mean that you didn't do spamming. So if message was more clear - like explaining why you actually banned ( spamming etc ) then you wouldn't open this thread too.
Anyway, from now on, you may want to do your criticism in the forum rather than volley messaging in-game. I do understand that you might feel frustrated with game mechanics and such, but leave that to the forum or say it once. This also doesn't help you or devs because there is no official tracking in-game all the time. But forum is more visible and more trackable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom