I have a terrible bug!

Users who are viewing this thread

I just made an account to come report this same bug. Every single unit on the map is owned by the Tribe of Osraige including bandits lords and even factions kings, and even bandit camps are considered tribe owned.

Towns, castles and villages are all owned by the correct factions though.

Baldylord said:
I just made an account to come report this same bug. Every single unit on the map is owned by the Tribe of Osraige including bandits lords and even factions kings, and even bandit camps are considered tribe owned.

Towns, castles and villages are all owned by the correct factions though.

I thought I would be the only one, because I play a lot with Tribe of Osraige and it happened to me that I came out of them as a nobleman

I am sure the VC developers are aware of the problem and working on a fix (there are a ton of reports over at the Steam bug report thread).

Since it is too late to block the auto-update, you have 3 options:

1) Wait for the VC devs to release a patch. I am sure this will come soon, it just takes time, especially given it is Friday.

2) Or try to find the old VC 2.044 version files (for example, steam has prior versions of some games as beta opt ins, but not sure if that works for warband)

3) Or install a large mod built on VC 2.044 that is save compatible with vanilla saves (so by installing the mod, you will roll your version back at the same time). I always feel like a hack when I link my own mod, but it does have save compatibility with vanilla: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandbladevikingconquest/mods/5 The VC Tweaks Tool is another option, it is all set up for compiling and will roll you back to 2.036: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,348186.0.html

Whichever option you choose, I'd suggest continuing from a save made before today's update to be safe.

Phaiak said:
Thanks for the feedback. We are really sorry about the bug. We will try to solve the problem as soon as possible. Please try to make a copy of your save games before overriding them in V 2.049. We will keep you updated.

You've released an update but the BUG has not yet been fixed ? :cry:

The 2.049 update is now rolled back and Steam should revert your game to 2.048 again. You should now be able to play the game again without any issues. If you have saved a game in 2.049 it may be corrupted and should not be used anymore. We will create a new secure update asap.
ariel127711 said:
You've released an update but the BUG has not yet been fixed ? :cry:
We haven't been aware of the bug until today 10:15 CET. Sorry for the inconvenience.

My backup in the documents folder saved before the update so i fixed my ruined save! I just deleted the currupted save and copied and pasted the backup renaming it after the ruined one. I don't know if this will save anyone else but it is worth a try. Check: C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband Savegames
if you have a backup save before the update you may be ok. Now i will check for updates before launching and go offline mode in steam until I hear the update is safe.

Phaiak said:
Thanks for the feedback. We are really sorry about the bug. We will try to solve the problem as soon as possible. Please try to make a copy of your save games before overriding them in V 2.049. We will keep you updated.

Any updates so far?

wow... and I honestly thought I was having a lucky weekend.
This morning I did something I never do - deleted all my non-current savegames. Was so happy. Only1 save file left. Well done me, right?
Hadn't noticed any updates for M&B. ...
I then saved my bugged game before realising it was bugged (had left it just before fighting a competition in town)... hah.

so much for my lucky weekend.

Idk if it matters in any way shape or form, but my save file all enemy lords are showing as my own faction, not osairge. maybe because i wiped them out already? just an fyi...

I've been so good about ignoring WoW too... even with free weekend last week! ... ... please o'might gods of gaming let there be an important BL update to keep me distracted before vanilla wow launches - I know a lowly savage such as myself is of no signifigance to such mighty beings, but my sanity might well depend on it !

anyhoo,
good hunting

Back
Top Bottom