I have a large number of bugs to report from version 1.5.6, but I don't know how many of them have been fixed already

Users who are viewing this thread

So this thread feels out of place in General, but it doesn't quite fit the guidelines for threads in the Support forum.

Basically, what it says on the tin. I've got an ever-growing list of bugs and issues, but I'm having a hard time figuring out if I should report them, because I'm running an old version and also running a few mods. Whenever I find an issue, I try to see if I can reproduce it in unmodded version, but some of them only show up late in the game, and I don't have time to run a second, unmodded campaign all the way to late-game just to bug-hunt. I'm not getting paid for this, and I'm already spending a lot of time bug-hunting (and not at all enjoying it).

So, can someone who is interested in shooting down bugs and plays the latest version (or at least the latest stable version) unmodded confirm/deny that the following issues still exist in unmodded, up-to-date version? (Strikethrough indicates that the issue has been confirmed to occur on latest version and has been reported.)

* Crash when talking to {character in another party in player's army} who is outside of a settlement while player is inside settlement.
* Companions & lords leading parties in player's army are placed into wrong formations in battle (with effectively no way to correct it).
* Delayed companion/lord death when retreating (if a character is killed in battle, and the player retreats and disengages prior to winning that fight, that character's death does not occur until the end of the next fight, or until a certain amount of time has passed on the campaign map).
* Some NPCs who apparently died before the start of the campaign keep aging after death (and some are referred to in the present tense in encyclopedia).
* Parties of player's clan can be used to add cohesion to army for free, by removing and re-adding them to army.
* When taking upgrade-ready troops from another clan member's party, they do not show as ready-to-upgrade until after another troop has been upgraded, or until the party screen has been closed and reopened at least once.
* When the last adult member of a clan dies, all members of that clan under 18 years of age also die (are "lost").
* Encyclopedia doesn't remember scroll state between pages (that is, if I hit the back button, it snaps up to the top of the list, rather than to the page where I accessed the second page from).
* Encyclopedia filters reset every time it is re-opened.
* Unable to open encyclopedia pages of characters in player's army via the army window.
* Unable to sort prisoners in list.
* Cannot modify groups in the pre-battle phase that occurs when in army (a window shows you which groups are being led by which character, but there's no way to alter them).
* When the character's weapon is seen against water in the background terrain (not the battlefield itself), a mirage is created.
* Axes and maces make a sword-drawing sound when drawn, rather than the wooden-shaft sound which e.g. javelins make when drawn.
* Large chunks of dirt fly up from characters' feet when walking indoors in keeps, even on marble floors. It's most noticeable when they are ascending spiral staircases, but it happens in general.
* Troop persistence only partially works; once you take them prisoner and recruit them, they take a new appearance. Also, even before that point, when the face persistence is working, their gear changes between battles.

There are more that I've found, but I got disheartened by the bureaucratic nature of the bug reporting system (proper bug-hunting needs more communication between testers and developers, and form-letter responses are demoralizing for testers who are volunteering their time) and thus stopped adding bugs to my list for a while. If this thread is a success, however, I'll start adding them as I (re)discover them.

Last edited:
Companions & lords leading parties in player's army are placed into wrong formations in battle (with effectively no way to correct it).
No change, frustrating, have asked violently to be able to choose this stuff... I mean what's the point of showing me the screen if it's un-changeable?

Delayed companion/lord death when retreating (if a character is killed in battle, and the player retreats and disengages prior to winning that fight, that character's death does not occur until the end of the next fight, or until a certain amount of time has passed on the campaign map).
Still present and working as intended, the point is that the player can use the after battle loot screen to remove equipment from the dead member before they officially die, I believe it also prevent some other bugs related to death too.

When the last adult member of a clan dies, all members of that clan under 18 years of age also die (are "lost").
I think this is just the cold hard way it goes down in calradia, not 100% sure, haven't killed a clan off yet in recent versions

* Encyclopedia doesn't remember scroll state between pages (that is, if I hit the back button, it snaps up to the top of the list, rather than to the page where I accessed the second page from).
* Encyclopedia filters reset every time it is re-opened.
It goes back to the last page you were on (unless re-loaded the game), if you go back to the hero list or such it is still at the top, not sure about filters.

Cannot modify groups in the pre-battle phase that occurs when in army (a window shows you which groups are being led by which character, but there's no way to alter them).
Yeah no change to this stuff, sucks :sad:

Not sure about the other stuff.

Still present and working as intended, the point is that the player can use the after battle loot screen to remove equipment from the dead member before they officially die, I believe it also prevent some other bugs related to death too.
No, I mean the end of the next battle. I'm pretty sure it's a bug.

For example, Morcon the Brave was killed in a big battle; I saw the death icon on his name in the kills & deaths window. If I finish the battle, then go through the prisoners and loot screens, and am then returned to the campaign map, this is when his actual death is supposed to take place.

However, if I did not finish that battle, and instead retreated and disengaged from the enemy party on the campaign map, Morcon the Brave is still in my party, gaining % on his health bar, and able to talk to me. But the next time I fight any enemy, after that battle, he will die (even if he takes no damage in that battle).

I've also seen a character affected by the bug simply die after a certain time has passed on the campaign map. Maybe half a day? Not sure, but I've also gone quite a bit without having him/her die, until the next battle is over.

For example, Morcon the Brave was killed in a big battle; I saw the death icon on his name in the kills & deaths window. If I finish the battle, then go through the prisoners and loot screens, and am then returned to the campaign map, this is when his actual death is supposed to take place.

However, if I did not finish that battle, and instead retreated and disengaged from the enemy party on the campaign map, Morcon the Brave is still in my party, gaining % on his health bar, and able to talk to me. But the next time I fight any enemy, after that battle, he will die (even if he takes no damage in that battle).

I've also seen a character affected by the bug simply die after a certain time has passed on the campaign map. Maybe half a day? Not sure, but I've also gone quite a bit without having him/her die, until the next battle is over.
Yes I've seen this before too, not sure if it's been changed, next time somebody dies I'll try to leave battle and see.

Okay I tried it and it is still as you described : Leaving a battle after a member has died, they linger in party for some time (about 1/2 a day) appearing to heal and then die with the death icon popping up on the right.

LOL yes. There were two reasons I reverted from 1.5.7 to 1.5.6; the first was the skinny-fat bug that is so annoying to me, and the second was that it broke the few mods I like to use (and the one I was writing).

Back
Top Bottom