I have a HUGE game breaking bug

Users who are viewing this thread

OK, so normally I would post in the bug reporting HQ but I feel that this is something that deserves its own thread.

OK, after I load my save, I start travelling, and when I do, the game plays fine for a few seconds before completely freezing. The music keeps playing but nothing happens. I have to completely reboot my computer every time .

This has made nova aetas literally unplayable. Please fix this.

Regards,
                Odin

Ouch, that sux. You don't need to restart your computer though. If you're on Windows, press ctrl + alt + delete, go to processes, sort on memory usage and kill mb_.exe, first in list, or something what looks like this.

Do you play the latest version, 1.167 of Warband and can you upload a savegame? Use this site for example: http://www.filedropper.com/. Thanks for reporting. This bug is reported by multipled people, but freezes are nearly impossible to fix.

http://www.filedropper.com/sg02_1

here it is! when you load in, my party should be just outside of hashalla. If not, then I uploaded the wrong save.

Edit: sorry for the double post

YES!  :smile:

I've localized the bug! Thank you so much. This is what I did:

A freeze can only be caused by three things:

- module_triggers file
- module_simple_triggers file
- Hardcoded game elements

It can't be hardcoded core game elements, because Nova Aetas players encounter freezes significantly more than people who play native game. So it's only one of these two files. Triggers are specific code blocks who fire at a specific date. For example the weekly budget overview. There's a code in simple_triggers who brings up this overview weekly.

To check whether these files are being the cause of these ****ty freeze moments, I had to replace all triggers by blanco triggers, keeping the same amount of triggers as before - otherwise the game would instantly crash upon loading the savegame.
Filling module_triggers.txt with blanco triggers didn't prevent any freeze. That other file however... is causing the freeze! I loaded your savegame and could walk further without any crash, freeze or whatever.

I am pretty sure a huge amount of Nova Aetas players will thank you for your efforts. Now for me, the most ****ty piece o' work for scripters starts. I need to find the exact line that's causing the freeze. This can only be achieved by filling 50% of the triggers with blanco ones, start game, check if freeze happens, if not then that 50% contains the problem. Now I need to check 50% of that piece... and so forth. There are more than 4600 lines o' code. But I'll find it.  :twisted:

I highly doupt that it will take a short time

My boy I know everything,  :twisted: :twisted:

So i'm coming for you :3

Ah I see the problem. This freeze is ultimately caused by another thing that sow terror among Nova Aetas fans. When I take a look at the troops overview I see messy text, weird sentences and more.

This is a bug which appeared after v1.2 and I haven't been able to fix it yet. It's a very nasty one, it messes up registers, names, strings, text and whatever and also ingame variables. This last one is the cause of the freeze you faced. I must have assigned a variable in a wrong manner, which messes up all other variables.

I've asked people to report this bug and tell what they had done right before. But people didn't really come up with good possible causes. I think I'll seriously test all features myself, to start with the colony part. I have a strong suspicion that the problems occur here.

----------
Do you want to do me a favour? Can you sum up which Nova Aetas features you encountered? For example: building a colony, setting up enterprise, kingdom, town, village management, ...

Well, I have:

-Built a castle

-fought as footsoldier is king cedrus's army

-fought as a mercenary for swadia( I know this is a native feature but I included it anyway)

-bought and rented out property in certain cities

-killed a ton of lords in the kingdom of rhodoks

-used the influence point system

-bought a few ships

-Built a farm

-become a lord of swadia (currently an earl)

-employed all the ministers (city management)

-shifted the balance of power from the nobility somewhat to one of the lower classes (in hashalla)

-called for a celebration in hashalla (can't remember which celebration though)

-recruited norgr troops

-recruited agonic troops

-sailed

-recruited mithridian troops

-Fought the mithridans on the sea ( broken by the way)

-Lit the agonic beacons

-used the prestige point system (as you can see, I am naming every single feature I can think of)

-let prisoners go free (non nobles)

-executed prisoners (non nobles)

-fought at a cathar castle (there seems to be a problem with the doors there)

-fought the Montenegrin... I mean turghrun hoard(:shifty:)

-searched the ukxhal ruins

-found the treasure in the ukxhal ruins

-fought in a crusade(also a bit bugged)

-killed a king (rhodoks) 3 in fact :twisted:

-fought the agonic order

- fought the MROZ > ??? <

-used the village elder shortcut in the village menu

-entered the guild hall

-entered the church

-entered this papal palace

-entered zendar

-entered aldurais

-entered drachenburg

-entered the papal throne room

These are the things I can think of off the top of my head. If I think of any more, I will either edit them in to this post or post them seperatly. I hope this helps.

Also, something weird happened when I set one of the rhodok lord free (duca bula) I got a bit of diolouge about reporting to the quartermaster for gear and equipment, and then he joined my party.

Edit: Actually, I might have been executing him

Back
Top Bottom