SP - Player, NPCs & Troops I hate other lords summoning my companion parties

Users who are viewing this thread

I like this idea, I will try to include this in a suggestions meeting.
Thanks! Honestly I'm loving all the recent additions to those notifications, it's an effective way to make the player feel like the decision maker.

It might be overbearing as I am not sure how frequent this happens, but if it's not very frequent it might be possible.
Personally once I get to the point where I can create an army, I typically run around with my parties in my army. The only time I let them go is to recruit, so the time for AI to steal my parties is a minimal part of my gameplay. I also imagine adding a relationship penalty when declining one of your parties would make people want to keep them in their own personal army even more so they don't damage relationships too much. So maybe to encourage players to let them serve we should add a relationship bonus if you let your party go fight for an AI army. I think it's easy to justify someone liking you more if you respond to their call to fight.

A potential issue with this I can think of is that AI army calculations for how big their army should be might need to not consider the players parties so that if they get rejected they aren't doomed on whatever their object is. Let the players forces be an additive to the force like it currently is with us just randomly joining. So if the army needs 1000 strength, let it recruit 1000 strength from AI parties and then also have them recruit some % of that from the players parties

We could even take this a step further, what if AI armies asked the player to join them? If the player accepted you could have a time limit to arrive and if you don't make it in time its as if you said no. That would be a really cool way to build relations during the vassal phase.

A potential issue with this I can think of is that AI army calculations for how big their army should be might need to not consider the players parties so that if they get rejected they aren't doomed on whatever their object is. Let the players forces be an additive to the force like it currently is with us just randomly joining. So if the army needs 1000 strength, let it recruit 1000 strength from AI parties and then also have them recruit some % of that from the players parties
AFAICT, the AI only has a general goal in mind when forming and their actual objective is only decided when they are mostly/fully formed up and it is subject to change on a frequent basis, so this shouldn't be a problem. If they expect 90 troops but those 90 troops don't arrive, they'll just adjust their expectations.

AFAICT, the AI only has a general goal in mind when forming and their actual objective is only decided when they are mostly/fully formed up and it is subject to change on a frequent basis, so this shouldn't be a problem. If they expect 90 troops but those 90 troops don't arrive, they'll just adjust their expectations.
Nice! I can't really think of any other issues

Just wanted to point out again that the game mechanics need to be addressed before considering the immersion of being a vassal in a feudal society. The last few times my companion parties were called to an army, that army either kept ping-ponging from the town gate to inside the town/similar thing sieging an enemy for most of the army's duration, or marching aimlessly while they ran out of food. My troops keep getting thrown away by the AI. I'd like more control over my parties instead of writing them off as 'just another AI party only to be used to pad numbers'.

You can just spend 30 influence and disband the army once this happens and re-join them to your own army. so this is not really an issue IMO.
and this also has the relationship penalty as suggested.

You can just spend 30 influence and disband the army once this happens and re-join them to your own army. so this is not really an issue IMO.
and this also has the relationship penalty as suggested.
What about if you just want your clan to patrol your holdings and not go on the offensive? Disbanding an army is fine if it didn't happen all the time but there is almost never a time when a kingdom doesn't have one even during peace so eventually if you don't put them into an army you make they'll join another one.

What about if you just want your clan to patrol your holdings and not go on the offensive? Disbanding an army is fine if it didn't happen all the time but there is almost never a time when a kingdom doesn't have one even during peace so eventually if you don't put them into an army you make they'll join another one.
True,

I already suggested a number of times, these control options for your clan parties:

1. chase/don't chase anyone - just join the army immediately once given the command.
2. reinforce (or not) our clan fiefs (contribute troops to garrison)
3. reinforce (or not) allied fiefs (contribute troops to garrison)
4. avoid combat/preserve troops
5. stay close/far from me/our fiefs.
6. attack bandits - yes/no
7. siege enemy fiefs - yes/no
8. focus on solving issues yes/no
9. recruit or not
10. recruit prisoners or not
11. upgrade and hire poisoners (yes/not)
12. sell prisoners at town/castle (yes/not)
13. how much food to have (100/200/300...)
14. reinforce our fiefs only with low rank troops.
15. if allowed to take troops from our fiefs and at what level
16. focus on speed - be quick so can outrun enemies (yes/no)
17. join other clans army (yes/no)

You can prevent your parties from joining armies by reducing their budget, so they stay under the size threshold.

A party of 40 out of 160 will patrol your lands very effectively without ever joining an army.

True,

I already suggested a number of times, these control options for your clan parties:

1. chase/don't chase anyone - just join the army immediately once given the command.
2. reinforce (or not) our clan fiefs (contribute troops to garrison)
3. reinforce (or not) allied fiefs (contribute troops to garrison)
4. avoid combat/preserve troops
5. stay close/far from me/our fiefs.
6. attack bandits - yes/no
7. siege enemy fiefs - yes/no
8. focus on solving issues yes/no
9. recruit or not
10. recruit prisoners or not
11. upgrade and hire poisoners (yes/not)
12. sell prisoners at town/castle (yes/not)
13. how much food to have (100/200/300...)
14. reinforce our fiefs only with low rank troops.
15. if allowed to take troops from our fiefs and at what level
16. focus on speed - be quick so can outrun enemies (yes/no)
17. join other clans army (yes/no)
Taleworlds has made it clear they do not want the player to have any more options than they have. It's unfortunate but if you want all these kinds of options you'll have to hope a modder will do something like this or get into modding yourself.

You can prevent your parties from joining armies by reducing their budget, so they stay under the size threshold.

A party of 40 out of 160 will patrol your lands very effectively without ever joining an army.
A party of 40 or so can do a decent job of quelling bandits, but most lord parties are going to be 80+ so they really can't do anything about protecting your lands.

A party of 40 or so can do a decent job of quelling bandits, but most lord parties are going to be 80+ so they really can't do anything about protecting your lands.

*shrug*

My lands don't get raided because I am generally friendly with enemy lords. Catch and release.

I talk about Bannerlord. You are king in bannerlord and a vassal just give you the ugly finger when you call to arms, paying some influence
Many players would argue that´s reason enough for a "free" execution, I assume
Agreed. Want to be a vassal? Fulfill your obligation.

Could we get a request popup (similar to ransom offers) of an offer to take one of your parties into an army. Then let us choose yes or no with a relationship penalty if we choose no.
I like this idea, I will try to include this in a suggestions meeting. It might be overbearing as I am not sure how frequent this happens, but if it's not very frequent it might be possible.

So what happened with this?

This is implemented, however not as a request but instead, when you select a stance for your party, namely the defensive stance, your parties will not join to armies.
You mean in the actual beta? because I don't think tahat it's working my parties in defensive stance are always called in armies.

This is implemented, however not as a request but instead, when you select a stance for your party, namely the defensive stance, your parties will not join to armies.
Appreciate your reply. This change is going to be very helpful. It's been one of the most complained about issues.

Back
Top Bottom