SP - Player, NPCs & Troops I hate other lords summoning my companion parties

Users who are viewing this thread

tchaik

Recruit
I hate this mechanic. I spend a lot of time grooming and leveling my troops to give to my garrisons and companion parties. I hate that the AI can summon my clan parties and throw the troops away on a whim. No, I don't want to have them in my army 24/7. I know there are ways to work around this, but I want an option in the base game for it to never happen. It is seriously un-fun and is extremely frustrating. Please get rid of it already!

I hate this mechanic. I spend a lot of time grooming and leveling my troops to give to my garrisons and companion parties. I hate that the AI can summon my clan parties and throw the troops away on a whim. No, I don't want to have them in my army 24/7. I know there are ways to work around this, but I want an option in the base game for it to never happen. It is seriously un-fun and is extremely frustrating. Please get rid of it already!
+1
Yes, they should add a option to disable/enable joining of armies for clan parties.

How do you motivate beeing a vassal but not beeing obliged to support the armies in the realm?
I agree with this, if we introduce a way for players to withhold their parties being used, the other clans can penalize them for not helping the war effort. As a vassal (or even as the faction leader) you have obligations to the realm you belong to.

I agree with this, if we introduce a way for players to withhold their parties being used, the other clans can penalize them for not helping the war effort. As a vassal (or even as the faction leader) you have obligations to the realm you belong to
I agree with this, if we introduce a way for players to withhold their parties being used, the other clans can penalize them for not helping the war effort. As a vassal (or even as the faction leader) you have obligations to the realm you belong to.
Yea that's fine and all, I get that 'other lords wouldn't like it if I don't contribute'. But they're just code or imagination, and I'm the guy sitting behind the computer trying to enjoy the game. I'm fine with some penalty, a payment to the kingdom or whatever. The current army system is either forcing me to play in a very particular way by always having my companions in my army/not having companion parties (boring and frustrating), or by letting my companion parties act like every other AI party in the game (also boring and frustrating). The current system is narrowing playstyles and isn't fun. As I said, it's super frustrating to level particular troops that you want only for your companion party to be called to throw them away. The AI doesn't spend their real life leisure time doing these things. I shouldn't have to be pushed into playing the same way as the AI just to avoid frustrations they don't even experience.

It´s forcing you to follow some kind of feudal code and contract. We can discuss the implementation if you want but I´m happy there is a feudal contract in the game of some kind and a suggestion only to get rid of it(for the player) can't expect to be supported. And hey, your main party is allready excluded.

I´d like a solution with partyroles. Among secondary parties, one must be available for service in the name of the realm. More than one can be. It could be a checkbox on the clanscreen, party-tab. If the last such party goes down and there are still secondary parties in your clan, within a day or two that party will be your warparty unless you create a new.

It´s forcing you to follow some kind of feudal code and contract. We can discuss the implementation if you want but I´m happy there is a feudal contract in the game of some kind and a suggestion only to get rid of it(for the player) can't expect to be supported. And hey, your main party is allready excluded.

I´d like a solution with partyroles. Among secondary parties, one must be available for service in the name of the realm. More than one can be. It could be a checkbox on the clanscreen, party-tab. If the last such party goes down and there are still secondary parties in your clan, within a day or two that party will be your warparty unless you create a new.
I think there could be an influence malus (or bonus for letting all your parties join armies). I.e., if you have 3 companion parties that you disallow from joining lords' armies, you could get -x influence/day, possibly growing (to a maximum) based on number of days. On the other hand, if you allow them to join, you could gain a small(er) bonus in a similar fashion. This fits within the game's mechanics and feudalism/vassal stuff.

In the end, though, all I want is some more control and a damned option. Otherwise make the companion parties fully AI and don't let me give them specific troops. The half-half that's implemented makes things extremely frustrating: "cool I can control what troops I give my clan parties! I can have one be cav, one be archers, and I'll make sure my companions have captain perks in those areas! Awesome--wait, what? the AI is taking my party and there isn't anything I can do about it besides disbanding their WHOLE army? I just spent hours tailoring my parties! Only way around it is to not have parties or to be a king and constantly have them in your army? What!?"

p.s.: companion parties auto-donating and auto-taking to/from your garrison is also frustrating. Especially because there are so many menus to go through over and over. Again, you get a bit of control, but the clan party ai mostly ignores it.

How do you motivate beeing a vassal but not beeing obliged to support the armies in the realm?
Historically, kingdoms were rarely united about anything. IMO most players would be happy to lose influence and suffer relationship penalties with the rest of their faction when their gameplay required this option.

Historically, kingdoms were rarely united about anything. IMO most players would be happy to lose influence and suffer relationship penalties with the rest of their faction when their gameplay required this option.
What would you do if you are king and your newly recruited clan said like that? Would you only hate them abit and carry on?

Look, I get the "real-world implications" and "historical significance", but the thing is this game mechanic is frustrating and diminishes the fun of the game. I'm approaching 1000 hours in this game, and every playthrough I am still frustrated by this mechanic. I'm sure dozens of people could argue for or against changing it based on "what real kingdoms would do", but just give players some more options and minimize the un-fun and frustrating mechanics.

Kings rarely had absolute power, requiring them to compromise with their Barons to avoid civil wars.
I talk about Bannerlord. You are king in bannerlord and a vassal just give you the ugly finger when you call to arms, paying some influence
Many players would argue that´s reason enough for a "free" execution, I assume!

I talk about Bannerlord. You are king in bannerlord and a vassal just give you the ugly finger when you call to arms, paying some influence
Many players would argue that´s reason enough for a "free" execution, I assume!
Ok in Bannerlord, the player's party isn't compelled to join any King's army and doesn't risk execution. Equally, the player for zero influence cost can keep all of his/her companion warbands in their own army, avoiding call ups from other armies, without any penalties. However, players don't always want to nursemaid an army stack, they also want options to park companion warbands without them being drafted by idiot AI Lords who just throw away their troops in autocalc battles. I presume you are aware how poorly autocalc simulates casualties compared to fighting the same battle in a scene.

@NPC99 did you even read the comment you are quoting?
  • Player main party isn't compelled to join any army. Nobody claims it schould be. OT
  • Player can have a free army with companions. Nobody claims anything else. OT
  • Autocalc discussion is OT.
Instead my question was how you would like a vassal who did the same to you - ignored your call to arms.

This is a Rant thread now. I leave.

I do agree we should be able to control that our parties should be able to auto decline joining an army. But that could be maybe a -2 relation penalty each time or something like that. One point is yes we should help out during war but with how influence is earned there is always someone with enough influence to summon people so its really a non stop call for people. other point is we release out other parties so they can gather troops but every time we release them we know the instant they have 40% they will get summoned, TW needs to implement a better system for it. Simple solution make a check mark to auto decline but suffer a relation loss by doing it, just like in Warband when you didn't report to the Marshall. With this system I just hold all my companion parties in my army since I know releasing them means they will lose a battle and get captured soon

Could we get a request popup (similar to ransom offers) of an offer to take one of your parties into an army. Then let us choose yes or no with a relationship penalty if we choose no.

Could we get a request popup (similar to ransom offers) of an offer to take one of your parties into an army. Then let us choose yes or no with a relationship penalty if we choose no.
I like this idea, I will try to include this in a suggestions meeting. It might be overbearing as I am not sure how frequent this happens, but if it's not very frequent it might be possible.

Back
Top Bottom