I hate Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Part of the reason I find it so offensive when people say how mp is not important or doesn’t matter is because of the friends we’ve made. I’ve known some guys for 1/3 of my life, some more, it’s crazy. What kind of failure has created communities that stretch 10 years

Sure, great. What is your opinion? You've given me nothing to work with.
I've whinged non stop about the problems in this game for like 10 months. The clunky and inconsistent+broken combat(this in itself can be broken into dozens of pieces), the horrendous premade class system, the complete lack of absolutely neccesary game modes (Duel, Battle). If I were to list them all we'd be here for hours. I suggest you go and look through the closed beta section of the forum since 90% of the problems listed there are still completely unchanged.

Again, my point is that it seems we're attacking the upcoming changes before we've even tested them. At all.
I might've been willing to concede to this, I did in the past. All the sycophants saying "oh just wait it'll be better with the next patch" over and over. People said the premade classes system would be significantly improved by the adding of a second perk. In reality: the second perk did absolutely nothing, on the whole, to fix the serious flaws with the system. So, no: I won't be giving any statements of intentions coming from developers any benefit of the doubt, at least until said changes actually start amounting to something. Until then I will continue to complain.

This game is a MASSIVE disappointment. I waited for years, after playing Warband and other titles for thousands of hours. This game is lame ass exploit the meta BS instead of being a skill based melee oriented game. That is why it is near death.
Missile attacks are too strong, too easy. Kick needs a big nerf. Class system is garbage and embarrassing. Combat feels slow, sluggish, and all the delays are a joke.

This game is a MASSIVE disappointment. I waited for years, after playing Warband and other titles for thousands of hours. This game is lame ass exploit the meta BS instead of being a skill based melee oriented game. That is why it is near death.
Missile attacks are too strong, too easy. Kick needs a big nerf. Class system is garbage and embarrassing. Combat feels slow, sluggish, and all the delays are a joke.

Preaching to the crowd there, mate.

This thread is pure gold. Ultimately the major problem with Bannerlord is class system & most importantly block delay. If you fix #2 you will gain back some support. If it doesn't work? Revert it back.. what have they lost? It was in Warband beta and didn't work so they removed it. TaleWorlds doesn't learn much from previous mistakes.

#200IQSolutionsToProblemsByLes
#IfEveryoneJustIgnoredProblemsEverythingWouldGetBetter
#LifeHacksByLes
#LesMightBeAnAbsentFatherInTheFutureBecauseNoOneIsForcingHimToRaiseHisChild
#Les4Pres2020
Thanks for the nomination! " I just dont feel like forcing myself to play something I dont enjoy for much longer " Why is he forcing himself and *****ing?

Thanks for the nomination! " I just dont feel like forcing myself to play something I dont enjoy for much longer " Why is he forcing himself and *****ing?
It's called giving feedback and caring about the game even though you hate it.

Something some of the people who give the most constructive feedback have been doing since the alpha.

But i wouldn't expect more from someone who tells people that give valid criticism to the game to just stop playing.

It's called giving feedback and caring about the game even though you hate it.

Something some of the people who give the most constructive feedback have been doing since the alpha.

But i wouldn't expect more from someone who tells people that give valid criticism to the game to just stop playing.
Ironically himself he stopped playing and is now preaching people who are giving feedback to stop moaning and to stop playing while he has stopped playing and moaned it goes full circle.

As someone who plays the game nearly every day, I think this forum post is stupid. I think everyone whining about the combat is just extending an issue that shouldn't be a priority right now. You just need to look at the screenshots in @Younes123 signature to realize what Bannerlord is missing.

Due to the lack of custom servers or mod support the game just has no character, you can't have events or even just a regular server you go on to enjoy with your friends. The scale of what was possible is what made warband special, and I think the priority should be getting that into Bannerlord ASAP. Yes, there are several changes to combat that need to be made - but that should happen after servers are ready to do. If you fix the combat but nobody is playing the game anyways, what's the point.

Haha I get it - I took a loss in the duel tournament due to that. Though I think it's important to note a few players will always find a "meta" when it comes to combat. I've only seen a few competitive players use that or other things like kick slash/pila. Yes, these things shouldn't exist in the game, but I don't think that affects the majority of players. I'd rather have servers out now and wait 3 months for that stuff to be fixed, than have that be fixed to prevent the small percentage of players that use this from doing so, and wait months for servers.

Haha I get it - I took a loss in the duel tournament due to that. Though I think it's important to note a few players will always find a "meta" when it comes to combat. I've only seen a few competitive players use that or other things like kick slash/pila. Yes, these things shouldn't exist in the game, but I don't think that affects the majority of players. I'd rather have servers out now and wait 3 months for that stuff to be fixed, than have that be fixed to prevent the small percentage of players that use this from doing so, and wait months for servers.
It's funny you say that. There has been constant whining about how warband high level play is too clunky and some people are making the assumptions all players are like that in warband.

Just like you said, those kind of players are only seen in high level play.

Yeah I haven't had this one happen to me personally but just used it as a testament that the combat is extremely jank right now. Private servers would be great fun for all obviously but I don't think it'll satisfy many for that long if the combat isn't improved. Both need to be included and here's hoping we get there. I say here's hoping because we're not super sure if combat has been going in the correct direction and that's why so many are discontent, because if we keep going backwards we wont end up in an enjoyable game regardless of private servers or not.

This thread is pure gold. Ultimately the major problem with Bannerlord is class system & most importantly block delay. If you fix #2 you will gain back some support. If it doesn't work? Revert it back.. what have they lost? It was in Warband beta and didn't work so they removed it. TaleWorlds doesn't learn much from previous mistakes.

This, Warband had a block delay on and off because it was a controversial topic, in the end, towards the end of beta, it was removed completely. Why do we have to have the same discussions that were present 10 years ago? Instant blocking would help the game immensely already. The animation weight and physics might be more complex, but it doesn’t work better.

Nobody asked for Mount & Blade or Warband and yet we got it. This is their game. They design it as they see fit, just as they did with M&B and Warband.
They said in interviews that MP was created because it was strongly requested by the community, and I'm pretty sure they prioritised player feedback during development too. That had to have made some headway for the series, in addition to all of the other support by the community.

As someone who plays the game nearly every day, I think this forum post is stupid. I think everyone whining about the combat is just extending an issue that shouldn't be a priority right now. You just need to look at the screenshots in @Younes123 signature to realize what Bannerlord is missing.

Due to the lack of custom servers or mod support the game just has no character, you can't have events or even just a regular server you go on to enjoy with your friends. The scale of what was possible is what made warband special, and I think the priority should be getting that into Bannerlord ASAP. Yes, there are several changes to combat that need to be made - but that should happen after servers are ready to do. If you fix the combat but nobody is playing the game anyways, what's the point.
If it's Battle you want in custom servers, they said they can't add it, because it doesn't exist in the game:

This, Warband had a block delay on and off because it was a controversial topic, in the end, towards the end of beta, it was removed completely. Why do we have to have the same discussions that were present 10 years ago? Instant blocking would help the game immensely already. The animation weight and physics might be more complex, but it doesn’t work better.

This might sound odd but wouldn't completely removing the block delay reward gambling? If there was always instant block, you could always just swing blindly and never be punished for it as long as you could block their counter.

I'm not opposed to removing block delay, with a bad connection it can be all the more frustrating, just curious to hear people's thoughts regarding this.

Back
Top Bottom