I hate Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Its the potential bannerlord has that has vets so passionate and constantly being negative, we can see the flaws and potential but taleworlds doesnt seem too. Its just frustrating that this could have been absolutely amazing but its been released in this horrid state.

You have to aim your parry directly at the weapon head or it wont work.

That is the optimal way to parry, only because it's timing based and the last point of the weapon to land is the tip, it's always best to parry at the last possible moment in Mordhau. That doesn't mean you have to be blocking in the right direction or that it's directional based combat.

Its the potential bannerlord has that has vets so passionate and constantly being negative, we can see the flaws and potential but taleworlds doesnt seem too. Its just frustrating that this could have been absolutely amazing but its been released in this horrid state.

I can almost assure you that the developers are probably much more intensely aware of the criticism of Bannerlord than any of us are, it's their livelihood after all, and many of them have spent a huge portion of their lives on this game.

Nobody asked for Mount & Blade or Warband and yet we got it. This is their game. They design it as they see fit, just as they did with M&B and Warband. You're not entitled to whatever game it is that you think you deserve. Go make your own game if you're not happy with this one. Nobody forced you to buy a game that they spent a significant portion of their lives making.
And nobody asked for your opinion, either. But it's almost like that's what this forum is for: voicing opinions. This trashcan argument of "iT's THeiR GaMe tHEy caN dO wHaTeveR thEy wAnT" isn't even an argument at all, it's a deflection. And even if it was an argument, nobody is disputing the statement anyway.

I can almost assure you that the developers are probably much more intensely aware of the criticism of Bannerlord than any of us are
~90% of the problems that are currently in the game have been in the game for over a year now. And despite all of them being reported, and the majority of them being discussed or debated at length: they're still in the game. Terrible design decisions that the majority of people dislike, despise, or prefer previous iterations/systems permeate the entire game, and whoever is making the decisions (regarding multiplayer) at TaleWorlds is sitting in their ivory tower with zero clue as to what is actually wrong with the game. If that wasn't the case, these problems would be fixed by now. But they aren't. The months and years drag on and almost everything is still a poorly designed, broken mess. And the worst part is that it doesn't have to be.

God. I just want this game to be good. There are moments where I can obviously see that there is a pretty fun experience buried under all the stuff I listed. Unfortunately the game in its current state also has the power to make you want to put it down and never pick it back up.

that's what this forum is for: voicing opinions.

Sure, great. What is your opinion? You've given me nothing to work with.

~90% of the problems that are currently in the game have been in the game for over a year now.
Ok, but that's a total of 100% of problems you've had with the game since you started playing. Again, what problems specifically and what alternatives do you suggest?

Again, my point is that it seems we're attacking the upcoming changes before we've even tested them. At all.

It is not fun.

Infantry is too slow and the devs want to make them slower.

For clarification, I suggested this but youre misunderstanding the post that was leaked. It's not infantry that is slowed, it's most likely ground units (I'd imagine so anyways so that includes archers and what not). The problem with ground units is that their acceleration and movement speed are extremely fast, you're practically running almost all the time.

You can argue that heavy infantry are 'slow', but that's more of an illusion based on the speed of other units, infantry can easily block multiple people with shields and spin around, weave between people extremely easy and long jump 5 metres, global slowdown on all units would be ideal, that means the 'floaty' movement would be nerfed as the acceleration is lowered.

When you play duel, when you rotate around an infantry you're extremely fast if you're up close to the point where you're either backing off or jolting your mouse in attempt to keep up with the opposition, where as in warband you're always rotating with your target, as they're too slow to move around you unless you kick, it's the same idea I'd imagine they're going for in Bannerlord in the next patch. The floaty movement is because of this awful acceleration curve and general fast troops, so reducing that would ultimately mean that the movement would be smooth.

Although it may not seem like it, but Warband's character movement is much slower than Bannerlord's character moevement even on the slowest of Bannerlord's troops.

For example, there's been complaints that movement speed is too high (before this new patch). People spinning and doing 180's. With this new patch, there's been the proclamation that it's only infantry speed that has been reduced. Do we know this? Was movement speed too high overall? What is the reasoning behind a reduction in heavy infantry speed specifically?

My above post should answer this question too

Last edited:
With the main difference between Warband and Bannerlord being that 1 year after release nobody will be playing Bannerlord. If Taleworlds would rather have an empty game that they had the final say in instead of a popular multiplayer that had input from the community that is their problem and not ours. Some of the changes in the beta build need to be reverted ASAP or thats the nail in the coffin. I have no idea how some of the changes even get devised unless whoever the primary force behind them is has just been completely cut off from all sources of input.
Mount&Blade was never about multiplayer.

You can just see the figures for BL, some 10-20k players worldwide average, while only 200 or so are in MP.

Vast majority is single player. And 10-20k isn't empty at all.

Now regarding your feedback in the OP, I agree that the combat system is a bit too wonky to favour some realism with slower movement and everything, but I agree with @WOLFGEIST too, it's their game and they make it how they see fit.

You can just see the figures for BL, some 10-20k players worldwide average, while only 200 or so are in MP.

Now regarding your feedback in the OP, I agree that the combat system is a bit too wonky to favour some realism with slower movement and everything, but I agree with @WOLFGEIST too, it's their game and they make it how they see fit.
Dude I can’t stand this train of thought like Mp doesn’t matter. It does, Mp used to be huge, just look at Nw warband and all its mods. If it wasn’t about Mp me and the boys wouldn’t be playing together for 6-8 years in one game. 15-20k numbers is so pathetic for a game with this much hype, it’s actually incredible.

"Woah after conquering the world playing multiplayer should be a breeze!
Holy hell this guy attacks so fast. Wait how did I die there. Why is this guy kicking at my corpse?
Wait you can kick? How!?
Why are cavalry so powerful I stabbed it and it just kept running!
Well that spawn is just dumb how can I expect to save up money if I instantly die when I spawn?
How did that lance do 500 damage!?
Why am I getting shot I KEPT MY SHIELD UP!
Why is that archer so damn accurate when hes on a horse?
I cant pick my own equipment? Why the hell not?!
Oh come on i definitely blocked that
Jav jav jav javj avj ajvvjavjavjavjavjavjav
Why is that infantry running away and jumping?
He can kick then SHOOT A BOW before i can react?!
That kick definitely missed!
Well I got couched and the cavs ran through the spawn area and killed me again. Guess thats 6 minutes where I wont get to play."

Yeah its their game, they can make it however they want. Maybe make it fun though? How about helping new players learn the game instead of throwing them literally to the wolves as they play multiplayer. Singleplayer in no way teaches you how to play multiplayer, the tutorial doesnt mention some of the most vital mechanics, so ofcourse they dont want to play it.

10-20 000 world wide average, if they fleshed out the game in multiplayer, that could be a single tournament match viewership.

Keep in mind that the game is far from finished, we simply don't know how it is going to be then. Seriously, TW plans so far really sound promising and in our interest, I don't get all this hate and "they don't listen to us!!!".. They have thousands of things to do and people are complaining why THAT ONE suggestion isn't implemented yet, thats rediculous.

Last edited:
If MP wasn't important, TW wouldn't have even wasted resources on developing it. It's incredibly short-sighted to think that because MP wasn't as popular as SP in Warband that it shouldn't be improved on and made more successful in the sequel.

These numbers don't mean the concept of M&B MP is unwanted by the community, only that Bannerlord's execution is seriously lacking. I think TW could have found a middleground that would have appealed to both Warband veterans and newcomers, but what we currently have does neither, so the numbers aren't surprising.

Keep in mind that the game is far from finished, we simply don't know how it is going to be then. Seriously, TW plans so far really sounnd promising and in our interest, I don't get all this hate and "they don't listen to us!!!".. They have thousands of things to do and people are complaining why THAT ONE suggestion isn't implemented yet, thats rediculous.
Many of the people complaining have been playing since the start of the alpha/beta. There was a lot of good feedback from almost a year ago now that TW has still not acted upon. Most of the future plans for MP currently seem unrelated to the issues stopping people from playing MP or are vague to the point that they could improve or worsen the game.

we simply don't know how it is going to be then
This is one of the largest problems right now, we have no idea what TW's vision is with MP. Ultimately, it's entirely their right to make the game as they see fit, but if no one plays it or it's quickly killed by a mod then all their hardwork would have been for nothing.

Keep in mind that the game is far from finished, we simply don't know how it is going to be then. Seriously, TW plans so far really sounnd promising and in our interest, I don't get all this hate and "they don't listen to us!!!".. They have thousands of things to do and people are complaining why THAT ONE suggestion isn't implemented yet, thats rediculous.
As I said, most of the changes that fix the game DO NOT take time, especially when it’s your daily job to work on this. Clearly the only things we got for MP, made by a fully MP committed team, were: a supposedly nerf on menavlion (still one hits everything on horse tho), 2/3 new maps that crash all the time, new loading screens and that’s pretty much it. 4 months. In all honesty that should have been a week of work, not 4 months.

I agree but that doesnt matter until its released. I can tell you I'm baking you the most amazing cake you'll ever taste. It'll be top 3 moments in your entire life, hell in the history of mankind when you get to eat the cake, but until you get it, I'm just making you expect more and more and making it impossible to deliver.
There are a few suggestions that everyone is rallied behind, and we havent seen that change, theres tons of suggestions that are relatively easy to implement or change but hasnt been.

Many of the people complaining have been playing since the start of the alpha/beta. There was a lot of good feedback from almost a year ago now that TW has still not acted upon. Most of the future plans for MP currently seem unrelated to the issues stopping people from playing MP or are vague to the point that they could improve or worsen the game.

Believe it or not, allmost all of this time, they were taking care of bugs, crashes and things that prevent players from having a smooth game experience. If they hadn't taken that time, we wouldn't even be able to play this game properly in the first place. Have you seen the state in which the closed beta was at the beginning? TW is so slow, that they are still working mostly on such things. Every single thing in their plans has been suggested by players on this forum, what more do you want?

This is one of the largest problems right now, we have no idea what TW's vision is with MP. Ultimately, it's entirely their right to make the game as they see fit, but if no one plays it or it's quickly killed by a mod then all their hardwork would have been for nothing.

Based on everything they wrote (plans, blogs etc.) they know what we want and have similar interests, what makes you doubt that?

I follow more casual mount and blade communities(think Facebook groups) just so I can get the opinion of those who don’t sweat it out 24/7 in skirmish and duel. Most of them are also unhappy with the slow, seemingly aimless progress of early access, and its only been 3 months for them, the multiplayer communities been wrangling with it for a year now. In 9 months this should have some semblance of a completed game according to what they said at the early access release, I’m calling it now, it’s gonna be stuck in another limbo like it has been for the past 6 months since the perk update for multiplayer.

I say this because at this point it really doesn’t matter WHAT audience the game is made for, from my perspective, no one is going to be playing this in a few months. OP is a tad over dramatic but he isn’t wrong.

In any case, my 750 wins badge(which was a waste of time tbh) is sitting snugly in my profile and I have basically had 0 playtime since then, and any of it has been in TDM messing around with casual stuff. Makes no difference to me now if they fix the game to be fun or not, I’ll probably not really play anymore, kind of damaged the reputation of Taleworlds for me anyways.

Vast majority is single player. And 10-20k isn't empty

This whole chunk is nonsense for a few reasons.

Warband had the same 10-20k numbers 8 years after release and of that 4-5k was multiplayer.

Saying Bannerlord isn’t about multiplayer inside a post inside the multiplayer section of a forum that has been historically dominated by multiplayer which was created so that the multiplayer community can give the separate multiplayer dev team multiplayer feedback is pretty daft.
Thats like walking up to a first responder in a restaurant while he’s giving some old lady the hiemlich maneuver because she’s choking on a chicken bone or whatever and being like “Well actually Nurses are meant to be in a HOSPITAL doing SURGERY. Being a paramedic has never been about the HIEMLICH. The hiemlich isnt what you should focus on! Go do surgeries.”

????

I remember when people used to say "it's just a beta" now its "it's just early access"

Stop deflecting valid criticism behind "it's just early access" because the same was said during the beta, and look where we are now.

Believe it or not, allmost all of this time, they were taking care of bugs, crashes and things that prevent players from having a smooth game experience.
You can't forgive Taleworlds' lack of new content in favor of bug fixes while ignoring the fact that is was their own incompetence that made the game so buggy and crash-prone that they needed to spend the first 3-4 months of EA so far fixing it.

Every single thing in their plans has been suggested by players on this forum, what more do you want?
Taleworlds listening to 5/1000 suggestions is not impressive. Personally, I'm not going to congratulate them for potentially fixing server crashes that have been happening since the beta, that it's taken this long is already unacceptable but we can all move on from that if it's fixed now. I also don't think the player count is so low because of no report or clan system, even though those things are not unwanted. The combat and perk changes could improve the game, but TW has made several head scratching balance changes already so it could realistically go either way since we don't have any concrete details. Ultimately though, combat parameter changes and perk balancing is just polishing a turd that is rotten in it's core, and there's no signs that TW is going to fix that.

Based on everything they wrote (plans, blogs etc.) they know what we want and have similar interests, what makes you doubt that?
The past year of beta and EA where they didn't implement the vast majority of suggestions or listen to feedback, those threads that seem tone-deaf to what the community wants (hint: they made a vol. 2 because vol. 1 pissed people off). Even just looking at these forums it's clear the community is unhappy and don't believe TW are capable of fixing MP because TW has not given them any reason to think that. Many of the most vocal beta testers are gone, which isn't surprising considering how their detailed feedback was shunned by the developers. Virtually all my friends who played in the beta or bought the game at release have stopped playing and are now eagerly awaiting the release of modding tools because they think TW is a lost cause and that modders will do a better job creating the game they actually want to play.

Back
Top Bottom