I had a revelation.

Users who are viewing this thread

makmix

Regular
Had a revelation with the mod.  I don't know if it's just me imagining things or the mod actually randomizes a lot of stuff in the game...  Like non vanilla Kingdom and Lord relations holdings and what not.

:cool: Yes it does. In the new release expect the game to randomize even more stuff. From heroes, companions, ladies, bandit leaders, troop equipment, holding placement, economy, trade goods, tournaments, resources, invasions, factions, leaders, family, heraldry, etc. The list is getting quite extensive.

I want the player to be able to play this mod an infinite amount of times and never get bored. I am done with the generated hero system as of now, the eco overhaul is partially done and the government systems are just getting started.

Computica said:
I want the player to be able to play this mod an infinite amount of times and never get bored. I am done with the generated hero system as of now, the eco overhaul is partially done and the government systems are just getting started.

For testing purposes, it would be handy if a lot of the TweakMB adjustment options could be incorporated into the Camp menu. Most important as a tester in my experience was adjusting party size and morale functions so I could grind more quickly. Since you moved things about in ways that frustrated the mod-modder's tracking, it would be helpful to let the testers get greater control of their test games.

I'd love to be part of future testing, but time just isn't on my side anymore. The thought of trying track down the party size and morale code again just makes me tired, and I've got enough of that from chemo.

hey mr mcgee, good to see you around again!

Maybe this time around you can just play for fun and not worry about the hardcore testing, there is gonna be a whole bunch of fun stuff to experience, and general play experience feedback, and what people witness occuring is likely gonna be really helpful anyway.

Chances are we may integrate some 'fast start' options as well, I was playing some test code and I could choose to be a traveler, a lord or a king(with stats and troops to match), so I reckon something of these shortcuts will be thrown into the game for good measure!

Welcome Daedelus! It's good to see you around! Most of the TweakMB type stuff may be fixed but Like Lib said there are some world setup options that the player will set before the start of the game. Actually the way parties will be handled are going to be quiet different from before. It'll be hard to explain at this moment.

LibSpit said:
hey mr mcgee, good to see you around again!

Maybe this time around you can just play for fun and not worry about the hardcore testing, there is gonna be a whole bunch of fun stuff to experience, and general play experience feedback, and what people witness occuring is likely gonna be really helpful anyway.

Chances are we may integrate some 'fast start' options as well, I was playing some test code and I could choose to be a traveler, a lord or a king(with stats and troops to match), so I reckon something of these shortcuts will be thrown into the game for good measure!

Reminds me of the "quick battle" options you see in some games...or in this case "quick king".

Yes, in a way it is more or less like that. I've provided several ways for a player to role play the game, so it'll be there for people who just want to jump into the meat of the action.

Computica said:
Yes, in a way it is more or less like that. I've provided several ways for a player to role play the game, so it'll be there for people who just want to jump into the meat of the action.

At the risk of causing a distracting code split, you might port out the more containable feature sets as a sub-mod to keep interest in the whole mod up. SoD: RPG, SoD: Stategic, SoD: Diplomat, SoD: Conqueror, etc.  Something out the door with interesting bugs might be better for the market than something complete.

Your economy is people's interest.

The mod is setup as you say where our features are almost like sub-mods, but everything is just about chained together. I guess the glue between each feature is a feature within itself though only a few things work independently, a few being the Eco which works as a base/mount or library for everything else, the code work for the generative troop system which helps the running of the dynamic life simulation, and the new government system which depends on the map setup.

The only thing I'm willing to demo to people is the dynamic life stuff, but my module works more like a trinity of things. I'd rather have all 3 (Eco/gen/gov) working so people get a good idea of what I'm doing here. Even though they are fun in there individual parts they'd still be missing the rest.

For now I have some Eco stuff to polish code wise and the gov stuff is just getting started. Lib has tried the dynamic hero stuff but I don't think it kept his attention since it was largely native mb with just that feature and some new dialogs for the generated companions.

Back
Top Bottom