I gotta say it...

Users who are viewing this thread

If you have followed the development of Bannerlord, you would understand your mistake.

In 2016, they announced they wanted to give access to the players in some shape or form. Them delaying that was fine, but to be confident enough to announce that you believe the core mechanics were good enough in 2016 should mean that they were finished or in stable condition by then right?

Four years later and we are met with an enjoyable, but very very broken game. Yes they built their engine from the ground up, but something you need to realize is they built the engine with Bannerlord in mind. Many games, such as EA games falter from being forced to use Frosbite engine, which increases development time for those games.

The game has been in development for more than 3 years, please don't make false statements like that. We got b-roll clips of the game back in 2014, WITH the new engine. It's just the engine has been improving along with the development of Bannerlord, so please check your research as well.

I agree with everything else though.

Anthem as a good example, b-roll does not a game make.

Also, they weren't confident, they said as much on the steam page.

You are using semantics and arguing definitions. Yes they were working on development for 8 years, no ****. Using your analogy, somebody tried remodeling an old house, realized it was past repairs, demolished it, figured out the foundation and blueprints for the new house, built it so that by definition it could be called a house, but they still needed to get the electricity tested, plumbing working, insure the outside was weather proofed and insulated BUT had one room where they said if you're willing to deal with all the above you could move in while construction was still on going. You said sure, as a consumer, and now feel surprised?
It definitely sounds like you're excusing them taking 4 years to realize the **** engine wasn't gonna work, and now blaming people for tacking that on to their development time. It doesn't take most people 4 years to realize that their house is rotting to pieces and to just build it new but okay I guess TW is the exception.

Edit: Accidentally grabbed in another reply lol

Anthem as a good example, b-roll does not a game make.

Also, they weren't confident, they said as much on the steam page.
What? You literally said that the game has only been in development for ~3 years, I disprove your point with a fact and you dismiss it.
B-roll footage 2015 LITERAL GAMEPLAY!!
At the end, potential release date(obviously delayed)
I'm talking about back then they were. To announce that 4 years ago, but today to receive a broken totally fixable mess was the point.

I'm not bashing TW, I'm just disproving your spread of false information.

What? You literally said that the game has only been in development for ~3 years, I disprove your point with a fact and you dismiss it.
B-roll footage 2015 LITERAL GAMEPLAY!!
At the end, potential release date(obviously delayed)
I'm talking about back then they were. To announce that 4 years ago, but today to receive a broken totally fixable mess was the point.

I'm not bashing TW, I'm just disproving your spread of false information.
Yep you nailed it. I'm no wizard or anything, but definitely more than 3 years lmao

I agree with most of what you are saying also for the most part. I just don't agree that we should, as I said above, excuse them taking as long as it did to rebuild the engine and them blame people for taking that as the timeline of their project. But hey good points none the less!
The thing is we don't know exactly when the engine began development. It should never be used as an excuse, I agree! That being said, we must also respect the time and leadership relative to their company. It's small, and everything has to be run through one man for it to get into the game. That can cause stress and takes a paramount of time.

AFAIK it's only users using the engine as their defense, with TW just trying to make the game.

Kudos to OP for this thread.
I can't thank the dev team enough.

The way I see it, we paid for a Beta testing too: I feel like I'm exploring where the game's at. And to be honest, most things work quite well. Of course, it feels incomplete. They literally said they planned to keep it EA for 1 year, which means they know where they stand. Find a game that is 1 year before release and compare, just for fun... Not many will be as advanced as this one.

Anyway, I wish the game would be finished, as anyone else. But that's not how it is lol. So all my encouragements go to the Devs, which I know are doing more than their best to make another "Best Game of the Decade" haha.

And i just want to remind everyone that "Early Access" is not an excuse to have a game where one of it's integral parts is not working properly i.e.saving your game process that you invested dozens of hours in
Non-gamebreaking bugs and balance issues can be easily overlooked, but when such core concept as save seems to haven't even been tested prior to availability of the game is understandably frustrating to every player that purchased the game (which costed almost as an AAA title mind you)
It is, however, an excuse for a developer to fall behind when, naturally, criticism follows - "well we've warned you about that and you should've waited"
Yeah sure wait for Bannerlord some more when it's under your nose why don't you
Doesn't have to be a genius to know that EVERYONE would jump on it the moment it's available, EA or not
My point is that it's just hard for the players as well as developers but developers in this case have a shield in form of EA which many people still have no idea what is about and often misinterpret it to their own detriment

Listen everyone understands that this is an EA game however that being said there are still expectations that every gamer should have with the developers. There are several critical problems with this game that effect its playability. I appreciate the fact that TaleWorlds was able to release the game for us however fundamental things such as saving, preventing excessive crashes, implementation of better cosmetics, broken economy, etc. These are core aspects of the game that should have been ironed out in the eight years that this game was in development. I love TaleWorlds.. I really do but its ok to let them know negative parts of the game that we don't enjoy so that they can iron out issues and develop the game into something we really want.
Not only that, but in doing an EA release, they're indicating that they WANT our feedback. Which makes the white knighting issue all the worse because the people "defending" the game are actually going against the stated wishes of the devs by trying to block criticism the devs themselves say they need.

yep , bits broken - if they fix the save I'm happy with them fixing the rest over time.

The fact they have released it early to people given just how many people are locked down at home looking for things to do is laudable.

They really do need to fix the save gave issue as a priority.Continuity of your dude is important I think, even if the game isnt complete in the background, I'm sure it will be soon.

Bro, it took us literally 5 minutes to break the game's economy, building wood workshops. For some even less, they just crashed out.
How the **** do you expect me to give any credit to this ****. QA? Who needs that?
Let's test Multiplayer! And the multiplayer is working fine, it's super fun.
However, it's like they implemented Singleplayer 1 month ago.
Everyone's game went to **** in a few hours of playing...

I feel like that’s part of the issue. Why beta test the MP and leave out the SP which has waaaaaay more aspects to it than MP? Probably because as I said, we *kinda* are beta testing it rn :smile:

Bro, it took us literally 5 minutes to break the game's economy, building wood workshops. For some even less, they just crashed out.
How the **** do you expect me to give any credit to this ****. QA? Who needs that?
Let's test Multiplayer! And the multiplayer is working fine, it's super fun.
However, it's like they implemented Singleplayer 1 month ago.
Everyone's game went to **** in a few hours of playing...
I'm afraid that may have been exactly what happened. Everything about the singleplayer campaign feels like a rushed afterthought, much of it feels very poorly thought through and some of the English translations even have issues, not to mention the clear errors in the table values that make crossbows cost 22k denars.

I'm kinda feeling like the state of the singleplayer campaign looks like something cobbled together by a team of 3 working part time in their garage, not a small but well known developent studio with government backing.

I'm not sure devs realized just how many people actually care about the singleplayer features.

Not only that, but in doing an EA release, they're indicating that they WANT our feedback. Which makes the white knighting issue all the worse because the people "defending" the game are actually going against the stated wishes of the devs by trying to block criticism the devs themselves say they need.
very true! I think many people are disappointed because it isn't just minor bugs, gameplay scarcity, and optimization issues that are the problem, instead its core fundamental aspects of the game that are missing yet should be expected for an EA title. I could go on for a while about gameplay issues however the most noticeable and irritating for me was the fact that not only is the economy broken in game but the campaign as a whole is broken... quests rarely work, crashes frequently happen, snowballing occurs, low customization options, broken sieges, no heir system, leveling system is too difficult, corrupted save files, etc. It is understandable if some of these issues are present in an EA title however just to be able to name several gameplay mechanics that are all broken or completely missing from the game is very unfortunate. Don't get me wrong I love getting on a horse and slicing my way through enemies but to see some people are so blind to major problems in game is only hurting the community as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom