I factory reset my pc and game now lags

Users who are viewing this thread

Kolimen

Recruit
Hi guys. I have factory reset my computer and now mount and blade warband runs on 25-30 fps on any graphics settings. I have the fps limit set to 120 and nothing changed. I've also tried setting it to directx 7, or forced to run on nvidia graphics card instead of the integrated one. Before the factory reset the game had no issues and ran on 70 fps even during 150 men sieges. Is there a way to improve it, or am I just stuck on these lags ?

Sorry for posting this twice.

How do you mean reset your computer? Did you do a BIOS reset or what? First thing that comes to mind is that your are now running your PC graphics on an APU (integrated graphics) by default, and not your dedicated GPU.
That's one possibility, i don't know what you did to "reset" your computer.

I would suggest a clean install. Games configurations did not reset alongside the other settings most probably.
Clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. If any of the game files changed somehow they could possibly be preventing the game from launching. To do that:
Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content.
Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
  • My Documents > Mount&Blade Warband & Mount&Blade Warband Savegames folders.
  • If you have used Steam Workshop to install modifications, Steam > steamapps > workshop > content > 48700 folder.
  • If you have manually installed modifications, Modules folder inside game install directory.
  • AppData folder C:\Users\your-username\AppData\Roaming\Mount&Blade Warband
Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the AppData folder and its contents.
At this stage, everything related to the game on your computer is deleted. Now you can re-install the game and try launching the game again.

Back
Top Bottom