I ****ed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrisianDude

Archduke
:oops:

I was messing about a bit, and I wanted Harlaus (because of his banner) to rule the renamed Rhodoks, so I swapped his id (Kingdom_1_Lord, I think) with that of Graveth, trying to make graveth ruler of the Swadians for a change. However, that didn't have effect, so I swapped the names of the factions in the Factions.py thingy and now Renamed Harlaus is still lord over the Swadians, but a vassal of Renamed Graveth, while Renamed Graveth rules the Rhodok but he is a vassal of Renamed Graveth.  :lol:

Smart me also forgot to make a back-up to my factions.py, so I don't know how to undo it. Can anyone help?

well you could always just download the mod.sys again, and copy / paste those specific lines back in. Thats if you have done any changes to other parts of those files which you want to keep.

If you havent, then just simply paste over with the entire folder.

bit of advice:

Never close your .py files until you are absolutely certain you are satisfied with working changes you have, so this way you can just undo all the specific changes you have done.

That also helps to find any accidents you might have typed in which could cancel a compile, such as off letters, or commas, or brackets etc.

Awesome, thanks. :grin: I'll be more careful and make and keep more back-ups.

Is there any way to swap banners between lords, though? That was mostly what I was trying to achieve. :roll:

FrisianDude said:
Is there any way to swap banners between lords, though? That was mostly what I was trying to achieve. :roll:

well, lots of options...
1) edit banner_a.dds with an image editor and swap their banners
2) use BRFEdit to rename their banner mesh's
3) edit module_meshs.py and switch the mesh names for their banner
4) see if commands like "party_set_banner_icon" would help or edit where the banners are assigned in module_scripts.py
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,49473.msg1279620.html#msg1279620

Double post because I have another question.

Does anyone know how I can add these shields ingame?

I couldn't find them in the Item Editor.

Aha, thanks, I never would have tought of that.

Aw man, I did that, but I still don't know how to give them to troops. :lol:

What? Just go to module_troops, find the troop you want to give it to and type in the shield's ID name. (I think that the IDs for those are kite_shields g through k, so what you do is type "itm_kite_shield_g" or "itm_kite_shield_k".)

After looking over dindi's explanation again, I noticed I missed (else_try) somewhere, and now things did change in my faction list:

Anybody see what I did wrong? :oops:

Edit:

I ****ed up some more I tried to change Lady Brina's defense gear, but I ended up with no changes to Brina and replacements for all  the lords in the custom battles! (Lord Delinard in stead of Haringoth, Lord Knudarr in the siege assault : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom