I don't like friends or vassals. I like killing. Especially the Khuzaits.

Users who are viewing this thread

I've been playing a looooooong game where I don't kill anyone and release everyone after battle.
As I own more and more of the map and am loved more and moer by everyone...... I feel it's grossy inferior to just killing them outright and never having to see their dum faces again.
At this point, in this game I'm too invested in not killing them to start killing them now, but everyone really sucks and I'd like to.

I hate how no matter how high your relations, you still have to play the dum dialogue mini game to recruit them.
I have money and castles and they like me, that should be enough. Not only are vassals useless but even if you want them just for fun, they're annoying to get.

And the Khuzaits...... I LOVE the Khuziats...... and I hate them too! No matter how completely ****ing ****ed they are if I just back off of them a little they bounce right back and start taking people **** and become the second most powerful again. Vlandia doesn't bounce back like them. Vlandia starts strong and gets stronger but once you beat them down they stay down. Khuzaits are just begging for the axe. Showing up with hundreds of tribal warriors over and over. I wish I could actually stop their supply of horses and let them never have mounts again. I mean I CAN but it doesn't work because the AI cheats everything.

On the part with the Khuzait, I think they are the faction that drastically need their culture bonus nerfed removed to start out.
The other factor that plays highly in their favor as you say, you leave them for abit they bounce back to being 2nd power on the map "fast"--->
How the AI autocalculate the battles I think, is favoring mounted units "too much".

Ideally the rate at which you can recruit troops at villages/towns etc should be adjusted down.
Thus they wouldnt be so crazy fast in getting those hordes of t1-t2 troops.

Fight of 1k troops at Tylal to hold them of from takeing the city.
Next day another such army is there.
2 days later a new army mostly compossed of the round 1 lords and their peasents.

Overall my issue is that "Execution" is the best tool you have in the game to balance things out or make it easier for yourself.
So what if ppl hate you, at this point there isnt directly much negative about that vs not.

My guess is that alot of theese issues though will be improved upon vastly down the line.

If you want to stop bounce back you have to simulate what would happen when a major military defeat happens. First of some older nobles should be able to die in massive battles. This should be limited to major battles(1000+ men) and perhaps only the loosing side. Secondly the survivors might start blaming each other for the defeat especially if they're from different clans, leading an army to defeat needs to take away a lot of influence. In the longer term the winners should get a morale boost and the losers should be demoralised not just the armies that fought but all other armies. This should have the impact of the faction now playing more defensibly, though maybe partially ignoring some new conquests. Lastly the manpower pool needs to be more dynamic such that an people don't want to die in major battles but are more willing if their homeland is being invaded.

On the part with the Khuzait, I think they are the faction that drastically need their culture bonus nerfed removed to start out.
The other factor that plays highly in their favor as you say, you leave them for abit they bounce back to being 2nd power on the map "fast"--->
How the AI autocalculate the battles I think, is favoring mounted units "too much".

Ideally the rate at which you can recruit troops at villages/towns etc should be adjusted down.
Thus they wouldnt be so crazy fast in getting those hordes of t1-t2 troops.

Fight of 1k troops at Tylal to hold them of from takeing the city.
Next day another such army is there.
2 days later a new army mostly compossed of the round 1 lords and their peasents.

Overall my issue is that "Execution" is the best tool you have in the game to balance things out or make it easier for yourself.
So what if ppl hate you, at this point there isnt directly much negative about that vs not.

My guess is that alot of theese issues though will be improved upon vastly down the line.
I completely agree the whole respawning army is a huge issue, and I'd say it's my number one issue with the game. It's pretty obvious that the game is half done and needs a year or 2 to be finished I'll come back and play after the next big update until then there's not much to do besides killing looters.

I think the Tribal warrior should be changed to not be counted as mounted by the auto-calc, that would help. Turning off the 'promote without needing actual horses' just for Khuzait would be good too. Make them either buy actual horses or use their foot troops more. I really like the Khuziat heritage perk, but it may need to be altered or made player only.

I think the Tribal warrior should be changed to not be counted as mounted by the auto-calc, that would help. Turning off the 'promote without needing actual horses' just for Khuzait would be good too. Make them either buy actual horses or use their foot troops more. I really like the Khuziat heritage perk, but it may need to be altered or made player only.
I think it's too overpowered compared to other cultural perks. Sturgia, Battania cultural perks are just bad. The Empire perk has it's uses but it's too limited. The Aserai isn't bad if you want to focus on trading it's meh if you don't. I would say that only Vlandia perk comes anywhere near the level of Khuzait. I always feel like I'm gimping myself if I don't start as one of those 2 cultures.

I think it's too overpowered compared to other cultural perks. Sturgia, Battania cultural perks are just bad. The Empire perk has it's uses but it's too limited. The Aserai isn't bad if you want to focus on trading it's meh if you don't. I would say that only Vlandia perk comes anywhere near the level of Khuzait. I always feel like I'm gimping myself if I don't start as one of those 2 cultures.
Absolutely, I only play as a Khuzait. The difference is huge from the beginning to end of the game. You can always catch or avoid anyone.
IMO it would be good if the cultural bonuses where all really good, but only for the player! A nerfed version for factions would be okay and they could even buff some beyond what the player gets if it would help with balancing issues for the AI on AI. It's a big difference to me to between having the player choosing a playstyle or advantage and an entire faction having an advantage.

Absolutely, I only play as a Khuzait. The difference is huge from the beginning to end of the game. You can always catch or avoid anyone.
IMO it would be good if the cultural bonuses where all really good, but only for the player! A nerfed version for factions would be okay and they could even buff some beyond what the player gets if it would help with balancing issues for the AI on AI. It's a big difference to me to between having the player choosing a playstyle or advantage and an entire faction having an advantage.
Yeah I'm not sure why TW didn't try to balance the cultural traits better anyone whose played more than 10 minutes should be able to see what's good and what's trash.

As it is right now, there is no incentive for not killing lords. Also, the AI has not counter-play for you killing lords left and right. They should at least start killing your lords, or even be allowed to straight up execute the player if you have been killing their lords.

As it is right now, there is no incentive for not killing lords. Also, the AI has not counter-play for you killing lords left and right. They should at least start killing your lords, or even be allowed to straight up execute the player if you have been killing their lords.

In game-design terms, that seems like an excellent solution. Essentially the player has opted into "permadeath mode" by not respecting the ransoming system.

I made it about a year into the game doing the same as OP, then it was just Battania(me) and Khuzaits left. I sort of realized what the OP has said, Khuzaits form armies impossibly quickly and the only option was to just take lords from them so we could move. The game is much easier if you execute dudes.

The only issue I've run into is I can't keep track of who hates me any more, as I've executed a friend of pretty much everyone.

The Aserai isn't bad if you want to focus on trading it's meh if you don't.

It is pretty stupid; a profitable caravan in 1.4.1 will make up the difference in about 5-10 days of operation and they generally last (in my playthroughs) for about 120-150, even while being a vassal lord. The perk, at best, amounts to moderate boost in the early game when you're buying your first caravan. After that, you easily get enough cash (assuming you're not blowing it all, that is) to afford the cost of a caravan even without the perk.

Even if it gave your caravans a boost in speed/size, it wouldn't compare to the others. Hell, it wouldn't compare even if it made your caravans absolutely immortal.

edit: one thing that would make a caravan bonus worthwhile would be if you didn't need companions to lead your caravans as an Aserai character.

It is pretty stupid; a profitable caravan in 1.4.1 will make up the difference in about 5-10 days of operation and they generally last (in my playthroughs) for about 120-150, even while being a vassal lord. The perk, at best, amounts to moderate boost in the early game when you're buying your first caravan. After that, you easily get enough cash (assuming you're not blowing it all, that is) to afford the cost of a caravan even without the perk.

Even if it gave your caravans a boost in speed/size, it wouldn't compare to the others. Hell, it wouldn't compare even if it made your caravans absolutely immortal.

edit: one thing that would make a caravan bonus worthwhile would be if you didn't need companions to lead your caravans as an Aserai character.
As I said it's ok, not good not bad and can help a bit when playing a trade character. I would say instead give your caravans a speed bonus would be kind of nice.

. Turning off the 'promote without needing actual horses' just for Khuzait would be good too. Make them either buy actual horses or use their foot troops more.

I think they should turn off the promote without needing horses globally. Let lords buy horses if they want more than the high tier troops they can recruit or the small group they respawn with. If they need to tune up the horse production rate, then might as well do that now rather than waiting till later.

As for a non-beheading approach for stopping Khuzaits from bouncing back, raiding villages is important. In most games, I see the Khuzait native villages all with 1-2k hearths and massive militias and villager parties. If their villager parties get small enough, they will get aggro from steppe bandits and taking down their hearths below 500 does a lot of damage to the fief holder's economy. Plus it gets easier to repeatedly raid them once their militias cap out at about 50.

I think they should turn off the promote without needing horses globally. Let lords buy horses if they want more than the high tier troops they can recruit or the small group they respawn with. If they need to tune up the horse production rate, then might as well do that now rather than waiting till later.
I agree I would like to see this in the future, but I understand ATM they felt AI needed cheats to function. However clearly the Khuziat function a little to well with re-spawns and such. I have not had any trouble with Vlandia after giving them a spanking and taking some towns from them. Khuzait just go take someone els's town and get just as big again!

Back
Top Bottom