I don't care if Bannerlord is ****

Users who are viewing this thread

I will pre order it anyways.

I bought Mount & Blade back in 2006. Haven't stopped played since because of all the free mods.

Bought all the expansions and the base game twice for myself, several for my friends.

I will buy Bannerlord, pre order it even if it turns out to be a terrible awfully boring game. I have a debt to settle and 50 bucks will do just fine.

64399204.jpg

You're willing to blind-buy a bad game just because the previous game had free mods? None of that money is going to go to the modders, you know. If ypu like an individual mod, donate to the modders or help them out or whatever, but don't reward a bad company by buying a bad game.

Not saying that bannerlord is necessarily destined to be bad or that taleworlds is a bad company, I just think this is a really odd mentality.

jacobhinds said:
64399204.jpg

You're willing to blind-buy a bad game just because the previous game had free mods? None of that money is going to go to the modders, you know. If ypu like an individual mod, donate to the modders or help them out or whatever, but don't reward a bad company by buying a bad game.

Not saying that bannerlord is necessarily destined to be bad or that taleworlds is a bad company, I just think this is a really odd mentality.

You've got an excellent point. Then again, I've donated where it was due to my favorite mod creators but ultimately, it all happened because some random guy decided to create the foundation that made them possible in the first place.

I bought Mount&Blade back in 2006 four couple peanuts when it was beta. After 10 years of enjoying this game, the multiplayer and the mods... yeah, Bannerlord guy deserves my money.

I may be crazy but I truly believe (almost stubbornly know as if its a fact) that they won't f*ck it up. That there is just no way in hell they will.

The main reasons is that this game has been in development for half a decade, that they aren't releasing a bunch of BS videos showing actors play the game (like we see at E3 for AAA titles *cough* Ubisoft *cough*). Also the fact that they've improved so many aspects of the game, at least from what they've said and showed .

The two really big things though is that they aren't hyping it up and staying humble and simply because they made Warband which I enjoyed very much, despite it being a graphically unpleasing, lacking in story and not being intuitive.

So in conclusion, I guess I'm really saying three things; I'm a fanboy, I have placed a lot faith in Taleworlds, and if I enjoyed Warband then I don't see how I wouldn't enjoy Bannerlord.

Are there people that're actually worried? Bannerlord and all of it's new features look fantastic. The presentations I've seen are what just got me back into playing Warband for the first time in years.

RhaenysTargaryen said:
Are there people that're actually worried? Bannerlord and all of it's new features look fantastic. The presentations I've seen are what just got me back into playing Warband for the first time in years.

That's another thing I forgot to mention, which is I don't see why people are worried.

Hi guys I am new on the forum. I am wondering if there is a Bannerlord forum or forum thread, cos I can't find it. :oops:

Hristov said:
Hi guys I am new on the forum. I am wondering if there is a Bannerlord forum or forum thread, cos I can't find it. :oops:
There are several.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,249537.0.html

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,253.0.html

With the success of mount & blade, I can't see how they can mess bannerlord up. They've improved the animations and graphics engine, they're adding loads of new features, some inspired by community mods. I can't see what they could fek up so badly. I feel like bannerlord will still feel like the mount & blade we all know and love, but much more immersive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ORDER SUMMARY
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Order Number: ST3960041
Order Date: 6/19/2005
Order Method: Web Store

I bought Mount & Blade in 2005, back when it was in beta. I bought Warband when it came out. I will buy Bannerlord when it comes out. It is not even a question.

I honestly think Bannerlord is going to be awesome, watching these new videos that are up and it's very exciting.
It just has more depth to the single player campaign, and I can't wait to see what multiplayer will be like  :mrgreen:

I just wish we could buy it right now. Or... that we could donate now and get a free copy of the game when it was released :p

Or... Maybe we could play the buggy version? I'm alright with that; will volunteer for free testing :grin:

Sorry for the bump but this is relevant I think...
After 4 years, 1000 play hours, I can, wholeheartedly say that Bannerlord is the one and only EA game I have not regretted buying.
Thanks TW.

I have been saying it for years but honestly. If they just dedicated a team to Esports smoothing out mechanic's and online interactive play. This could be the next biggest game in the world. Generating ungodly profits is just a by product of online multiplay. AKA better updated constant evolving game we love.

I have been saying it for years but honestly. If they just dedicated a team to Esports smoothing out mechanic's and online interactive play. This could be the next biggest game in the world. Generating ungodly profits is just a by product of online multiplay. AKA better updated constant evolving game we love.

I don't think a Mount & Blade style game has the potential to become an e-sports giant. Real life combat is just not as exciting as e-sports which are hectic and filled with action. It's possible I might be proven wrong once the game's complete version releases (although I'm inclined to think I won't), but if a game flows well in an esport setting and has a big playerbase, those things usually form naturally.

Back
Top Bottom