Need More Info I can't turn my infantry into cavalry even if i have horse how do i solve this

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

PoyrazGk

Recruit
Summary:
How to Reproduce:
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

But which unit you'd like to upgrade, not all units can be turned into cavalry.

Also, has this unit enough XP to be promoted?

Btw. I see you did not fill the ticket template at all...

But which unit you'd like to upgrade, not all units can be turned into cavalry.

Also, has this unit enough XP to be promoted?

Btw. I see you did not fill the ticket template at all...
the unit im trying to promote is vlandian infantry there are 46 of them in my army but 23 or 24 of them has enough xp to promote also i have all kinds of horses but i cant promote them

Hmm, indeed, Vlandian Infantry shall be upgradeable into Light Cavalry
So when you are trying to promote them, the Swordsman is possible, but Cavalry is on the grey background?What kinds of horses do you have? Any screenshots of mounts in your inventory AND the unit itself, when you are trying to upgrade it?

Hey, can you please share your save file with us so we can further inspect the issue? To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

the unit im trying to promote is vlandian infantry there are 46 of them in my army but 23 or 24 of them has enough xp to promote also i have all kinds of horses but i cant promote them
Careful for the horses to be Mounts and not Pack animals.
Saddle and Sumpter horses may look like rideable mounts but they're not for battle.
They're pack animals,meaning they increase your inventort capacity.

For other people who may get there with this issue, you need to have exact type of a mount, you can check this in encyclopedia on troop page by hovering over horse icon. e.g. for Imperial Vigla Recruit you need to have Midlands Palfrey

obraz-2023-06-16-233713063.png

Last edited:
T
For other people who may get there with this issue, you need to have exact type of a mount, you can check this in encyclopedia on troop page by hovering over horse icon. e.g. for Imperial Vigla Recruit you need to have Midlands Palfrey

obraz-2023-06-16-233713063.png
That's false.

T

That's false.
Maybe you can use other mounts, I didn't checked all troops and mounts which are available in the game. I know not all mounts are working tho so checking enclopedia is the easies workaround for this for me. It will be good if you can provide any information about horse which isn't mentioned in encyclopedia for troop and you can still use it for upgrade. Then it will be easier to find a bug.

Anything that is the type 'mount' can be used to upgrade infantry units to mounts. Anything that has the type 'War Mount' can be used to upgrade horse units to a higher level. This is assuming it is a type that can be upgraded to cavalry and assuming it has enough experience. Even camels can be used in this regard to upgrade non-camel units, although I'm not sure the reverse is true.

Anything that is the type 'mount' can be used to upgrade infantry units to mounts. Anything that has the type 'War Mount' can be used to upgrade horse units to a higher level. This is assuming it is a type that can be upgraded to cavalry and assuming it has enough experience. Even camels can be used in this regard to upgrade non-camel units, although I'm not sure the reverse is true.
You can upgrade Ghilam troops using War Horses and not Camels,don't worry"

Maybe you can use other mounts, I didn't checked all troops and mounts which are available in the game. I know not all mounts are working tho so checking enclopedia is the easies workaround for this for me. It will be good if you can provide any information about horse which isn't mentioned in encyclopedia for troop and you can still use it for upgrade. Then it will be easier to find a bug.
You can use any mount(mount and war horse) to upgrade any troop that requires it.
Before the release of the game in beta builds,troops could still use be upgraded with any horse,but they would spawn with whatever horse they upgrades to,and even get lame horses should you have used them.
An Imperial Cataphract could spawn mounted on Aserai(Now known as Darshi) horses and even on the lame variant.

I should actually clarify. When I said anything that "Anything that is the type 'mount' can be used to upgrade infantry units to mounts" I should have said 'Anything that is the "Mount Type: Mount"' can be used to upgrade infantry units to mounts. The 'Type: Mount' at the top of the description pretty much means nothing. The "Mount Type: Mount" at the bottom of the description is what designates it as something used to upgrade troops.

I should actually clarify. When I said anything that "Anything that is the type 'mount' can be used to upgrade infantry units to mounts" I should have said 'Anything that is the "Mount Type: Mount"' can be used to upgrade infantry units to mounts. The 'Type: Mount' at the top of the description pretty much means nothing. The "Mount Type: Mount" at the bottom of the description is what designates it as something used to upgrade troops.
Ok now it's clear, I was probably checking Saddle Horse and it didn't worked but now I see it's a horse with atrribute "Used for carrying goods" and it doesn't have this Mount Type description, I'm attaching screenshots for other people with mounts which can and cannot be used for upgrade to see the difference. Also I spotted rn for some reason Requires: property has a bigger font on mounts which don't have any value here.

Back
Top Bottom