Resolved I can't start the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.3.244014
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
I bought the game after release and spent 70 hours in it. After some time I stopped playing it, waiting for new content. During this time I uninstalled it. Now after installing the game does not start. After pressing play in the launcher nothing happens. I've waited for hours after start, but still nothing happens, even when the game is running in the task manager. I tried to reinstall the game but nothing changes.

Can you try these workarounds?
Making sure that your OS, GPU drivers and Bannerlord are up to date.
  • More information about how to update your Windows OS can be found here.
  • If you are a Windows 7 user please make sure that you have installed the Platform Update for Windows 7.
  • Please make sure that your game is up-to-date. You can follow the latest patch version in here. Steam will automatically download the latest version. If you are not in the latest version you can force the update by prioritizing Bannerlord updates on Steam and restarting your Steam clients.
  • Please make sure that your GPU drivers are up to date. NVIDIA - AMD - Intel
Installing Missing Necessary Dependencies
These dependencies are installed through Steam with the first time installation. But we have seen reports confirm that there are some players that these dependencies were missing even though they launch the game from Steam.To installing missing necessary dependencies try downloading and running the following executables:
How to Verify Game Files through Steam
If you are experiencing problems with the game, there is a possibility that some of the game files might be missing or corrupted. Verifying game files through Steam can help you fix most of these issues. If you see broken textures or visual glitches verifying files should be the first action to fix it.You can do it by:
  • From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
  • Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button.
  • Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
If your game is still crashing after these steps, you can try deleting the folders below:
  • Mount and Blade II Bannerlord folder located in the Documents folder (C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord)
  • Mount and Blade II Bannerlord folder located in ProgramData folder. (C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord) Please note that, you'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.
Please back up these folders before deleting. The game will create these files again when launching again. If your problem still occurs at this stage we suggest doing a clean install.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom