I can't recruit vassals.

Users who are viewing this thread

19Molnija85

Regular
Hello,

first sorry for my poor English. I have my own kingdom, but i dont have vassals. Every vassal say to my "I am happy with my current liege!". My charm is 154, my clan tier is 5 (renown 2500), i have one town "Tyal" and two castles "Urikskala Castle", "Dinar Castle", Influence is 2388, my treits is Generosity 1, Honor 1 and Mercy 1. I am in 588 days in game.

I have relationship with Godun +100, godun is clan tier 4 (Godun have 1 fief - castle), wealth his clan is poor, his doughter Svana is my wife...

Every lords says...I am happy with my current liege!

I have installed 1.7.0, but this "problem" is also in 1.6.5

Has anything changed in the game concept? Any ideas?

Thank you

Poddicus, if you mean "Create new party" so it is very expensive, Nozhon party cost 2 500 denars/day...my daily income is 2 000 denars/day. I went bankrupt this way in a while :sad: I'd rather get foreign vassals ... like I've done before.

"I am happy with my current liege!".
They respond as this if you don't have enough money to try convincing them. You apparently need more funds in the bank. Fiefless clans demand few hunderd thousands, while clans having fiefs already may ask for millions, especially if you're also in peace with them.

Uff i have 325 000 denars, I can't imagine making millions for to one vassal. In addition, there is only one single clan in the whole game that has no fief ... after 588 days...

As suggested, talk to one of your companions and promote him being a noble. They form their own clan as a part of your kingdom.

Hello,

first sorry for my poor English. I have my own kingdom, but i dont have vassals. Every vassal say to my "I am happy with my current liege!". My charm is 154, my clan tier is 5 (renown 2500), i have one town "Tyal" and two castles "Urikskala Castle", "Dinar Castle", Influence is 2388, my treits is Generosity 1, Honor 1 and Mercy 1. I am in 588 days in game.

I have relationship with Godun +100, godun is clan tier 4 (Godun have 1 fief - castle), wealth his clan is poor, his doughter Svana is my wife...

Every lords says...I am happy with my current liege!

I have installed 1.7.0, but this "problem" is also in 1.6.5

Has anything changed in the game concept? Any ideas?

Thank you
it means you dont have enough money to even start the charm checks

Ouuu nice, thank you guys...
they will get decent equipment when you promote them, however their skills arent upgraded so I like to try and get some a few skills early on like steward, tactics and medicine. Sounds like your far along in your game so something to think about for future games

Can I make a new clan with my brother or sister or any other relative as head? Of does this only work with wanderer companions?

Can these newly minted lords get married? Will they do it on their own, or can I help them?

If they can get married, what happens when a new female clan leader marries. Does her husband join her new clan?

Is the new clan automatically part of my kingdom or do I still have to recruit them?

Can I make a new clan with my brother or sister or any other relative as head? Of does this only work with wanderer companions?

Can these newly minted lords get married? Will they do it on their own, or can I help them?

If they can get married, what happens when a new female clan leader marries. Does her husband join her new clan?

Is the new clan automatically part of my kingdom or do I still have to recruit them?
--only with companions
--new clans will get married and have kids
--if a clan leader is female, they male will join their clan
--the clan is part of your kingdom

They (Clans)consider several things in order of importance:

1: Their own fiefs and finances, no fief = easy to get, less money they have, the easier too. Clans with a fief are very expensive (like 1m-2m probably 5m+ now) sometimes and only bring thier fief if you're at war with thier faction

2: Power situation of their faction versus yours. When their faction is ****'d and you're is okay, they are easier to get. The power is the field parties + garrisons (not militia), the more fiefs and clans (parties) your faction has the more attractive you are!

3: Their relation to thier ruler and thier relation to you. If they like their king they are hard (expensive) to get and more likely to flip flop back to that faction later, but if they don't like them but have a good relation to you, they are easier and will stay.

When a lord flat out refuses you it means the hypothetical amount of money they would want to turn is just too great compared to what you posses, the devs did this so you don't waste your time on the persuasion dialogue only to not be able to get them anyways.

SO go after those poor home less clans (make some too by taking thier fiefs!) , defeat them and release after battle for +relations, hire some merc clans and you'll be getting vassals in not time (maybe...)! The more you have the easier it is to get more because you power goes up! (However having to many, like 20+ may prevent you from getting more, not sure)

Just to be clear, you cannot compensate for them having a fief or you faction being much weaker then theirs's just by having high relations. A lot of people assume so, but it isn't so. It will help for sure but they need to be poor, scared and preferably mad at king too!

Further more some changes to the importance of thier relation to ruler may have been added at some point, I feel it might matter more then in older versions.

Also, I feel that having more clans in your faction may prevent (or lower) lords from wanting to join you and prompt the "I'm happy with my liege". To me it seemed once I had a good amount of clans (like 20) other clans would never want to join even if all favorable condition were met

Also related, the ability to make new clans from wanderers is very powerful and would I suggest that after passing loyalty/security policies, you use all your influence to make clans for the rest of the game whenever possible.

Is it charm/charm perks? Is it your relation with that noble? Is it your traits?
afaik charm skill and traits effect the dialogue % chances, but not the condition of if the Clan will give you the dialogue to recruit them. It could be hard for me to know for certain though, but in a game where I had 200+ charm when I made a kingdom it didn't seems any more likely for them do give me the dialogue (then in games without charm) and I still had them all start refusing when I had about 20 clans. The charm did make the actual dialogue easier though.

How can i train skill on my companions...(steward, tactic, medicine, leadership)?
For steward you can have them be the quarter master of your party, for the others they will need to lead a party, it will be a slow steady process, keeping them with you in army and thus making them fight constantly can help though. However I wouldn't bother going out of my way to for the purpose of making new clans with them, even the worst ones are fine, they spawn 2 extra members with high skills and all in all just getting as many parties in your faction is all you need. Just more parties running amok is enough, eventually they start to make big armies and do a lot of work! Jusy make as many as you can.

The male joins their clan, so if you make female wanderers into clan leaders it has an advantage of also taking away men from other factions, taking powerful party leaders and giving them to you! Of course their male side members also marry and will take ladies in too!

Back
Top Bottom