I can't do it. Combat is too wierd

Users who are viewing this thread

I was playing Mount and Blade in 2005
You didn't bother attempting to refute any of my other points, and I'd ask you if you played MP seriously before Bannerlord. And the way you described your first two weeks, it sure sounds like you were new with MP at the start of Bannerlord. I'm not trying to flaunt any elitism, I'm trying to say that the veterans who are extremely disappointed are very, very intimate with the combat system in M&B and how it works with real people, we who have spent years on this and know what we're talking about, it's an entirely different animal than dealing with poor quality bots, which I'm sure if you've been playing a lot of Bannerlord MP, you are already aware of.

For me combat system is kind of good and enjoyable. I Dont know why so much people complaining on forum, may be they just don't get used to new mechanics. In warband for my opinion mechanics was awful when you need to use left swing over and over and kicks did not work at all it was kind of who would faster and be able to do two left swing in a row
Kicks are far more effective if you can land them in Warband. Are you talking about spamming at the end there? Because with a shred of skill spamming is not a viable way of triumphing at combat. Or are you just talking about the fast-paced nature of the combat? Because that's the whole appeal of it.

Regardless, I think the people who are confused about the negative opinions, are not entirely aware of the block and attack delay. It's very, very subtle, and even I didn't notice it at first, but once you realize it's there, it becomes extremely obvious and ridiculously annoying. Just playing Warband back to back with Bannerlord makes it egregiously obvious.

You didn't bother attempting to refute any of my other points, and I'd ask you if you played MP seriously before Bannerlord. And the way you described your first two weeks, it sure sounds like you were new with MP at the start of Bannerlord. I'm not trying to flaunt any elitism, I'm trying to say that the veterans who are extremely disappointed are very, very intimate with the combat system in M&B and how it works with real people, we who have spent years on this and know what we're talking about, it's an entirely different animal than dealing with poor quality bots, which I'm sure if you've been playing a lot of Bannerlord MP, you are already aware of.

Kicks are far more effective if you can land them in Warband. Are you talking about spamming at the end there? Because with a shred of skill spamming is not a viable way of triumphing at combat. Or are you just talking about the fast-paced nature of the combat? Because that's the whole appeal of it.

Regardless, I think the people who are confused about the negative opinions, are not entirely aware of the block and attack delay. It's very, very subtle, and even I didn't notice it at first, but once you realize it's there, it becomes extremely obvious and ridiculously annoying. Just playing Warband back to back with Bannerlord makes it egregiously obvious.
The kicks are actually OP the community was definitely wrong about that one. Rn they are an offensive tool

Did they change that, or was there a way of using them just not discovered? I uninstalled the game a month ago.
DM a Polish team played against gibby and his friends team. The Poles could actually use the kicks as an offensive tool it was insane! They where running forward and kicking people backpedaling

Some crap I heard about kicking hands, sounds like abuse anyway. I don't think it was an intended mechanic. I haven't had any real experience trying to get those kicks working as I've been solely ignoring infantry each and every time I played the game. (last time back in May 11th)

To kick a backpeddler you need to max your character's height. This gives your legs the reach, I think it's this aspect of kicking the devs had not accounted for.

To do the slash combo, hold an attack before you kick. The kick needs to connect to a target to accelerate your attack. The timing is extraordinarily similar to the timing for combo swings, so I'm suspecting this may be an intended design feature unless dev's have clearly stated otherwise.

Taller characters do have disadvantages, being a bigger target for one. But also weapons like Jareed's become less effective, as the up attack doesn't start at the opponents chin level as it would with a very short character. This leads to alot of bumps and misses but also missing out on pierce damage's extra headshot damage, which is the real crux to the Jareed's melee dominance.

To kick a backpeddler you need to max your character's height. This gives your legs the reach, I think it's this aspect of kicking the devs had not accounted for.

To do the slash combo, hold an attack before you kick. The kick needs to connect to a target to accelerate your attack. The timing is extraordinarily similar to the timing for combo swings, so I'm suspecting this may be an intended design feature unless dev's have clearly stated otherwise.

Taller characters do have disadvantages, being a bigger target for one. But also weapons like Jareed's become less effective, as the up attack doesn't start at the opponents chin level as it would with a very short character. This leads to alot of bumps and misses but also missing out on pierce damage's extra headshot damage, which is the real crux to the Jareed's melee dominance.
I used to play as the shortest height and I could kick back pedallers. Also you dont always need to hold the attack if you have a fast weapon like vlandian mace or most swords

I used to play as the shortest height and I could kick back pedallers. Also you dont always need to hold the attack if you have a fast weapon like vlandian mace or most swords

Granted you can still kick back peddlers if you are a short character. Though I'd imagine a short sword voulgier whose back peddling would prove difficult to kick with a short character using a slower, heavier class. The high movement speed can generally outpace the speed of a short kick but it's not impossible to land, just less consistent.

I did not know you could tap the attack and still get the accelerated hit, I had struggled to consistently reproduce this myself, perhaps due to the weapon speed of what I was using.

Granted you can still kick back peddlers if you are a short character. Though I'd imagine a short sword voulgier whose back peddling would prove difficult to kick with a short character using a slower, heavier class. The high movement speed can generally outpace the speed of a short kick but it's not impossible to land, just less consistent.

I did not know you could tap the attack and still get the accelerated hit, I had struggled to consistently reproduce this myself, perhaps due to the weapon speed of what I was using.
I only do it in 2vs1 situations where me hitting my kick is enough because my buddy can hit the dude, because holding and kicking is more consistent

Back
Top Bottom