I can't Couch Lance

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HybridSoldier

Sergeant
Hi i'm newbie here so I need you help. I can't Couch Lance with my hero. Some people says my hero will lower the Lance automatically, but I tried it in dessert with my Courser and without use any armor A.K.A totally naked, but nothing's happen, he not lower his lance. Some people says press X, I tried it but nothing happen too. Some people says you need to set it, but I don't know where to set it. I see nothing about lance in option. I just set auto block and auto attack. Please help me guys, and last thing in control it say Sheat weapon when you press / button, but I tried and nothing happen. Please help me.

Make sure you go at full speed on a flat place, in hill the horse is too slow to trigger the couch lance thingy. Also make sure you have a lance and not a spear or awlpike or anything like that.
Though I think the problem is probably that you didnt check thoroughly the options.

There is an option called "Lance Control" or something like that. Anyway, the choices are Automatic, Manual (Easy), and Manual (Hard). If it's set to automatic, your lance should lower when you get to a certain speed on your horse. If it's set to either of the Manuals, you will have to get to a certain speed on your horse then press 'X' to lower your lance and 'X' to raise it if you decide not to joust someone.

Also, are you sure you are using a polearm that can couch? If you equip it while on your horse, you should see a gray circle next to the weapon icon. This gray circle represents that the lance is ready to couch, and after you couch lance someone or a horse, the circle will become red, indicating that your couched lance is "cooling down."

I found this out the hard way too, whatever weapon you are charging with has to have "lance" in the weapon name or it won't couch.  I've always wished you could couch the awlpike but you can't.  However, when your proficiency in polearms gets up there you can time your thrusts while charging so you get almost as much damage as couched.

Main Menu --> Options. :grin: :grin:

219wf9z.jpg

Praefectus said:
Main Menu --> Options. :grin: :grin:

219wf9z.jpg

Wow! that's a nice one!
How about this?

Hobout.jpg
I'm not liar right? There's no "Lance option"

But you won't believe this

Look.jpg
It work! I hit X while riding and there's a Spongebob too! I'm a great artist

Maybe your Warband version is too old, so it doesn't have "Lance Control" option? But I don't know... I have no idea why you don't have the option. :sad:

HybridSoldier said:
What do you mean? At least I manage to Couch Lance, look at my spoiler above.

The latest Warband version is  1.143. What version are you using? You can see your version in the screen where your can choose your module. :smile:

are you sure its warband and not mount & blade original?

as in some of your other posts you said you only got it a couple of days ago so you there for would have the latest version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom