I came back after 3 months.... What happened

Users who are viewing this thread

I think your jumping to conclusions a little. There is a system in place for crush through with a heavy blunt weapon. Archery is different, but if you give it a little more time you will be shooting bullseyes again in no time.
I appreciate the encouragement, but like I said... Archery is just the tip of the iceberg for me.

Does it really matter? My argument still stands regardless of when it was added and added back in. They attempted to balance the game around block / swing delay and messed everything up in the process.
Your argument still stands if it's literally not present in the game anymore? What kind of logic is that? I give up at this point and can only hope no TW dev takes your feedback seriously.

It's why no one is left in multiplayer.
The reason for that has absolutely nothing to do with the combat mechanics. Stability and key features such as custom servers are a lot more important for building and keeping a playerbase in a M&B game than any of this nonsense. Not even talking about how your complaints are misinformed or blatantly wrong.

Your argument still stands if it's literally not present in the game anymore? What kind of logic is that? I give up at this point and can only hope no TW dev takes your feedback seriously.

The reason for that has absolutely nothing to do with the combat mechanics. Stability and key features such as custom servers are a lot more important for building and keeping a playerbase in a M&B game than any of this nonsense. Not even talking about how your complaints are misinformed or blatantly wrong.
My argument is that the fact that it was in the game at all caused a huge mess with the combat mechanics as a whole. It doesn't feel good. Warband came out almost 11 years ago and to this day has more responsive combat. To this day, Bannerlord has not recovered from its delayed movement / delayed responsiveness because of the implementation of block delay.

We can just agree that multiplayer sucks though and be on our way. The class system (literally no one I know likes this to this day), lack of dedicated servers, and essentially no effort from the developers to update that section of the game killed it. I don't think it'll ever recover. Was released way too soon. And all of these changes that they're making are not helping one bit. Should've just kept it simple.

You're more than welcome to tell all of my buddies that left this game for the reasons I've listed that they're wrong as well, but it doesn't change that they're not coming back.

Last edited:
just give us 1.5.5 without the crushthrough and with better melee hitboxes so weapons don't hit you through your shield and fix hilt spam. There all better. I honestly hate going heavy infantry now which is what I used to main in. It feels clunky, slow and like a archery or couching target for the other classes. Atleast give heavy infantry like 1 throwable so we can hope to the Gods of Soon that we can do 30 damage to a 3 armor archer

Your main argument is that the game got worse in the last 3 months.
You name block delay and crushtrough as reasons.
Block delay was removed more than three months ago, crushtrough was removed within the last three months.
You are a clown.

just give us 1.5.5 without the crushthrough and with better melee hitboxes so weapons don't hit you through your shield and fix hilt spam. There all better. I honestly hate going heavy infantry now which is what I used to main in. It feels clunky, slow and like a archery or couching target for the other classes. Atleast give heavy infantry like 1 throwable so we can hope to the Gods of Soon that we can do 30 damage to a 3 armor archer
Hilt spam is not nearly as bad as in Warband, just kick them.
Crush through is a non issue now.
Nothing really changed for heavy inf, so maybe your Christmas weight is holding you back. The throwing got removed which improved stuff imo as it is less of a ranged fest now.

People actually couch again as it is finally viable.

There isn't 1 part in your comment that is actually good feedback.

The arguments you make in your post are invalid and are considered as nonsense by the majority here. I believe it is time to review your own opinion on the matter.

I wouldn't take his criticism seriously and I hope noone will.
I have played every single instance of Mount & Blade, including most of the larger mods, except that Carribean one?

I think it's very fair to "go away" from warband. The game worked, because it was pretty simple, but I really don't like the mini-tornado melee multiplayer fights.
It's very hard to do melee in a good way, but Kylbee's comments are honestly just from someone being butthurt and contra productive.
I'm very sure I wouldn't like a game to his point of view.

I already like Bannerlord's Multiplayer, but yea, it can use work. I feel like it's going pretty well. Enjoying the 60 vs 60 sieges and hope it'll make it to the old 100 vs 100.
It took a while getting used to archery and everything, but it's pretty doable. Singleplayer I got no issues, I'm just too casual for competitive online play (and I refuse to be a mini polearm tornado myself)
I rocked arse in Napoleonic Wars, but that one was relatively simple to Warband itself.

I wouldn't take his criticism seriously and I hope noone will.
I have played every single instance of Mount & Blade, including most of the larger mods, except that Carribean one?

I think it's very fair to "go away" from warband. The game worked, because it was pretty simple, but I really don't like the mini-tornado melee multiplayer fights.
It's very hard to do melee in a good way, but Kylbee's comments are honestly just from someone being butthurt and contra productive.
I'm very sure I wouldn't like a game to his point of view.

I already like Bannerlord's Multiplayer, but yea, it can use work. I feel like it's going pretty well. Enjoying the 60 vs 60 sieges and hope it'll make it to the old 100 vs 100.
It took a while getting used to archery and everything, but it's pretty doable. Singleplayer I got no issues, I'm just too casual for competitive online play (and I refuse to be a mini polearm tornado myself)
I rocked arse in Napoleonic Wars, but that one was relatively simple to Warband itself.
Ft7 Saturday 3pm Est on BBG_PublicDuels

Only now I had the chance to play the new version and there are a few things i didn't like about some unit changes but the thing that annoyed me the most was the unit formation commands... why change it!!! it was good!!!

Hold fire on F4.. simple and easy... now i have to F3+F2.. if i press my units to square formation they just start walking same with shields... i didn't like the formation changes :xf-eek:

Hilt spam is not nearly as bad as in Warband, just kick them.
Crush through is a non issue now.
Nothing really changed for heavy inf, so maybe your Christmas weight is holding you back. The throwing got removed which improved stuff imo as it is less of a ranged fest now.

People actually couch again as it is finally viable.

There isn't 1 part in your comment that is actually good feedback.
When you get back to the computer from injecting extra downsyndrome into your blood stream I hope you can reread my post clearly this time. What I was trying to say is that this patch has made melee feel clunky, especially with heavy infantry, now that may be because of my recent jump to 100+ ping on NA even though im an American #switchtochicagoservers, but I digress.

Spears are more or less useless from what ive noticed in the last couple of days. Part of this is because the cavalry shield hitboxes are ****ed rn so even if you hit the horse in the head with a spear or arrow or whatever the ****, there is still a good chance it will hit the shield instead of the mass of organic tissue infront of it. Also when you actually manage to hit the horse with the spear most of the time it doesn't rear, most of the time the spear just glances, which really ****s you when your trying to stop a head on couch.

Archery is a ****show and feels completely unnatural. Idk if you have ever shot a ****ing bow but there isn't a 3 second window when even at full draw the arrow will go anywhere, no it goes where the **** you point not 90 in each cardinal direction.

Also heavy infantry is still slow, sure its heavy infantry, but while in the past we had the ability and flexibility to cover our advance with projectile fire, we no longer have that option. I'm sorry to the archer mains and noobs that a couple of us got good at using a feature of the game but isn't that the point of putting a feature in the god damn game?

As for hitboxes I have plenty of footage I've recorded for youtube videos with bs hits through shields and around shields in pretty retarded angles. Hitboxes need polishing, especially when you hold a shield right infront of the enemy and they do a side attack while standing infront of you and without pivoting their stance somehow hit around the ****ing shield.

I think ive done enough typing, anymore and it might fry your dumbass brain

When you get back to the computer from injecting extra downsyndrome into your blood stream I hope you can reread my post clearly this time. What I was trying to say is that this patch has made melee feel clunky, especially with heavy infantry, now that may be because of my recent jump to 100+ ping on NA even though im an American #switchtochicagoservers, but I digress.

Spears are more or less useless from what ive noticed in the last couple of days. Part of this is because the cavalry shield hitboxes are ****ed rn so even if you hit the horse in the head with a spear or arrow or whatever the ****, there is still a good chance it will hit the shield instead of the mass of organic tissue infront of it. Also when you actually manage to hit the horse with the spear most of the time it doesn't rear, most of the time the spear just glances, which really ****s you when your trying to stop a head on couch.

Archery is a ****show and feels completely unnatural. Idk if you have ever shot a ****ing bow but there isn't a 3 second window when even at full draw the arrow will go anywhere, no it goes where the **** you point not 90 in each cardinal direction.

Also heavy infantry is still slow, sure its heavy infantry, but while in the past we had the ability and flexibility to cover our advance with projectile fire, we no longer have that option. I'm sorry to the archer mains and noobs that a couple of us got good at using a feature of the game but isn't that the point of putting a feature in the god damn game?

As for hitboxes I have plenty of footage I've recorded for youtube videos with bs hits through shields and around shields in pretty retarded angles. Hitboxes need polishing, especially when you hold a shield right infront of the enemy and they do a side attack while standing infront of you and without pivoting their stance somehow hit around the ****ing shield.

I think ive done enough typing, anymore and it might fry your dumbass brain
lol, 100+ ping and blaming the game for anything related to melee, you are a funny lad :smile:

lol, 100+ ping and blaming the game for anything related to melee, you are a funny lad :smile:
Yes I have I ping, but I've always had high ping, granted in Warband it was 70. But I have been in the competitive community for years and have learned to deal with it. Trust me I mute or cut out most of my rages from my videos though I might make a Bannerlord Rage Compilation. Alot of BS happens with high ping, but I have still been able to clutch **** when I had to. Hilt spam is still an issue, no matter ping, hitboxes in general is also pretty ****, though I have more of an issue than most obviously

As I said, melee wasn't at all or barely changed this patch. A few speed adjustments but that is it iirc.

Spears have become more useful but there still has to be some tweaking done yes, they are more useful than they were before.
Please make bugreports with this evidence, shield hitboxes were improved last patch after people reported it and the developer explained thoroughly what changed. Crying on the forums "i HAvE eViDeNce" and then continuing to not make a bug report nor post the evidence is just mental.
Go Forum Warrior! Go!

I don't think you have read people's opinion on archery. It feels really ****ty at the start and weird but it grows on you and actually requires some more skill now.
I for example am an archer main, was annoyed at the start but it is better now than it was before but could use some tweaks. I highly doubt you have more archery experience than me.

Get a damn spear or use teamwork. With proper spear use cav has a problem getting close and your archers and cav can deal with the rest of "your advance". Spears need to get a buff against cav and cav maybe a nerf but don't really see a problem with heavy inf. Has gotten much better IMHO with the new patch, its way less of close combat ranged fest scared of a pila in your face.

Make damn bug reports and stop whining.

New patch is amazing I think the only issues are mega nurf to throwable’s, Xbow op, bad cav bump consistency and Sever stability everything else is a lot of love (btw crushed through is still a thing on sp)

I've been away for 6 months; and block delay is gone, Crush Through is gone except on certain weapons (like warband), archery feels weighty and has a skill to it now.

Honestly... I am very impressed with the MP scene mechanically right now; I think it's going in the right direction. Still not got most of the game modes, maps or any real movement on the class system... but to be fair custom servers and mods fix that. As long as TW get the core mechanics right; the community can do the rest. If need be.

P.S. I used to support the new class system a lot; and right now I'm a little annoyed as in 6 months I was hoping for a 3rd perk slot... or hell even just the perks that are in the game to be finished.

I've been away for 6 months; and block delay is gone, Crush Through is gone except on certain weapons (like warband), archery feels weighty and has a skill to it now.

Honestly... I am very impressed with the MP scene mechanically right now; I think it's going in the right direction. Still not got most of the game modes, maps or any real movement on the class system... but to be fair custom servers and mods fix that. As long as TW get the core mechanics right; the community can do the rest. If need be.

P.S. I used to support the new class system a lot; and right now I'm a little annoyed as in 6 months I was hoping for a 3rd perk slot... or hell even just the perks that are in the game to be finished.
TW has been doing some steady progress on the mechanic side of things. But i hope this is something they will consistently keep doing even if the MP grows. Because the notable example of crush through took MONTHS to get removed despite a majority of the community saying they didn't want crush on all 2 handers.

In all: TW keep going but don't get confident when people start playing MP again, especially on decisions that you clearly not know better.

Back
Top Bottom