I came back after 3 months.... What happened

Users who are viewing this thread

What the HELL kind of **** is this? Which specific manager directed some poor soul to make archery feel like I'm a 5 year old toddler trying to pull back a compound hunting bow? You REALLY play tested this and thought, "Wow, this feels great! I have no idea where my arrow is going to go! Our playerbase will love this!" (It's particularly bad in single player)

I am so concerned over this logic. That's all I have to say. I have no idea what direction this game is going anymore. Constantly 1 steps forward 2 steps back.

I'm scared to even test out any of the other mechanics. Truly. I can't wait until mod support/dedicated servers come out so that the playerbase can revert everything you guys are doing wrong. My god.

Last edited:
Overall the changes to archery have made the game experience better for most players, though it can feel a bit awkward. The problem was that they were way too powerful before hand, and arguably still are one of the strongest classes.

I guess they will keep on tweaking until they find a system that is fun for both archers and the rest of the players, though it seems to be turning out to be quite difficult. I still think changes to projectile speed or arrow drop would have been the most natural changes but the developers seem to work in mysterious ways :razz:

Archery feels improved in this patch, it feels good and more natural. In terms of accuracy, nothing actually changed since the last patch (on the fast bows it actually got higher from what I can tell). I enjoy maining archer now more than ever before. I honestly fail to understand what your problem is.

@Kylbee

e1a325047b148c9441be2b14c42dc196.jpg

I wouldn't jump to judge it on initial impressions, there were a ton of WTH moments with 1.5.5 in captain mode, but now after playing it for a week or so I absolutely love the changes, there is always more than just one reason for a change, not always apparent immediately, but I'm happy with the direction!

We're all different tho and looking for different things, its hard to please everyone, give it a bit more time, it will grow on you

Recruit stole the Clan Warrior's throwing spear
Sturgia went from being the second worst faction to the absolute worst
Throwing weapons that aren't a throwing spear have been nerfed significantly, and non-javelin infantry that had access to Javelins now have a weaker Light Javelin
Patch notes claim to give the Khuzait Spear Infantry a pike but i don't see it.
Archer spam. 'Nuff said

I wouldn't jump to judge it on initial impressions, there were a ton of WTH moments with 1.5.5 in captain mode, but now after playing it for a week or so I absolutely love the changes, there is always more than just one reason for a change, not always apparent immediately, but I'm happy with the direction!

We're all different tho and looking for different things, its hard to please everyone, give it a bit more time, it will grow on you
As long as crush through is pretty much a 50/50 chance with every 2h / polearm.. I won't be playing the game. It won't grow on me. I don't play games that base my victories off of chance.

Basically you have to be good at archery now, it's funny how many people suddenly can't shoot you as good as they used to. I'm a very ordinary archer player but I'm still hitting just as well as before.

As long as crush through is pretty much a 50/50 chance with every 2h / polearm.. I won't be playing the game. It won't grow on me. I don't play games that base my victories off of chance.

Crush through has been removed, only the hammers on Sturgia and Battania have them and even those are slow as anything now.

Archery feels improved in this patch, it feels good and more natural. In terms of accuracy, nothing actually changed since the last patch (on the fast bows it actually got higher from what I can tell). I enjoy maining archer now more than ever before. I honestly fail to understand what your problem is.
My problem doesn't end at archery. Crush through weapons, block delay still existing, movement in general feeling extremely slidey, glances happening when they shouldn't... I could go on and on. The game got bent over and destroyed after beta.

Basically you have to be good at archery now, it's funny how many people suddenly can't shoot you as good as they used to. I'm a very ordinary archer player but I'm still hitting just as well as before.

Crush through has been removed, only the hammers on Sturgia and Battania have them and even those are slow as anything now.
Is that included in singleplayer? Because I just got crush through'd with a polearm twice after I lost my shield in a huge battle.

In my opinion, the archery is just repulsive. Could I get good at it? Sure.

I was really annoyed about the change in archery too at first, but honestly, I quickly got used to it and now it feels pretty natural. I even seem to more often hit my targets in mp skirmish mode than before, so it might really not be that bad as it first seems..

First of all, it was never based on chance. You could counteract the speedbonus as much as possible to avoid crushthrough in most situations, which most good players knew to do. Secondly, it was addressed in literally this patch. I haven't seen a crushthrough since the newest patch went live. Were you ever playing this game to begin with?

Archery before was repulsive, any idiot could pick the bow up and shoot as good as someone who put 200 hours into the game. A little time spent with the new bows will quickly see you pick up where you left off anyways. I'm not sure if crush through was removed in singleplayer but my god if you are struggling in singleplayer then what hope do you have for multiplayer.

Block delay doesn't exist, at least not to the extent some people seem to think it is, movement is still being tweaked every patch, as are the glances. I would like you to go on and on because as far as I can see the devs are looking at the threads and taking the feedback in, it's just slow and takes a while.

Okay, was thinking of editing my posts, but this travesty needs a seperate response.
My problem doesn't end at archery. Crush through weapons, block delay still existing, movement in general feeling extremely slidey,
Where is the block delay? Delay from ping maybe, but at this point, they have reduced the delay even to the point that it occurs before visuals are synched up with it. There is going to be a whole lot of human error that you need to work on before you have the right to complain about supposed "block delay".

glances happening when they shouldn't...
I'm assuming you are talking about soft spots. They are very much predictable if you actually know how they work. If you have a short sword and you're getting facehugged by a heavy infantry, do you just assume that you're going to deal full damage with a swing? Learn to use distance and study the mechanics instead of begging that everything gets simplified to the point that you don't need to use your head anymore.

The game got bent over and destroyed after beta.
No it didn't. I was one of the retards trying to play this game competitively in the Beta. We still have a long way to go, but the Beta was a horrible time I never want to go back to. Trying to claim that anything was better back then are fighting words, and I don't think you can back them up with actual arguments.

Okay, was thinking of editing my posts, but this travesty needs a seperate response.

Where is the block delay? Delay from ping maybe, but at this point, they have reduced the delay even to the point that it occurs before visuals are synched up with it. There is going to be a whole lot of human error that you need to work on before you have the right to complain about supposed "block delay".

I'm assuming you are talking about soft spots. They are very much predictable if you actually know how they work. If you have a short sword and you're getting facehugged by a heavy infantry, do you just assume that you're going to deal full damage with a swing? Learn to use distance and study the mechanics instead of begging that everything gets simplified to the point that you don't need to use your head anymore.

No it didn't. I was one of the retards trying to play this game competitively in the Beta. We still have a long way to go, but the Beta was a horrible time I never want to go back to. Trying to claim that anything was better back then are fighting words, and I don't think you can back them up with actual arguments.
Just gonna be honest with ya, I don't feel like arguing with well thought out posts to someone who is just going to White Knight the game. The lack of community speaks for itself. Just because you are most likely crushing it in duel tournies because you're using inverse controls, doesn't mean the game is good for everyone else.

The only thing I feel like correcting you on is the argument about block delay. They didn't have it in Warband. Shouldn't be in this game.

Funny you telling me I'm whiteknighting the game when I was literally one of the people crying all the time about block delay in the Beta (when it actually existed), making threads and begging TaleWorlds to remove it. You saying factually wrong and misinformed things has nothing to do with me blindly loving and accepting everything TW is doing.

Funny you telling me I'm whiteknighting the game when I was literally one of the people crying all the time about block delay in the Beta (when it actually existed), making threads and begging TaleWorlds to remove it. You saying factually wrong and misinformed things has nothing to do with me blindly loving and accepting everything TW is doing.
They added block delay in 2 weeks before the game launched after 8 months of beta, and it still hasn't recovered from it. Combat was headed in the right direction all up until those last 2 weeks. As far as balance with other classes? No, they were not balanced. But melee was feeling great.

In an effort for them to "tweak" a bunch of bs in an attempt to make block delay work for 2-3 months, they messed everything else up in the process.

They added block delay in 2 weeks before the game launched after 8 months of beta, and it still hasn't recovered from it. Combat was headed in the right direction all up until those last 2 weeks. As far as balance with other classes? No, they were not balanced. But melee was feeling great.

In an effort for them to "tweak" a bunch of bs in an attempt to make block delay work for 2-3 months, they messed everything else up in the process.
Wrong. It was added after the release of EA, and it has since been removed again. It was the experimental blocking system by Armagan.

Here is my relevant whine thread about it: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/remove-the-block-delay-youve-added-back.419440/

Wrong. It was added after the release of EA, and it has since been removed again. It was the experimental blocking system by Armagan.

Here is my relevant whine thread about it: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/remove-the-block-delay-youve-added-back.419440/
Does it really matter? My argument still stands regardless of when it was added and added back in. They attempted to balance the game around block / swing delay and messed everything up in the process.

You just can't argue it. It's why no one is left in multiplayer. There is no other reason than the game just sucks man. Don't even get me started about the class system either.

I think your jumping to conclusions a little. There is a system in place for crush through with a heavy blunt weapon. Archery is different, but if you give it a little more time you will be shooting bullseyes again in no time.

Back
Top Bottom