I am repulsively disappointed in MP, Taleworlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

This non-sense discussion is pointless, one clearly has an opinion way far from most of the community who just want wanna help try communicate with TW to balance the game in it's core regarding combat, mechanics and basic balance.

Stop spamming the thread and perhaps they will not forget to answer this time.

if the baseline is crap, that means that the core experience that new players get is crap, and we all want it to be better.

And there we go back to the starting argument: I think new players like it :smile:

And please stop with this weird language "crap" and "broken". How it is now is played by many and they seem to like it. It's in itself a very good system with excellent ideas.

And there we go back to the starting argument: I think new players like it :smile:
Great, noted. I think the rest of us here have seen otherwise from new players. We want multiplayer to be better so that we don't just see at most 5% of the playerbase in multiplayer, which is already the case now in Bannerlord.

But why are you so opposed to even think that it could still be better? Do you really think that the current state is the best the game could ever be?

Because I think you just want it back to how you personally know it, not taking into account the considerations TW has to make. And yes, by and large I think it's very well done.

Because I think you just want it back to how you personally know it, not taking into account the considerations TW has to make. And yes, by and large I think it's very well done.
We, or at least I, have said multiple times that I want Mount&Blade 2, not Warband 2. I want mechanics to work reliably and an at least somewhat balanced relation of the three main classes. That is all.

Metafa it's pretty obvious you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to modding warband. It was an annoying system to use, definitely, but the lack of low level programming features is not what limits mods. I've seen fully controllable plane combat implemented into MP warband, and the modding system doesn't even use any variable type except for integers and strings.

Metafa it's pretty obvious you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to modding warband. It was an annoying system to use, definitely, but the lack of low level programming features is not what limits mods. I've seen fully controllable plane combat implemented into MP warband, and the modding system doesn't even use any variable type except for integers and strings.

No, I have not modded Warband, never claimed so, I just know programming in general is **** and uncomfortable and difficult maintenable without modern tools. Doesn't mean you can't do sh*t. Just means with the same amount of effort with the proper tools you could do more and better.

No, they wanna earn money. And as said CS brought multitudes of players to buy half-life for years, and only after the popularity spiraled completely out of control (CS:GO the latest installment still by far the most played game on to steam to date) it became it's own game and own franchise.
What you have is called survivorship bias. There are probably thousands of other games that tried going this way, but you don't talk or hear about them, because they all failed. Besides that, it's not the late 90s anymore, the industry and its audience has changed tremendously. If you are willing to put Bannerlord on the line, a mediaval swordfighting game, and hope that because of a modification it will appeal to the masses, you have lost the plot.

And this is why I'm convinced he's just a troll at this point.

A troll. What a paid one? And who's paying? Can I get paid for saying the things I say? Cool. Callum?

Maybe I just don't answer when I've written whole paragraphs of more or less deep analysis and repeated myself on them and then someone says "But Warband was cooler, dude. More choice." or something equally in-depth.

Because annoyed and confused people are easy to bait into arguments that go nowhere. I'm the prime target for this kind of person. You won't get any reasonable response or concession from him, he'll ignore everything you say and run you around in circles until the brain rot sets in and you can't respond anymore, or he finds someone else to bait into pages long arguments.

Back
Top Bottom