I am repulsively disappointed in MP, Taleworlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

No, you hope so. That's different.
No it's a fact. Many players from the warband comp scene are playing SP if they play because Multiplayer is no fun.
I don't know about NW but I highly doubt it died since there's not gonna be any modding tools on bannerlord for a while.
PK was dead before bannerlord. Now EU has a server again that reaches 100+ players everyday. Mercs mod is still being played.

The qeue times for skirmish get longer now.
Apparently they're working on a single life mode which is cool but if it doesn't have a mmr system or is put into the server list we'll end up with the same problems that we have right now.
Veterans will mostly play against newer players and stomp them. No fun for veterans, no fun for the new people.

Noone is expecting them to abandon SP and only care about MP. But a somewhat working matchmaking should be doable in a week after release (if unlike the entire beta playerbase TW wasn't aware that this will happen).

No it's a fact. Many players from the warband comp scene are playing SP if they play because Multiplayer is no fun.
I don't know about NW but I highly doubt it died since there's not gonna be any modding tools on bannerlord for a while.
PK was dead before bannerlord. Now EU has a server again that reaches 100+ players everyday. Mercs mod is still being played.

The qeue times for skirmish get longer now.
Apparently they're working on a single life mode which is cool but if it doesn't have a mmr system or is put into the server list we'll end up with the same problems that we have right now.
Veterans will mostly play against newer players and stomp them. No fun for veterans, no fun for the new people.

Noone is expecting them to abandon SP and only care about MP. But a somewhat working matchmaking should be doable in a week after release (if unlike the entire beta playerbase TW wasn't aware that this will happen).

Excuse my inexcusable and eternal amateurism but what are single life mode and an mmr system? Insta-gib and ranked matchmaking? Or what?

You're talking like Warband was full of elite nerds playing multiplayer, yet you seem to forget that there was also a big casual community which stayed for years in order to play sieges, TDM, DM,... like on ZHG, 22nd_siege, Mount and Siege, TG Arena, Wolfpack_TDM,...

The sweaty nerds were always a minority. Your arguments are irrelevant. Warband was never hostile towards newcomers, it never was, and they were having fun too.

You obviously have some kind of an inferiority complex or something.

You're talking like Warband was full of elite nerds playing multiplayer, yet you seem to forget that there was also a big casual community which stayed for years in order to play sieges, TDM, DM,... like on ZHG, 22nd_siege, Mount and Siege, TG Arena, Wolfpack_TDM,...

The sweaty nerds were always a minority. Your arguments are irrelevant. Warband was never hostile towards newcomers, it never was, and they were having fun too.

Not in my experience.

And these "loud minorities" should really be made to shut up. You're drowning out the other legitimate debates.
Who's being unreasonable?
You can express your own opinion, but saying that all this effort (put by people who likely understand the game and its mechanics way more than you do)should be made shut up shows your true nature and ignorance. People are free to express their own opinions as you are.
I quite enjoy playing the multiplayer with friends, yet i would never say it is fine the way it is;
It is obvious that the mp's combat and system are broken in multiple ways, how can you say it's ok the way it is?
I put my trust in the developers' hands to communicate more in the future with this part of the community and to turn this into a very epic game.
So you admit you need to go down to personal levels to win an argument?

Last edited by a moderator:
Chill dude, "iT Is aN EarlY AcCes", it justifies crappy gameplay, did you expect TW to really polish the game during past years of delaying release or half a year of beta?
Could expect them to fix most of the most basic issues any of the years prior to this year. Did they even let the campaign run on a bunch of developers computers for a day prior to releasing? If they would've done that they'd likely discovered the faction steamrolling other factions-bug.
Chill dude, "iT Is aN EarlY AcCes", it justifies crappy gameplay, did you expect TW to really polish the game during past years of delaying release or half a year of beta?
Early Access doesn't justify crappy gameplay or a lack of basic features today. Look at DayZ that remained in EA for ten years, you'd protect their immunity to critique until they consider themselves gold? Honestly, a lot of people here needs to stop cucking themselves in order to protect TW at all costs.

Could expect them to fix most of the most basic issues any of the years prior to this year. Did they even let the campaign run on a bunch of developers computers for a day prior to releasing? If they would've done that they'd likely discovered the faction steamrolling other factions-bug.

In my game started in 1.01 or 1.02 between day 400-500 there is no steamrolling. It's pretty evenly distributed between all factions with Sturgia having a slight edge. Just saying.

Singleplayer. 100k % that was not in MP.
Actually there was several regimental events yesterday along with an increased native MP population.
The peak was 1.5k concurrent players. Please, look up facts before writing stuff. There's no fight between SP or MP users.
We're all a part of the same community, but if you aren't here to protect players interest, but the interest of the corporate, then remain silent.
Players when asked stated they wanted a more cooperative area, larger maps, leader-roles, no classes, dedicated server files.

The peak was 1.5k concurrent players.

So around the same as BL. People who don't own the game yet or like feint spamming and surely also those who like specializing their equipment more. And that's ok, I never said they should switch off WB servers. I hope they don't and they won't. I on the other hand uninstalled it though.

Last edited:
You keep coming with utter nonsense, keep calling out people for assumptions but you are the one who is assuming the most.

I don't think my opinion is utter nonsense. I think people playing Warband because they don't have the budget yet to buy Bannerlord is a fair assessment of the situation 1 week after release.

Mount and Siege, a casual warband siege server had 2112 players yesterday in total. You can check this on their website if you want.

Oh you mean because there are no siege servers yet in EU and US? Yea... possible. I saw siege as a playmode on BL, didn't try it because for some reason only an Oceania server ran it.

Also pretty weird claiming that a higher number of players in a game that is 10 years old and costs only a fraction of the sequel one week after release has more players is the irrefutable evidence that *everyone* just likes every aspect of it better. Please..

Last edited:
Oh you mean because there are no siege servers yet in EU and US? Yea... possible. I saw siege as a playmode on BL, didn't try it because for some reason only an Oceania server ran it.
? there's siege servers for every region but SA.
Right now there're roughly 200 people playing Warband native multiplayer all major gamemodes (1PM EU time). You're wrong.

Back
Top Bottom