I am repulsively disappointed in MP, Taleworlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Not being able to pick and mix weaponry and armor for your own style of combat is -1,500 fun points.
It's the ****in point of stabby smashy implements n stuff!
I remember years back weapon customization being touted by TW, maybe that was just for SP.
Now you can't even choose em.
I end up throwing weapons away and scavenging the enemy constantly.
This set up will get old very fast.
Hope this changes with mods and players servers at least.

Bad news, I read callum’s reply to an negative steam review that basically says the current combat system fits their vision and they probably won’t change it. I think we need a warband mp revival because I’m definitely not going to play bannerlord mp if the combat stays this way. I feel like the combat......didn’t even change throughout the entire 8 months of beta? Lol

OMG stop crying already the new class system is meant for new players to get in the game and competitive matchmaking.
With class system in ranked matches no one can gain a huge advantage by winning rounds unlike in warband.
Also its not that big of a deal there will be probably a mod for equipment based MP and you can use that for clan wars etc.
New class system is more fun for casual playing.
Overall yes equipment based MP in warband was better and fun but new class system aint that bad so please stop whining already.

"new class system is more fun"
"equipment based MP in warband was better and fun"
choose one?

there were a ton of ways to improve the system Warband had, just take a look at this thread - https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...tem-with-something-thats-actually-fun.396723/

they could have achieved the goal of making it easier to understand and easier for new players, as well as balancing it better than the current class system has, whilst keeping the freedom of the Warband system. that system should have been enhanced, not discarded.

Bad news, I read callum’s reply to an negative steam review that basically says the current combat system fits their vision and they probably won’t change it. I think we need a warband mp revival because I’m definitely not going to play bannerlord mp if the combat stays this way. I feel like the combat......didn’t even change throughout the entire 8 months of beta? Lol
2020-04-03-10h56-56.jpg
Taleworlds, do you really think the newcomers won't think the combat is trash as well? Get real. We've been telling you this for months. Fresh sets of eyes won't save you.

Last edited:
2020-04-03-10h56-56.jpg
Taleworlds, do you really think the newcomers won't think the combat is trash as well? Get real. We've been telling you this for months. Fresh sets of eyes won't save your you.

There must be a really strange atmosphere inhouse at TW.
They've settled on a bunch of odd design choices. Rather than acknowledging the flaws, they're basically just holding out, looking for people that may like it, refusing to accept that there's good logic behind the criticism.

There must be a really strange atmosphere inhouse at TW.
They've settled on a bunch of odd design choices. Rather than acknowledging the flaws, they're basically just holding out, looking for people that may like it, refusing to accept that there's good logic behind the criticism.
Strange atmosphere? Holding out for people that like it? You're talking like the game has done awfully, with 220,000 concurrent players daily, most watchers on twitch on launch, top seller globally on steam, very positive reviews on steam, millions of copies sold according to some sites.

Sadly they'll be looking at this and thinking their design choices were right, if you believe they're troubled by this launch you're massively mistaken.

This is great news for Taleworlds, not so much for those of us who want radical or medium amounts of changes to the combat and multiplayer.

Strange atmosphere? Holding out for people that like it? You're talking like the game has done awfully, with 220,000 concurrent players daily, most watchers on twitch on launch, top seller globally on steam, very positive reviews on steam, millions of copies sold according to some sites.

Sadly they'll be looking at this and thinking their design choices were right, if you believe they're troubled by this launch you're massively mistaken.

This is great news for Taleworlds, not so much for those of us who want radical or medium amounts of changes to the combat and multiplayer.
Give it a few weeks. It's a high-profile game that became massively memed due to how much it's been delayed.
Note also that 99% of all this hype has been SP, and the longer people play their campaigns the more they notice that it too has some pretty big issues, such as (hilariously enough) snowballing.

Give it a few weeks. It's a high-profile game that became massively memed due to how much it's been delayed.
Note also that 99% of all this hype has been SP, and the longer people play their campaigns the more they notice that it too has some pretty big issues, such as (hilariously enough) snowballing.
This could happen, all depends on how fast they patch the game really.

Because that's how realism and skill works. That's how you get good at MP, by learning not to kill your teammates as an archer, not to couch your teammate as cav, not to horse bump your teammates as cav, not to swing violently in melee and mess up your teammates. Learning discipline as a fighter is vital if you want to be good, and lack of team damage makes it feel super arcade-y.
You talk about realism, yet your okay with naked men using two handers swinging like ballerinas?

Last edited:

He is right, most people are just ignoring these issues because of the hype, even us, we were ignoring a lot of problems during the very first hours of gameplay because of the excitement of the release but the more we play the more we realize that it's just incredibly frustrating right now, early access or not.

You talk about realism, yet your okay with naked men using two handersswinging like ballerinas?

Here we go again... :facepalm:

Warband has a 98% recent review score, and 97% total review score on steam. It's one of the highest rated games on the platform. Bannerlord has an 82% review score, and most of the positive reviews are people posting memes like "ITS ALMOST HARVESTING SEASON". The review score on Bannerlord is ~15% lower, and the driving force behind a massive percentage of the reviews is hype and nostalgia. Not to mention most of the people playing are people playing Singleplayer (of the hundreds of thousands of concurrent players, only a couple of thousand at most are playing Multiplayer at any given time. That's roughly ~1-2%).

If TaleWorlds looks at a considerably lower review score from a game with 3-4x as long development time, with most reviews coming from singleplayer, and at ALL think that things are good; they've completely lost their minds.

He is right, most people are just ignoring these issues because of the hype, even us, we were ignoring a lot of problems during the very first hours of gameplay because of the excitement of the release but the more we play the more we realize that it's just incredibly frustrating right now, early access or not.

Even my initial 20 hours of singleplayer were largely positive, and I almost gave the game a positive review (with me obviously prefacing that the positive reivew is based on Singleplayer). But as time wears on, I'm seeing more and more problems with Singleplayer as well, and my disposition is souring. I predict that the review score will tank over the next couple of months when the hype goggles begin slipping.

Yes a lot of people bought the game because of the hype, but wait and see how many people will keep playing after one month if no changes are made. I'm sure they will get annoyed and frustrated very fast because of the current state of the game.

Looks like I'm wasting my time since June and specially recently with remote hopes of changes. Maybe they'll come to their senses when they see people playing 'competitively' unable to fight on melee, going 4 cav 2 archers or max 1 infantry because other classes lack shield in certain factions.

Really hope that I'm wrong and that I can bring at least some last feedback input regarding damage inconsistencies, but currently 4-5 days after Early Access, that review is the only response we've got so far regarding combat & balance changes, and it's not looking good. Some final communication answering developers' intentions would be appreciated, many players like me have no interest in playing the game on a serious or 'play to win' enviroment any longer if changes are confirmed to not happen.

Warband has a 98% recent review score, and 97% total review score on steam. It's one of the highest rated games on the platform. Bannerlord has an 82% review score, and most of the positive reviews are people posting memes like "ITS ALMOST HARVESTING SEASON". The review score on Bannerlord is ~15% lower, and the driving force behind a massive percentage of the reviews is hype and nostalgia. Not to mention most of the people playing are people playing Singleplayer (of the hundreds of thousands of concurrent players, only a couple of thousand at most are playing Multiplayer at any given time. That's roughly ~1-2%).

If TaleWorlds looks at a considerably lower review score from a game with 3-4x as long development time, with most reviews coming from singleplayer, and at ALL think that things are good; they've completely lost their minds.

On the other hand, a lot of the negative reviews are due to crashes and bugs, there's proof of that as on release BL had around 89% positive reviews and dropped to 82% after a couple of days, now after quick crash and bug fixes, the reviews have stabilised at around 83%. Having 83% for an EA game in 2020 is almost unheard of - it's a big achievement to say the least and as the game develops, it'll probably only get higher.

My issue is, I've given it a positive review based on the entirety of EA, this includes singleplayer - multiplayer has many flaws like the combat, skirmish mode, lack of custom servers and many bugs, I dislike MP just as the next, but does it warrant a negative review? It's hard to say, if I was solely basing my review off MP, I'd for sure give a negative review, but the fact is, it's also based on SP and MP does have siege, which is a really fun gamemode. The SP is fantastic and that alone doesn't warrant a negative review since SP in my opinion the main attraction for Bannerlord. If a person who enjoys the SP aspect of Warband came up to me and asked if it's Good? I'll say yes, if a person who enjoys the multiplayer aspect of Warband came up to me, I'd say no. Overall though, there's more positives about the game (if you include SP) than negatives.

What appeals to me is the MP and I'm disappointed with the lack of communication and changes made, it's very displeasing to say the least - but reviews are global and just because MP is bad, doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad game. I've got thousands of hours in Warband MP and participated in many large tournaments, I'm trying to be realistic with my review instead of being blinded by the one section I love the most (multiplayer).

Back
Top Bottom