i am looking for a coder ( code writer )

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff2146

Recruit
my name is jeff2146 and recently i have started work at my own mod but i got stuck as soon as i had to use the module system
now i am looking for someone who can help mee write the code i need
i have already added the new units and banner whit Morghs M&B WB-WFAS Editor
if onyone is interested in helping me you can contact mee on [email protected]

thanks jeff2146

Would be helpful if you explained what you needed help with and what your project is in more detail.  Putting a bit of effort into your post wont kill you.

Anyways, people generally don't just put in their time to make assets or stuff for a random mod that will most likely die.  You're better off going to The Forge and learning how to do stuff yourself there.

Mod ideas

name
not jet diseased ( will be here if I find help °

features

- Uniform army already implemented
- Knighthood orders ( like in prophecy of pendor )
- The ability to build farms and castles ( like in nova eatas )
- New quest lines inspired by banner lord history ( swadia and rodhoks being one kingdom )
- Adding people to the first floor of the taverns
- Unique spawn ( sea raider army )
- Unique spawn ( amazon army )
- New type of bandit ( cheese worshippers )
- New companions( Michael ,raife ,leen ,timotius )
- New faction( ghost division )
o     Roman inspired faction
o     New troop tree for this faction
o     New settlements
o     New and unique armour
o     Unique banner
o     Unique lords

Map

The map will be mostly as in vanilla

I hope this is enough information most of the mod will be inspired by other mods

jeff2146 said:
I hope this is enough information most of the mod will be copied and paste from other mods

I think this is a really good idea! Perhaps you can also use some models from copyrighted games, like Skyrim or the Total War series?!

if mods for this game are copyrihgtted than why do i find the same set of armour in 6 different mods from different makers

That alone doesn't indicate much as modders can acquire permission to use copyrighted material from the respective authors. The easiest way to identify OSP stuff is to check the Forge subsection.

jeff2146 said:
if mods for this game are copyrihgtted than why do i find the same set of armour in 6 different mods from different makers

You did not get the above comment ...

Anyway you need to understand that any and all modifications (scripts, art assets, sounds/music, etc) used in mods/packs may be restricted. Thats the author's right.

So you need to visit whetever thread/post on that item and see if you can use it, if you need to give credit, etc.

Pendor, as a example, won't let you use its features unless you get permission first: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,147689.msg4054434.html#msg4054434

jeff2146 said:
after all of this i am still loolking for someone to help me code this mod
No one will do it. Anyone who is able to code either has their own project or joins one that has already achieved significant progress and/or a experienced team. You can learn coding in the forge though.

i have tried installing phyton but it does not work on my windows 10 !!!!!!!!! system because the tutorial is not updated to tel me how to instal phyton on windows 10 thats why i am looking for a coder

jeff2146 said:
i have tried installing phyton but it does not work on my windows 10

Download Python
Install Python
When the Installer asks if it should create the system variable: say YES
Restart your Computer
Done

You mean you can't find the environment variables on windows 10 (should be the same as win7: Control Panel → System and Security → System → Advanced system settings → Environment variables)? Or are you unable to run the installer (https://www.londonappdeveloper.com/setting-up-your-windows-10-system-for-python-development-pydev-eclipse-python/)?

Tbh that took 2 seconds to google and modding takes a lot more patience than that. I am not saying you shouldn't try, but you might have to approach things with a different mind set. Making a mod like you described will take you months of work. Primarily because you will have to read and learn a lot.

It being what? Have you followed this tutorial to the letter - https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240255.0.html ?

Sigh. It being what? Common dude, try to provide the bare minimals of information. Are you running the compiler and it is giving you an error? That probably means you screwed up the module info path. But folks can only guess with this level of detail.

Just keep going over the tutorial that i linked here. For questions refer to the Q&A in the Forge. And do try to be informative in your posts. "It" can be anything. Error messages need to be quoted exactly and not paraphrased as well. Best just run with screenshots.

jeff2146 said:
after installing and giving it the veriables it just keeps on giving error masseges

Python24 buddy, not 34. Oh and make sure you add the Python24 folder path to your system variables. Works for me on Windows 10 with no problems.

9jakub9 said:
jeff2146 said:
after installing and giving it the veriables it just keeps on giving error masseges

Python24 buddy, not 34. Oh and make sure you add the Python24 folder path to your system variables. Works for me on Windows 10 with no problems.
Newer 2.X versions work fine.

Thread locked for lack of purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom