Hyped for 31. yet "low" expectations

Users who are viewing this thread

I have to say that I am pretty excited for 31. March. Yet I am keeping my expectations low. After all this is just EA. I thin EA Bannerlord is going to be a Warband with better graphics. And honestly I am fine with that. A rather good looking Warband will entertain me (at least for a while). If it is more than just an "eye candy Warband" than even better. However, I will be just disappointed if I expect too much. What about you? Would you guys be fine with a "better graphics Warband" for Bannerlord EA? Or do you expect more?
See my thing is they spent 8 years on this, but cut that in half for actual dev time. 4 years of planning and 4 years of actually working on the core, and lets say the last two years polishing and adding less complex features. Now here we are basically bug testing the game in early access they will give us as many features as possible, just because they mostly should be done, and need polishing but aye I am not a developer so I could be completely wrong, but I am sticking with high expectations because they have been really open with us with there dev blogs.

I assumed when they say you cant create your own kingdom that would include taking over any existing factions, though great if that is the case.
I think what they mean is that you can fully 'join' a faction without having to be a rebel. In otherwords, you can reunite the calradian empire under one of the existing factions, this is something I really like.
Yes you probably wont be able to do that right away, however, they are going to be doing updates constantly so its not like you are going to have to wait until full release for these features, they will be slowly added in.

See my thing is they spent 8 years on this, but cut that in half for actual dev time. 4 years of planning and 4 years of actually working on the core, and lets say the last two years polishing and adding less complex features. Now here we are basically bug testing the game in early access they will give us as many features as possible, just because they mostly should be done, and need polishing but aye I am not a developer so I could be completely wrong, but I am sticking with high expectations because they have been really open with us with there dev blogs.

The thing is that you also have to take into account the fact that they built an engine from scratch.... that's no easy feat.

The OP has the right attitude, expectations should be low, if you want a finished product then wait for the full release, period.

Unfortunately I'm already seeing the massive amounts of negative steam reviews by people that don't have much common sense at all.

Back
Top Bottom