Hype Video Competition (Completed. Results inside)

Users who are viewing this thread

I realize that. Done in 3 days, ****s happen. I am getting even more irrirated now you try to compare a short-movie attempt to a video.

Again, design is never perfect.

I think I can understand disappointement of Belendor according to the final ranking. Being 4th doesn't really reflect how complex and beautiful their trailer was and I honestly doesn't find it really fair but in my opinion, Duken's trailer is the best if you're looking in term of "E-Sport Trailer", like the CSGO/Dota/LoL's ones, especially because it doesn't highlight a special team but the Nations Cup as a whole.

Anyway, thanks for hosting it Osiris, was a good idea :smile:

When i see the other videos, some of them just showing pictures of nations  and groups bla bla. I dont see any imagination. I liked those too but when i first watched Belendor's i said "Woow". But when i see the some of those vids. Its just nations,  there is no point for me. Its not necessary to become first in this competition. It gives nothing but i think this is kinda disrespect for the work

All 7 judges voted separately it's not like we grouped up to punish turkey. Some voted you top 2-3 others didn't.  At the end of the day it's not how hard or complex a video is its how much the judge enjoyed it and if it hyped them up. As I said it was very close 3rd and 4th.

There is nothing wrong with how I behave. Don't mistake the honest opinion and crying. I protect my work when an After Effects template wins the competition.

Alright, now I feel I must point out a few things to the guy who's crying. Yes, I've used After Effect to make my video. No I haven't used any template. Everything you see in there was either made by me or taken from the forum (e.g. The teams flags, a few of the map icons and the NC logo). I've taken some ispiration from other tournament videos I've found on youtube but as I said previously everything was made by myself only. The idea behind it was to increase the hype and the attention of the spectator as much as I could, and I think the music alone does 60% of the work. Feel free to protect your work as much as you want but don't accuse me if you don't have any proof.

I'll give you some feedback from my viewing: the video is great as is the story, the music overpowers the voice acting in places but the main problem for me is that it doesnt give any indication that it's about the NC until the logo comes up at the end. I could show that video to someone who doesn't play competitive or plays NW etc and they would thinks it's great , bit they wouldn't have a clue that it's about the nation's cup. If it was just a video competition it may well have won.

Sorry, Duken. It looked like a template.

And, I fade out into the darkness I come from, gratz again and cya.

Ciiges said:
You almost got me salty, team turkey. I agree with the top 3, I think UK should be 4 and cav 5.

Naa the Turkey one was the best, Duken 2nd and Rage 3rd.

I'm sure the judging was done fairly and equally regardless. Congrats to the top 3!

Back
Top Bottom