Hunting and why it should be in game

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes that's exactly what I have in mind.
Tournaments, feasts and hunts, I guess people keep refering to these and other features and how they were implemented in WB (honestly I don't think WB has done them very well), not because “the good old Warband has them”, but because these are just something a medieval-ish kingdom game could have, if not should have, for the sake of content enrichment and immersion enhancement. You will encounter such events from strategy games like Crusader Kings to fantasy RPGs like The Witcher.
Also I couldn't see anything bad to ask for them being introduced into BL. More details and impacts of tournaments or a hunting events-chain with multi branches as I described above should not be super heavy at all to implement. If BL did not fulfill our expectation, it's definitely not because part of players keep talking about some "trivial bland dull WB feature"🤣
See now this guy gets it. People keep complaining about "why do you want that trivial bland dull feature back from Warband...?" -we dont want it back, we want it expanded upon. Imagine Grand Tournmants with really loud crowds, an introduction from the King, Horns blaring when Gladiators fall, Reputations rising and falling, chicks swooning over the Champions etc... and Lords remembering all of this after the fact -like in Warband..hatred and jealousy being built by rivals. This really aint ll that hard just requires a commitment to bettering the RPG/Strategy aspect of the game rather than just "a sprinkling of a strategy game added"

Oh and who thought Tourney prizes like "Fleece Slippers" was a good idea..?

If you want a royal hunt, why not go the whole hog? Kings have died from hunting accidents/assassinations.
I'd hate to just get feasts back renamed royal hunts with no noble blood.
Friend I believe I do mentioned "events chain...including various accidents, such as a conspiracious ambush against VIP, initiating a small scaled battle in civilian outfits." Say you decide to kill the king, you firstly choose to accompany the king, then try to find a chance to assult him when he is far away from other nobles. You could also try to cause accidents as scouts leader by driving some dangerous quarry to your target if your have high enough scout level to win this role. Or if your are good at stewardship, apply for the role of feast organizer and manage to poison the target.
Could of course be many other stories, such as NPC nobles plots agianst themselves or the pc, based on condition setting. It's after all just events consisted by text + pictures and some options, but should be not boring (iirc already more meaty than hunting event in CK3).

Back
Top Bottom