Hunting and fishing

Users who are viewing this thread

Never even been to a place with moose so I had no idea.

On a related note they raised the deer limit in my county to 3 doe and two bucks. Really hope we can find a place to hunt this year, I haven't had fried back-strap in a couple of years at least.

Keep forgetting to mention that my father got a 5 point on Sunday. We've been cutting that up today.
He also happened to miss the biggest buck he's ever seen because his arrow hit a tree branch.

The miss came first. But apparently he had an exciting day, on Sunday morning he saw a lot of deer, chasing each other all around. He saw two that were massive, I'm hoping to see them again opening weekend.

Double posting because I'm a massive ****!
Anyway, my favorite holiday is coming up this Saturday. So tomorrow I'm basically going to get home from school, drop my bookbag, and then take off with my father to go pick up my brother from college, and from there we're heading to our hunting cabin. I'd take off school entirely, but I'd still have to wait for my brother to finish classes so there's not much point.
So after tonight you guys won't be hearing from me until Monday or so. Yay me  :party:

Of course. Am I allowed to post that in the cheese thread?
Vraelomon said:
I'd take off school entirely, but I'd still have to wait for my brother to finish classes so there's not much point.
I missed my bus, so it looks like I'm taking off after all  :party:

Well, I didn't get anything, but it still was a pretty great opening weekend. Altogether I think we had 8 guys out there at our cabin (have I posted about the cabin before?), it would have been 9 but one guy got a staff infection and had to stay home  :cry:
We got there Friday night, right around dinner time. After we ate me and my father went with my uncle to help him track a doe he had gut shot with his bow earlier that day. I am amazed we ever found it, there was almost no blood. We were out there for about two hours and were right about to give up and head back when my uncle took a short look around and spotted the doe laying there staring at him. We didn't have any guns or anything so he snuck up and stabbed it in the neck. So that was kinda cool I guess.
Saturday morning I got up in the stand, looked to my left and there was a porcupine sitting there about 10 yards or so away. He waddled off. About 10 minutes later I saw a red fox that I would have shot if it wasn't sprinting as fast he could. A little while after that I saw a herd of 6 deer walking by out of some pine trees, but there was nothing big so I didn't shoot at anything. I did, however, shoot at a raccoon I saw a couple hours later. I hit the ground right in front of him ( :facepalm: ) and he ran up a tree. I returned shortly after that, ate lunch, and then went back out to a different stand. Saw a doe that I could have easily killed, but figured maybe there would be a buck chasing her. There wasn't  :cry:. So that concludes Saturday.
Sunday sucked. Didn't see anything the entire day. Except a red squirrel chasing around a grey squirrel.

And so I didn't get anything. But I'm still pretty happy I went. Saturday for dinner our Ukrainian friend made some golumpkis that tasted amazing. We also had a **** ton of pies out there.
Alright not that many. But we had a lot. And cheesecake  :party:

So i started at my new job few weeks ago. I work as gamekeeper and my job is to keep 15000 pheasants alive and well.  And i can't think of a better job.

Just waiting for fall and all these big hunts to start, it's a great excuse to wear full tweed clothing when hunting  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom