Hunting and fishing

Users who are viewing this thread

Seff said:
Meeting my hunting teacher Saturday for some routine gun practice, and then he'll sell me a book to let me study for my test.
Do you study hunting? Is there "special" schools in Denmark, which are focused in hunting?

I'm currently studying in only school in Finland which teaches hunting. I should graduate to be a gamekeeper soon.

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
This thread marginalises the gatherers of society, and I find it insulting. I shall be petitioning the administrators of this forum hence to close down this vile topic until such a time as it becomes a more socially inclusive institution.

Here ya go Llandy: Eatweeds Podcast #2. Seem like real nice folks, but I could only stomach about the first 10 minutes.

Alatzy said:
Do you study hunting? Is there "special" schools in Denmark, which are focused in hunting?

I'm currently studying in only school in Finland which teaches hunting. I should graduate to be a gamekeeper soon.
I took evening classes last year, but didn't manage to pass the tests. So I'm getting a brush-up and getting signed up for tests this year. There's no actual school for this stuff.

Teo: Ducks, geese, fallow deer, roe deer, red deer, hares and foxes. Those are the most common.

I got a bad feeling about this year. Winter has been dragging on super long (I think this was the first day above freezing) and all the deer I see look scraggly and starved. Saw a couple yearnings the other day that looked half dead. Also saw three doe today eating off pine trees. Poor bastards  :sad:

Vraelomon said:
I got a bad feeling about this year. Winter has been dragging on super long (I think this was the first day above freezing) and all the deer I see look scraggly and starved. Saw a couple yearnings the other day that looked half dead. Also saw three doe today eating off pine trees. Poor bastards  :sad:
Actually all deer animals eat minimium amount of food in winter, they use their "energy" storages that they have collected during summer and autumn. So there is actually an explanation why they look half dead.

For example Roe Deer spents 60% of its day in summer to eat. And in winter it spents 60% of the day resting. And i'm quite sure that Fallow Deer follows that rhythm too.

Does anybody know any good books about maintaining Fallow and Roe Deer population?

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsPA9uY2Gco *

Thing is they can't get any more food because it's not spring yet. They're more half dead than they're supposed to be. The "energy storage", as you call it, will only last them so long.

So do I, usually. But of course now I live in a suburbs, so I really can't. Yet I see deer here far more often than I did when I lived in the middle of nowhere.

Teofish said:
Fox tastes like ****e though.

GdpHh.gif

What?

Not sure if you're confused that he's eaten it, or that he disliked it.

Haven't had the opportunity to eat fox myself, but if it's somewhere in between coyote and rabbit, it probably is ****e

They were healthy, plump and still killing the plantation's chickens and cats... so why not?

Didn't taste so good, but I think the same of rabbit.

fishing_boat_4.gif

catch of the day - 4 years ago...
gone fishing at a mangrove lagoon
with my Uncle & a few friends
somewhere in the Persian gulf
of the coast of Abu Dhabi

mangrove_fishing_by_matmohair1-d42bqkm.jpg

we were resting on an island inhabited by
nesting ospreys & herds of gazelles
here is a juvenile Osprey...

juvenile_osprey___persian_gulf_by_matmohair1-d42bpep.jpg

Teofish said:
Fox tastes like ****e though.
:shifty: Bedouins over here gladly included that
on the menu alongside wolves, lizards and porcupines

krik said:
I suppose it is better than just shooting it and leaving it out there like most ranchers.
Definitely not recommending you eat the average half-starved disease-ridden fleabag coyote mutt. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom