Hunger Games on Native module

Users who are viewing this thread

Hunger Games

Previously, there was a Hunger Games server on Native module, but now it's closed, and many players still want to play this gamemode (we too). We do not intend to endure and wait any longer, we are opening our own, new Hunger Games server!

Steam group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/warbandhungergames

Features:

- No download or anything required, just load up your Native module and join the server!

- In-Game currency and shop (For killing players and winning in the rounds you will get gold. While waiting for the next game for this gold you can buy armor to get a little advantage over others)

- Custom items (Armor defend edited to give -unlucky- players with poor weapons chances)

- Stats and Gold save (When you quit the game, your gold and kills will be saved and stored into our database, the next time you join the server you will get it back. Your kills will be shown in the chat when you join the server or type in the chat /info)

- The server is scripted to be completely self running, relying on no admins at all. (But we will have some anyway to punish -bad- players)

- If you was killed, you can watch the rest of the players from the spectator circle (marked on map) or some fun in the parkour area.

- Chat commands (/help, /info, etc.)

FAQ

Q. How can I join the server?
A. Just run your Native module and join the server named “Hunger Games”. Gamemode is DeathMatch. But it's not released yet.

Q. How can I earn gold?
A. Kill and win! Kill = 5 gold. Win = 10 gold

Q. Is server has steam group?
A. Yes, http://steamcommunity.com/groups/warbandhungergames

Q. When will be server released?
A. Soon, very soon. Test version is already online.

Mechanics of the game

When you join the server, you spawns in the waiting area. At the end of the round (Or if you are alone on the server, when the second or more player(s) connect), the game begins and all players will be teleported to the center of the map. After 10 seconds they are given the right to move and now you decide what to do. You can run to the center and try to get yourself a good weapon, or do not take the risk and immediately run away and look for weapons elsewhere by exploring the map. After 10 minutes of play, if there is still no winner, the remaining players will be teleported to the arena, where they will have to fight for the right to win! Only one will survive!

Special thanks to

EmielRegis? , for helping with scripts!
The_dragon, for helping with scripts!

Gotha, for helping with scripts!

And of course previous Hunger Games server on Native, for the idea!

Creation progress:

Map - 90%
Scripts - 90%

Everything - 90%

Screenshots of the creation process will be updated everyday!

Map view
4A260BAB56C075A000AB17D679D3D329F8D7CC94

The Waiting Area 
71565A611976C821E9F38AE32DAA4D83906D72BB

Mountain Village
6DA94D16ADB629B4CB794036583FA6E82A09797A
978FF0F8AD939BEB660A7A30E9C87B287E98E936

Destroyed fort
395448944C5A3BCB207897A47782CE7959FC313C

Dungeon entrace
3C63F24FFB065BB8730A7C116234C360BEBB89B9

Small part of the dungeon
CF1FE6343756451539C42B8FFEFA9C34C8C33332

You just could've used the source code from my tool which already contains the previouse HG mode. At least it contains the basics (round system, traps, spawn system, item spawns and more).
Good luck :smile:

Gotha said:
You just could've used the source code from my tool which already contains the previouse HG mode. At least it contains the basics (round system, traps, spawn system, item spawns and more).

Excuse me! I didn't added you to the "Special thanks" list! Of course I used some code from adimi tools, but only some parts, not all :smile:

I just had the same idea some time ago and been working on scening a cool map 24/7, but then a question came to my mind, how can you prevent campers, when admins aren't on  :???:

No problems with campers, there is game timer, after 10 minutes of the game survivors will be teleported to the arena. After the 3 minutes of arena fight if there is no winner everyone will be killed.

Screenshots and creation process updated.

Good job but disallow teaming or host a specific server for groups. Also call it Battle Royale or something, hunger games is a series aimed at teenage girls.

Bent said:
Good job but disallow teaming or host a specific server for groups. Also call it Battle Royale or something, hunger games is a series aimed at teenage girls.

This mean's there will be many teenage girls to kill. Win for me. :party:

Bent said:

then your gf will play there

My apologies, but I should deny your suggestion. Maybe, if you are so smart, create your own server? It would be great, I believe.

Just saw this! I'm a huge fan of this game mode in warband, can't wait for the server. Map looks cool, but thinking about the old Aeterna Hunger games I really feel like 10 min of game is way too fast. Half of that amount goes when you try to find weapons. I would say 15-20 min as a minimum before forced teleport. Of course we get huge waiting times while you are dead but that's the idea of the server. Playing time is a common strategy on this kind of servers.

Back
Top Bottom