SP MP Hundred Years War ~ Remade [Released]

Currently viewing this thread:

Best answers

An de Grâce 1371, already thirty-four years of War in France...

Finally, I am coming closer to finish my work for "HYW ~ Remade"'s first release and concluding it with an Open BETA now. Since it is going to be a beta, no doubt there will be loads of bug and I need people in order to get rid of them. Any suggestion is also welcome.

"For over months, I am glad to finally announce I finished my work with HYW ~ Remade. I tried to achieve every feature once being listed here, yet I kinda lost my motivation for now, meanwhile; always feel free to submit bug reports or any feedback. I may always restore my motivation back to fix bugs and add stuff."

Multiplayer is in works. Don't touch it.​

-Doubled the parties in both number and gameplay-wise.
-Regularly spawning lairs waiting to be cleansed.
-Sprinting with "O" key.
-Sea battles.
-Bridge Battles.
-Shield bashing.
-Talking with Lord via Town Menu.
-Critical strike. ("Special Strike" from CC)
-Ability to set the diplomacy between two factions via camp-menu. (Kinda cheating in some situations.)
-Knight recruitment system has been returned. It is in BETA stage, though.
-Being able to play as historical lords in Quick Battle or "Custom Battle.
-You die under-water. (Works)
-Bounty Hunting. In BETA stage, too.
-One new quest, you will notice what it is after at least 3 days passes.
-One new combat move: "Heavy Blow". Press the "H" key in combat with a Sword. (Not all of the swords are able to do this move.)
-Better flaming torch. (Egg)
-New Tavern options. In BETA stage.
-Special troops.
-Ability to change the colors of factions.
-Weather in battles.
-New presentation for character creation.
-You can now Decapitate!
-Freelancer.
-Anti-cheating system.
-HYW feature; Killing a lord in a battle grants you honor and renown.
-Slavery system. Now you can do some dirty things.
-Sons of the Kings are now in the party of their fathers. (Not yet)
-Purpose of "pretenders" has been changed. They love their father now. (Not yet)
-Whenever the Ironflesh skill is maxed to 15, you will have your max HP doubled for time being.

and more to be discovered...

There might be more than what is written, too.

Among the new systems, there are now "Support" troops in the world, which are only two at the moment.

*Priest, having one in your party grants a complete healing to your party every week.
  -To earn it, go to any town and Hire one. (To hire, you must have at least 2000 gold and 200 renown.)

*Drunkard, having one in your party grants a complete morale increasel every week.
  -To earn it, you must go to a tavern and speak with one. But, be careful as this folk doesn't spawn as you progress through game. So, get one by beginning and try not to lose him until I make a new patch for it. (You must have 100 renown and 1000 gold.)

Another system is for Knights' training, now you can hire knights.

-Every succession of a quest, earns you a Word. Which you can use it to obtain a Knight from "Camp" menu.

And, the last system I semi-introduced was the Bounty System. There are Mercenary Outlaw parties around the land, destroy the army but capture the leader alive, to bring it to one of the two Kings. You will handsomely be rewarded.

That is all for now.

Warmest Regards,

Best answers
Wow, slavery, bounty hunting and killing lords sounds like awesome features. Sea battles, shield bash and anti-cheat system too, of course.

Best answers
I am glad you liked it, Llew.

Any bug report or feedback shall be appreciated. Also, those new systems are in conceptual stage, I might detail them over.

HUtH

Sergeant Knight at Arms
M&BWB
Best answers
Please, upload it on Nexus or ModDB.
Also shouldn't that topic be in HYW subforum?

So finally, there is a mod about HYW for WB 1.153? Great :smile:

matmannen

Squire
WBNW
Best answers
Sprinting like it, is it for bith foot and horse, and if for horse does it raise your bump damage?

Dracula7899

Sergeant
WBNW
Best answers
Here is a bug I ran into during character creation.

If you pick to start as a noble after you pick your banner it will just send you back to the beginning of character creation.

Best answers
Dracula7899 said:
Here is a bug I ran into during character creation.

If you pick to start as a noble after you pick your banner it will just send you back to the beginning of character creation.
Ah, thanks for that. Will be fixed with the new patch.

Arbarad

Recruit
Best answers
It would be amazing if routiers could be worked into the game at some later date.

Basically, routiers were soldiers, usually in English service (though they were of varied nationality: Gascon, Breton, Brabantine, German) who had turned brigand when peace broke out. But they weren't roaming bands of wild men: they were highly organized military companies, usually consisting of about 4:1 mounted infantry to men-at-arms. In many cases, they were garrison troops in captured castles who refused to relinquish them to the French authorities. They formed themselves into companies, ravaged the countryside, extorted money from and/or captured towns, took weakly defended castles, and basically destroyed huge swathes of France, especially in Burgundy, the Limousin, and the Mediterranean coast. The royal government viewed them as a local problem, to be dealt with by those most effected. Bribery seems to have been the most common method of getting them to relinquish their strongholds. Fighting was chancier, as the largest band, a conglomerate called the Great Company, mustered as many as 4,000 trained soldiers.

matmannen

Squire
WBNW
Best answers
Tried playin' it, seems fun enaugh but it seems to tend to crash first five to first twenty minutes of gameplay. Really sad, really want to try out the freelancer.

onorata

Banned
Best answers
yeah, when you select continue it sends you back to the first character creation page

buggy ****

matmohair1

Marquis
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
matmannen said:
Tried playin' it, seems fun enaugh but it seems to tend to crash first five to first twenty minutes of gameplay. Really sad, really want to try out the freelancer.
:neutral: same problem here too