Resolved Huge performance drops and lag

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: After recent hotfix, in-game at any time there will be huge lag spikes where the performance goes to a very low framerate and it is basically impossible to play. This happens on the map, in menus, in towns/castles and really just throughout the single-player game. This was on campaign but I imagine it wouldn't be much different for sandbox. I know this was an issue in a previous version and it seem to have come up again?
How to Reproduce: Load up M&B: Bannerlord since most recent hotfix.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No cheats or mods.
Scene Name (if related): Throughout whole game, menus, towns/castles, battles, dialogue, pretty much everywhere.
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
GPU Driver Version: 27.21.14.5167
CPU: Intel (4 Core / 8 processor) i7-7700 @ 3.60GHz
RAM: 16.0
Motherboard: Alienwre 07HV66
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

We have a special performance build to check for these issues by collecting telemetry data. Can you switch to that build, test your performance and send us your data?
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab. You can find more info about it here.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where you are experiencing performance issues.
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding the “right shift” and pressing the “T” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the "...\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration. If the data you are trying to upload is too big or the site fails to upload, you can use an alternative site to upload your data. If you choose to do that please left a reply to this thread with the download link.

We have a special performance build to check for these issues by collecting telemetry data. Can you switch to that build, test your performance and send us your data?
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab. You can find more info about it here.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where you are experiencing performance issues.
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding the “right shift” and pressing the “T” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the "...\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration. If the data you are trying to upload is too big or the site fails to upload, you can use an alternative site to upload your data. If you choose to do that please left a reply to this thread with the download link.
With respect to Graphics setting I have them on Very High.

I did have a browser open in the background when I first experienced it but I've been doing that for a while now. I play music on YT while playing through my game.

I was unable to upload to the link so I've provided a link to the file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1judGMlUHTGaeNQjVyjk315GJooSoa3T4/view?usp=sharing

During the test I did not have music playing but I did have a browser open with only one tab to the directions you provided on how to use the perf_test build. I did experience the same spikes and lags but not quite at the level I did before. Still fairly regular but not quite the magnitude. I think shutting down my pc for a while mitigated the worst of the lag spikes / performance drops.

If you needed anything else, please let me know. I think I covered everything?

This is happing to me also. I am on the main and after the hot fix i have crashed twice and the inventory window is laggy as heck.. I use no mods and on 1.5.9 on the live build. also in facebook its been talked about my many players.

Me too. The most massive lag spikes appears when i open my inventory or encyclopedia. I think the main problem is with the icon loading, because the lag spikes are over only when all items or NPC images were loaded.
It is lagging in the main map too. Most often it laggs when my relations with some NPC increases or decreases. I have 3 extra party in my clan, so relations are changing pretty often and the lag spikes are often too.

Summary: After recent hotfix, in-game at any time there will be huge lag spikes where the performance goes to a very low framerate and it is basically impossible to play. This happens on the map, in menus, in towns/castles and really just throughout the single-player game. This was on campaign but I imagine it wouldn't be much different for sandbox. I know this was an issue in a previous version and it seem to have come up again?
How to Reproduce: Load up M&B: Bannerlord since most recent hotfix.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No cheats or mods.
Scene Name (if related): Throughout whole game, menus, towns/castles, battles, dialogue, pretty much everywhere.
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080
GPU Driver Version: 27.21.14.5167
CPU: Intel (4 Core / 8 processor) i7-7700 @ 3.60GHz
RAM: 16.0
Motherboard: Alienwre 07HV66
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD
Same to me, I have in the map 142fps and when another parties spawn on my sight it drops to 70, but that's nothing, after a battle with some fps drops but not massive, when you have the option to capture the enemies and so there's drops to 1 fps and freezes, also on the map when entering in a city or village is freezing. Also the map it looks uglier than last time i remember. Last time I played was few weeks ago it was perfect. Actually I never had major issues since I got the game in June last year.
My rig is:
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
GPU : MSI GTX 1080 8GB
SSD M.2
MB: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI

Until the hotfix, lag wasn't an issue. It is now. Every time a relationship ticks up, there's a noticeable stutter. I'm seeing way too many relationship changes as well. Something got screwed up by the hotfix.

Opening the inventory window,traveling across the map, entering/exiting towns/villages, opening trade window is very laggy as well. It wasn't like that before the hotfix.

You seriously need to REVERT/ROLL BACK THE LAST HOTFIX!

The only workaround is to drop down your anti-aliasing as low as you can FXAA or lower to reduce the stutter/lag until Taleworlds fixes their mess. It will not eliminate it completely, it just reduces it to a more manageable level.

Using mods

Computer rig:

Processor: Intel i9=10850K @3.60 Ghz
RAM: 32 GB
GPU: Geforce GTX3070
SSD (Bannerlord is installed on the D: drive and is not a SSD)

I have Bannerlord loaded on a different computer, but definitely NOT going to update to the hotfix.

The comments for the 29/4/21 Bannerlord "hotfix" on Steam should be read by every Bannerlord developer to realize just how bad that "update" really was. If it's performing that poorly on my gaming rig listed above, I'd hate to see how much worse it is on less powerful computers.

Last edited:
Same here.
Mostly everytime when i open trade screen, or look on party of my companion. Loading is extremly long. It is about item icons. Since last hotfix 1.5.9. (29.4.2021).
Before hotfix, it took some time for the first time loading in game, but next loading was ok. Now it is everytime.
PC:
Win 10 Pro x64
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor
RAM 16 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB

Fortunately, I had a pre-4/29/21 hotfix Bannerlord install on my older computer so I copied it over to my gaming rig after deleting the game although it shows as "Not installed" in my Steam library. Oh well.

Vastly improved performance over the post hotfix version. ?

I can confirm this, I have the exact same setting with 1.5.10 as I had in .1.5.9 and now I am getting an encoder overload with OBS, my recording software. So I went back to 1.5.9 and didnt have a problem so I know it is something in 1.5.10. I noticed other Streamers have the same issue unless they had a high powered system. They thought graphics were fine until people told them they were choppy. It seems to happen in 2 areas in the inventory menu and at the beginning of battles when you are first rearranging troops I could find you video proof from my live stream where it happened but something in 1.5.10 is taking a ton of resources at certain times

I've been informed that this bug is fixed and sent to the game with the last hotfix (1.5.10.271913) Can you check if you still experience this issue? I've gone forwarded and marked the topic as resolved unless you state otherwise.
Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I've been informed that this bug is fixed and sent to the game with the last hotfix (1.5.10.271913) Can you check if you still experience this issue? I've gone forwarded and marked the topic as resolved unless you state otherwise.
Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
This issue is not resolved.

(v1.8.0) - POSSIBLE FIX - just had the same symptoms on nevest version to date, running a game on a high end rig (intel 12700f, rtx 3080/10gb, 32 ram), max settings, game was going on smooth 200+ fps and every couple minutes dropping to 1-30 fps with crazy lags no matter if I was in town, on map or in battle.

To resolv the issue, I simply turned the v-sync on in game settings. The game fixed on 60 fps without any drops never again.

Probably another issue, while the game runs on max settings, I get occasional fps drops during battles, with the same problems as before - this time craziest fps drops (to 1-5 fps) but again, only from time to time and only during fight simulations with relatively big battles (like 300+), every like 1 minute. Feels like it happens during massive skirmishes or while troops are respawning… Don’t know what to do with that yet.

Back
Top Bottom