Resolved Huge fps drops, stutters, lags when you literally click anything (except battles).

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.

Lostman

Recruit
Summary: I used to play the game with no lags or stutters or any kind of issues like 3 months ago. I came back to play it 2 weeks ago and the game is unplayable right now. Every time I enter my inventory, party screen, the encyclopedia, a city or trading menu, fps drops from 165 to 1-5 fps and it freezes for 3 seconds. I wait for trading menu to load for 10 seconds! The game is trying to load all the images I assume. This fps drop does not happen in battles, everything works perfect in battles.
How to Reproduce: Literally try to do anything except fighting in the campaign.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No I didn't.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB
GPU Driver Version: 27.21.14.6627
CPU: i7 6700k 4.00 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: Asus Maximus Ranger VIII
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): game is installed on a HDD

We have a special performance build to check for these issues by collecting telemetry data. Can you switch to that build, test your performance and send us your data?
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab. You can find more info about it here.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where you are experiencing performance issues.
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding the “right shift” and pressing the “T” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the "...\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration. If the data you are trying to upload is too big or the site fails to upload, you can use an alternative site to upload your data. If you choose to do that please left a reply to this thread with the download link.

I managed to solve this problem by making some space in my SSD drive and moving the game there. If you are experiencing this issue I suggest you to move the game to a SSD if you have one. However I still do not understand why is this happening. Game used to work well 2-3 months ago for me. There are many people having this issue. You guys should definitely check them out and fix this in the next update.

Yes I agree with you, my game was perfect, but when I played until I reach the 800 days, it's unplayable on the campaing map.
I don't know why but my fps started to drop to 170 fps to 80 when I reach the 100 days, when I reach the 300 days my fps was 40 fps, and when I reach the 600 days it was 20 fps or 10, I didnt continue on the campaign map because it was unplayable since I had 3-10 fps on the map after 700 days, it's impossible to continue your game with that issue, it's a big pity because it's just that problem who make the whole game campaign suck :/, I mean I have a feeling dat my game have a cancer xD, It's something to fix urgently maybe in the next update. I don't have SSD unfortunaly :sad: to do what u do, but I guess it's because of the bandits maybe because their a lots of in the Aserai desert and the Khuzait steppe but idk I'm gonna wait until a more complete version, I don't have the faith and will to begin another campaign just to test T_T.

yep this happens to me too my pc is good aswell. Battles don't lag at all at 600 but the campaign map lags every time I open any menu, party, inv, entering a settlement, ect.

We need the telemetry data to see the issue more clearly. Have not received any from this topic, yet.
Ohh, please its the same problem dozens, if not scores, of people have been complaining about for months. There are other bug posts where they did give data, nothing happened for months now.

Ohh, please its the same problem dozens, if not scores, of people have been complaining about for months. There are other bug posts where they did give data, nothing happened for months now.
We can't know if the issues are certainly the same if we don't see the telemetry data. We are working on the fixes of the data we had from the previous users. The fixes are on their way. I am aware that it is taking some time but please know that we are working towards the fixes.

Last thing I saw was that they've got a fix for it, but it won't be implemented until the next major update, minor patches/updates won't include the fix.

The problem definitely started with 1.5.9 Main for me. Never had issues before. On my system, the lag is very irritating but not a gamestopper. It doesn't seem to affect battles, just menus.

I got the impression from a post elsewhere that this was known for 1.5.9.

I had major problems starting with the 4/29 update. I was on 1.5.9 at the time, but I didn't have problems with 1.5.9 until that update. For me it does affect battles, but its a minor irritation. The biggest problem is waiting 30 seconds or so for pretty much any menu screen (Party, loot, town screens, etc). Its also an issue when you are passing a town and every caravan or party that goes in it causes a lag spike.

Hey Guys,
Haven't playd for a while. Just got back a few days ago and experianced this lag issue. It's basicly unplayable. I followd the instrucion and saved the telemetry data. Uploading it now.

Hey Guys,
Haven't playd for a while. Just got back a few days ago and experianced this lag issue. It's basicly unplayable. I followd the instrucion and saved the telemetry data. Uploading it now.
Well, unable to upload telemetry data. I receive an error message after pressing on upload.

I'm having the same problem and have uploaded a video to the uploadtellworlds.com link thingy. I hope this issue gets resolved, or at least I hope It's not my rig.

Edit: I did have that issue but after reinstalling on a different SSD I have obtained omega better performance. The issue is still present but it is far less of an issue than before. It mainly just lightly stutters every second on the Campaign map. Clicking between tabs is no longer an issue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom