HRAFNABJÓÐR – official Víkingr server

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might well have just been a connection issue, sometimes they show a kick message so I recommend that you best just try to rejoin.

Just to be sure I restarted the server, and at least some of the people who reported problems before are now playing.

Jofrid Jarnskeggidottir said:
I got again this ****ty problem with "Incorrect authorization key"  but now before not after the event :sad:

edit..lol not anymore :shock:

Yeah, good to see you got it sorted, it is normally Warband being an ass, but then again, and now either Aescwine or Guthmund is going to have my head on a spike for saying this but, That is Warband!

Takeda_Shingen said:
I got again this ****ty problem with "Incorrect authorization key"  but now before not after the event :sad:

Yeah, good to see you got it sorted, it is normally Warband being an ass, but then again, and now either Aescwine or Guthmund is going to have my head on a spike for saying this but, That is Warband!

True,true but I'm not used to this,was only the second time, and the second time during the event so i started to panic :grin:

Takeda_Shingen said:

True,true but I'm not used to this,was only the second time, and the second time during the event so i started to panic :grin:
You started to panic? Imagine *my* reaction when I read your first post. ^_^U

Did you try anything that might have helped solving the issue? I am sorry for both of you not being able to participate, it seems we are just powerless in this aspect and I had the impression that there were up to a dozen or more people with the same problem. It seems this problem is not unheard of and actually I think it is quite the same thing that happened to us in the last attempt, just that back then the server crash left everyone forced to rejoin, so that none could.

From what I read other mods have suffered from similar problems too, but in our case it might not help either that we run with WSE and a 1.143 build. Still if any of you sees any pattern or any possibilities to fix it (be it restarting the modem as mentioned in the other thread or some other trick) feel free to post it, so that we may take some precautions or have some strategies ready for the next time if something similar occurs.

I have never encountered the problem before Moecker, although some members of the Hæringar have done before (and not exclusively in Víkingr). Literally tried everything short of reinstalling (internet speed not fast enough really); ran in administrator mode, ran in and out of Steam, fiddled with max_connections, fiddled with secure_connection and rebooted the PC, reset DNS, reset sockets and so on so forth...

And were you on the server right before we started, or joined with the first public password? Maybe there is a pattern to it depending on when one gets disconnected first...

Ah that is all the more strange though, the only explanation for this issue that I know of so far is that the master server considers you account still being used in a current game and thus doesn't allow you to into what seems like a second one, to prohibit piracy. When a server crashes it might happen that your account is still considered in use on it, so that you can not join the restarted server either, if this explanation has any basis.

But if you never even joined in the first place there must be something else to it yet...

Marissa up to her old tricks of team-wounding (cannot provide proof of this really other than my word) and a few revenge TKs.
Greedo. Well, check the chat-log for his fountain of abuse.

Marisa has been warned before and judging from the logs a ban of three days is necessary.

I just meant to write here about how Greedo didn't receive any negative attention before and would best be dealt with by just using the mute function as a player, but now I went a bit further back in the logs and it shall be a three day ban for him too. Nobody should have to endure such talk on our server and if he can't help it he will have to find another game for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom