How will BL MP be revived?

Users who are viewing this thread

Supposedly, if TW makes BL the way everyone wants it to be, where will they get players? When EA came out we had a chance to make MP active because There Were so many Players on in MP and SP, respectively. How will MP be revived? Sure, we can get old players back, but what about a new growing playerbase?

If there is no incentive for growth in MP, then whats the point of trying?

Increase the cost of skins from 100 to 113 gold. EZ. Game fixed. Big brain moment. More features to come in the full release in 2037 in patch 1.63f.

Last edited:
I guess a good starting point for getting more players would be to actually balance the game. I've mentioned it multiple times, but it's clear to me that TaleWorlds' vision of M&B multiplayer involves having some factions being clearly better or worse than others and for archer spam to be egregiously overpowered. I don't think people are logging into this game just to play a modern military shooter with a medieval coat of paint, and being at a clear disadvantage just because of what faction you're on is pretty damn frustrating (late joiners also only get 120 gold to work with, which can make playing as Sturgia or Empire nothing short of a living hell).

I guess a good starting point for getting more players would be to actually balance the game. I've mentioned it multiple times, but it's clear to me that TaleWorlds' vision of M&B multiplayer involves having some factions being clearly better or worse than others and for archer spam to be egregiously overpowered. I don't think people are logging into this game just to play a modern military shooter with a medieval coat of paint, and being at a clear disadvantage just because of what faction you're on is pretty damn frustrating (late joiners also only get 120 gold to work with, which can make playing as Sturgia or Empire nothing short of a living hell).
Indeed, and also there seems to be contradiction of what TW wants as opposed to as what we want. However, even if the game's fully balanced, we still lost the opportunity of attracting an audience as large as 240k during the intial release. Now the curve for players is already flattening, with no sudden increases.

Thus, TW does not have any incentive to work on MP if it doesn't have a promising growth.

Private servers and modding, that was what kept warband's multiplayer alive so many years and of course the combat just being genuinely fun and balanced with a good degree of customization that bannerlord severely lacks, perks and skins just aren't the same as choosing your favorite weapon, getting better gear as you play that makes you slower but more tanky or choosing to go naked for that sweet speed increase at the expense of dying if anything touches you.

I guess I'm confused why there doesn't seem to be an interest in it from TW's side ? Forgive me if I'm wrong.
I think they ARE interested in Mount&Blade multiplayer but they're more interested in how they think the game should play, rather than what players want from a multiplayer component for Mount&Blade. See my previous post about intentional imbalance.

I think they ARE interested in Mount&Blade multiplayer but they're more interested in how they think the game should play, rather than what players want from a multiplayer component for Mount&Blade. See my previous post about intentional imbalance.
Yeah, I've been seeing posts about it for a while. I miss the customization and private severs for sure. I used to play countless hours on Warband MP but I'm to doing good to play 30 min a week on MP now.

Back
Top Bottom