How turn-coat, bastard-like should I be ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Selothi

Baron
Right, hello all, let me explain the situation: Having helped the great Khergit Khanate first conquer the Rhodoks, then the Swadians, and finally the Nords, I hought I'd use a different method to defeat King Yaroglek, and maybe take his land. So, I hunted down Prince Vadlym the Bastard (best looking claimant IMO), and after renouncing my oath to ye olde Sanjar Khan, made myself his vassal, and started besieging some castles with my huge, mofo force (A subtle blend of: 80% Khergit, 19% Swadian Knight, 1% other)

So, I've finally won the rebellion, losing many men but always filling and bolstering my ranks with rescued prisoners and a few recruits, and so, now what ? I'm still very loyal, and will always be so, to the great Khergit Khanate, to who mI owe all, nd because I simply love them all, but I'm also now a great ally of Prince Valdym, and so the Vaegirs.

However, it seems that in Calradia, there can be no two powers, and seeing as I have to garrison nearly all my men to avoid losing them, I have little else to do now. The prospect of raiding Steppe Bandits, Looters, Mountain and Forest Bandits, and Sea Raiders, as well as gathering wheat and cattle and killing the occasional guy, don't seem that compelling.

So the big question is, what do I do next ? I can either hunt down bandits, or wait in some cave for one of the two powers to declare war to the other, or do so myself. However, the war option also pose another dilemma, whose side do I fight for ? I'll most likely choose the Khergits, but I'll feed bad about myself (as I roleplay, of course, I won't be weeping in real life) for kicking Valdym's ass so shortly after having placed it on the Vaegir throne.

So, do I hunt bandits, instigate a war, wait for one to come, or do something entirely different until the module system comes out ? i.e: start a new character ...

Thank you for your time, and any answers you may bring.

You may have dug yourself into a hole.  Someone on the Paradox forums kind of did like what you've done.  Went into the other sides ranks, started a rebellion and then started a inter/intra rebellion feud to make it easier for his old side to win.  Unfortunitly after leaving and starting a rebellion his old side wants nothing to do with him unless it involves putting his head on a pike.

Maybe you could renounce your Vaegir oath, keep your lands and try to conquer the map as a masterless lord?  Would mean fighting against the Khergit's though.

I'm sorry, but I can't get 'round to starting a new game, I've come to love this charrie, and his skills and level, too much to forsake for such a "small" issue ... For the time being, I'm doing quests for lords on both sides and awaiting a war, and then, I think I'll just have to join the Khergits. In any case, it'll be alot easier to finish off the Vaegirs than reconquering all of Calradia in the name of Prince Valdym the bastard. I've grown to like him, but he was never more than a companion with a quest to fulfil and a funky title. So yeah, I think it'll end with me donning the Khergit atire once more, and plowing through yet more Vaegirs on my Heavy Hunter.

Selothi said:
I'm sorry, but I can't get 'round to starting a new game, I've come to love this charrie, and his skills and level, too much to forsake for such a "small" issue ... For the time being, I'm doing quests for lords on both sides and awaiting a war, and then, I think I'll just have to join the Khergits. In any case, it'll be alot easier to finish off the Vaegirs than reconquering all of Calradia in the name of Prince Valdym the bastard. I've grown to like him, but he was never more than a companion with a quest to fulfil and a funky title. So yeah, I think it'll end with me donning the Khergit atire once more, and plowing through yet more Vaegirs on my Heavy Hunter.

What nationality are you?

Anyways, just go with what feels right...

Thats what I always do, planning always messes me up somehow...

I'm with the Khergits from word go, though I've had to incorporate a fair amount of Swadians during the rebellion (a lot of Swadian lords went to the Vaegirs when I defeated their faction, and as I defeated them, I needed them to not only bolster my own lines, but to also help during sieges and the likes), but yeah, Khergits for the most.

Or do you mean in real life ? In which case it's English, though living in France  :razz: !

Selothi said:
Right, hello all, let me explain the situation: Having helped the great Khergit Khanate first conquer the Rhodoks, then the Swadians, and finally the Nords, I hought I'd use a different method to defeat King Yaroglek, and maybe take his land. So, I hunted down Prince Vadlym the Bastard (best looking claimant IMO), and after renouncing my oath to ye olde Sanjar Khan, made myself his vassal, and started besieging some castles with my huge, mofo force (A subtle blend of: 80% Khergit, 19% Swadian Knight, 1% other)

So, I've finally won the rebellion, losing many men but always filling and bolstering my ranks with rescued prisoners and a few recruits, and so, now what ? I'm still very loyal, and will always be so, to the great Khergit Khanate, to who mI owe all, nd because I simply love them all, but I'm also now a great ally of Prince Valdym, and so the Vaegirs.

However, it seems that in Calradia, there can be no two powers, and seeing as I have to garrison nearly all my men to avoid losing them, I have little else to do now. The prospect of raiding Steppe Bandits, Looters, Mountain and Forest Bandits, and Sea Raiders, as well as gathering wheat and cattle and killing the occasional guy, don't seem that compelling.

So the big question is, what do I do next ? I can either hunt down bandits, or wait in some cave for one of the two powers to declare war to the other, or do so myself. However, the war option also pose another dilemma, whose side do I fight for ? I'll most likely choose the Khergits, but I'll feed bad about myself (as I roleplay, of course, I won't be weeping in real life) for kicking Valdym's ass so shortly after having placed it on the Vaegir throne.

So, do I hunt bandits, instigate a war, wait for one to come, or do something entirely different until the module system comes out ? i.e: start a new character ...

Thank you for your time, and any answers you may bring.

May wave upon wave of Huscarls avenge their losses against you.  Nobody defeats the Nords and gets away with it, NOBODY!

If you like the char, but don't mind starting over aside from that, there's always the option of exporting the char and importing him into a new game.

A game where you conquer the world with the Nords, like a real man.

personally i would join the kehrgits again and start kicking some veagir ass but then again i hate vaegirs

"Booooooooooooooooo" to what ? Khergits kick EVERYBODY's ass, Rhodoks the hardest, leaving enemas in the very fabric of time, then the Swadian, with a sorely bruised ass that cannot be sat upon again (that's why all Swadian lords are seen standing up), then the Nords, who, although they can block a fair amount of damage with their shield-walls, just cannot stand up to a cavalry charge, quite literally. Just do a big loop to attack from the rear, thus taking out the ranged attackers, and let the melee decide the rest, i.e: victory for the Khergits !

And then, the Vaegirs ... They have fairly awesome cavalry, and fairly awesome archers, and when they came down upon me, they had their WHOLE army. Yes, 3000+ against my rebel force. Were it not for the fact that ALL my troops were veterans of the highest tier, I'd have lost far more often.

Back on topic, the import/export idea isn't half bad, I hadn't thought about it, thank you ! As for going for Nords ... Why ? I'm a horse person, archer and then two-handed weapon-user, not some blundering idiot who foroges a tactical and mobility advantage just to sneak up the skirts of the riders that end up making face the ground, ground moist with his own blood !

Actually, when conquering the Vaegirs, I was  working as a rebel with Prince Valdym, so the whole of the Vaegir land, and Grunwalder Castle and Suno, are still green and occupied by Vaegirs. And as soon as war breaks out, I'll most likely find myself out on the open, with hundreds of Khergit riders behind me. Khergits are powerful, they pawn all, and that's it, final ! lol.

I tried playing a game with my faction being the Khergits.

I tried.

But I saw that they were so weak, and they got killed of so fast that getting them to a high level was too painstakingly hard and time consuming.

Needless to say, I went back to Swadia.

:razz:

Well of course, if you start charging somebody on your own with only some tribesmen and skirmishers, you aren't going to get very far. Always get a few lords to join you at the start, train up your small force in training fields, and don't just charge à la Swadian. A bit of finesse, please ...

You're kidding, right?  I quit playing the game with Khergit troops, because it was too easy to kick ass.
  I play with the "battlesize changer" at 350, and there is nothing like looking the row of Khergit Lancers/Archers lined up for battle.
  Looks like the scene from LOTR.

Baron Rothschild said:
You're kidding, right?  I quit playing the game with Khergit troops, because it was too easy to kick ass.
  I play with the "battlesize changer" at 350, and there is nothing like looking the row of Khergit Lancers/Archers lined up for battle.
  Looks like the scene from LOTR.

No, the khergits suck.

Get me some swadian knights and they will mop up the floor with all of your lancers and archers.

Firstly, Congrats on your numerous victories.

I began playing as a swadian mercenary (so most of my force is dominated by Swadian knights who also dominate in seiges by the way) but then after becoming free of my bonds decided to find the weakest faction and assist in their rebellion so as to re-instate them in Caladria..it turned out to the be Rhodoks but meh.

I'd say pick the faction thats in most need or the one that you'd like to see cover all of Caladria. Do what best suits the persona you've created for your character, e.g. Say your character is in effect a Knight..so therefore when there is no war going on then you may set about helping villages and doing quests for the ladies of the realm.

Finally ...

mb50.jpg

After an in-game year and a half of constant fighting, the great Khergit Khanate took Rivacheg, last bastion of the Vaegir scum, and the last fortress standing in the way of the Steppe supremacy ! I've done it ! The world is now my oyster ... Time to see if it's worth downloading version 1.010, and in any case, cover the world with the armies of Swadia this time ! That's what's so cool about this game, just rinse and repeat ! But blimey did it take time ! I loved how the Khergit army NEVER marched out whole: this time, I had to drag every single Khergit lord out of the Steppes MANUALLY so that they could go and finish the war, and then that was only really to capture Nelag castle. Then we got Slezkh Castle, and then Rivacheg: not a single time did the Khergits empty out their land of all soldiers to cover the snow of the tundras with their army ...

A pity the AI has no tactical knowledge. If it would have been me, I'd have emptied every single garrison, and set them against the Vaegirs. Even worse, when I went to attack Rivacheg, it was already being besieged: I had to lead ALL the lords away, wait for the message: "Rivacheg is no longer being besieged"; then rush over there and build the ladders myself ... Bunch of incompetent AIs !

In any case, it's over, I can let my party (my mutineer party: they all complained of low morale and lack of food by the end of it, and at least forty of the scum deserted; ****ers ...)

Selothi said:
Well of course, if you start charging somebody on your own with only some tribesmen and skirmishers, you aren't going to get very far. Always get a few lords to join you at the start, train up your small force in training fields, and don't just charge à la Swadian. A bit of finesse, please ...

Aye! That was well put my boy! Death at the hands of the Khergits should come like the gentle kiss of a lover. Instead of the brutal ways of the Swadian dogs. With us Khergits it is a dance celebrating death and life, subtle, swift, elegant, unforgiving.
Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom