How to tell a good story?

Users who are viewing this thread

FlowDream

Sergeant
Imagine you and your team party are travel in the world map, bannerlord now, is too 'dull'. Some story should occur in your journey. It can just be a short paragraph of text showing in the left bottom. This simple little thing will greatly enhanced immersion.
For example
1."At the night in Sahara Desert,the moonlight spills on the sand, the sand ripple dance in the wind like silver waves. Your soldiers are aready asleep, you put down the book on your hand and smell the cool air, fatigue likes a vortex that drags you into the dream ocean..."
153c6eac4a05aa5b1edee9414c9530b0.jpg

2. "You and your soldiers pass by the Black Forest. There is an evil legend of this forest, people dare not set foot here. Dense fog diffuses all around and the biting cold was revealed in the air. The horse under you jets nervously and you notice that some of your soldiers are shivering".
black-forest-path.jpg

3. "When you and your soldiers pass by the Amera Castle, you see several young soldiers are training. You bring to mind the training scene when you are young in Zenda City, you father taught you how to shoot arrows".
Pontefract_Castle.jpg

4."When you pass by the by the battlefield, you hear the shouts of soldiers and the hiss of war horses, you smell the blood in the air. You notice that some of your soldiers are shivering , others hold the weapon more tightly in their hand."
medieval_battlefield_by_solarsouth_d974ln9-fullview.jpg

Imagine you and your team party are travel in the world map, bannerlord now, is too 'dull'. Some story should occur in your journey. It can just be a short paragraph of text showing in the left bottom. This simple little thing will greatly enhanced immersion.
For example
1."At the night in Sahara Desert,the moonlight spills on the sand, the sand ripple dance in the wind like silver waves. Your soldiers are aready asleep, you put down the book on your hand and smell the cool air, fatigue likes a vortex that drags you into the dream ocean..."
153c6eac4a05aa5b1edee9414c9530b0.jpg

something like the events happening during travel in Battle Brothers could be cool. I always found they make feel the world more alive.

Maybe my english is not good enough to express the little story :smile:
If you are interestedin this, you can add more little story behind!
And I will add more before bannerlord finally comeout :smile:

I like it. I kind of do this in my head anyway when I play Mount and Blade, but having little "story seeds" like this pop up on occasion could be quite nice. Some solid, evocative writing here, by the way!

Back
Top Bottom