How to stop the Khuzaits (or any faction) from snowballing as a trader

Users who are viewing this thread

Gerta

Sergeant
This will let you sabotage any faction, Khuzaits included, from the inside. Muhahahaha.

Step 1: Grind trade skill to 225, get perk that allows trading fiefs.
Step 2: Join Khuzaits as vassal.
Step 3: Wait for Khuzaits to take enemy fief. During the vote, you should get the majority of votes for not having any fief. Vote for other candidates to gain relations.
Step 4: Get the fief and immediately go barter with the weakest faction's leader and sell the fief.
Step 5: Get mad $$$.
Step 6: Repeat steps 3-5.
This effectively means that Khuzaits can no longer take new fiefs. LOL.

Optional step: During war, go to edge of map furthest from the war zone and call parties to you and just wait in the corner, thus leaving settlements open to attack.

Final Step: Leave Khuzaits when enough cash accumulated. Buy back fiefs with accumulated cash. Recruit lords with high relations.

Edit: Reporting back with news from my playthrough with this strategy... It seems the problem right now is with the weak lords not having enough money to buy fiefs. I've had to give huge discounts. Although the relationship boost from giving them discount is nice, I would rather have the dollas.
  • Southern Empire has one castle left. Raghea (how do you spell her name) is broke. Literally has 0 denars. If only she had an OnlyFans
  • Surgia also has one town left. Ragnavand also broke with 0 denars.
  • Both of these faction leaders seem to be just staying in castles and not moving out. Probably cuz broke. Not forming armies or anything. It is a problem.
  • The brokeness is not limited to these almost destroyed factions. Lords (non faction leaders) of Western Empire, Aserai, and Vlandia all tend to have less gold than in previous versions (1.4.3). Before they could have 500k+ denars. Now most have less than 100k. Can't find people to buy fiefs! Going to start giving them out for free soon like some Medieval Oprah or some ****.

Last edited:
Khuzaits are the most difficult to face in open combat because horse archers are so powerful, and they are fast on the map, but I find besieging their towns and castles to be rather easy. They are like the glass cannon of the factions. They hit hard, but defend poorly. If the AI only learned to avoid them on the map and just target their castles and towns, the Khuzait would not snowball so easily. (Although I say that, the Khuzait are starting to snowball in my campaign too because I took too long to get my own kingdom started and thus could not thwart them...)

Never played as a merchant. I can always print my own money with smithing. Each weapons sells for 125k, and I make them for free. With money flow like that, I can just pay any and every clan to join my faction, taking their property with them (including the Khuzait). It's how I have been stopping their snowballing so far. Also, never take prisoners if you are doing it this way. The clans will love you more and agree to join you easier (cheaper payments for them to join), although one clan wanted 1.4 million to join, but I had it. I just gave them a stack of my expensive weapons.

I wonder if someone have tried it before. But I am thinking of using grain economy to destroy a faction. The ideas is as neutral party you come to Target faction towns and buy and dump/destroy the grain stock that the towns have. Make few loops to all town to make sure there is no more grain left in there. Theoretically it should stop army to buy a lot of food in their own faction town. Even better if it can reach the level of no grain at all for weeks.

Never played as a merchant. I can always print my own money with smithing. Each weapons sells for 125k, and I make them for free. With money flow like that, I can just pay any and every clan to join my faction, taking their property with them (including the Khuzait). It's how I have been stopping their snowballing so far. Also, never take prisoners if you are doing it this way. The clans will love you more and agree to join you easier (cheaper payments for them to join), although one clan wanted 1.4 million to join, but I had it. I just gave them a stack of my expensive weapons.

Yeah I'm playing without smithing obviously. With smithing you can ignore so many mechanics in the game, so I decided to do a playthrough without it for once. Now it is actually hard to recruit lords...

Yeah I'm playing without smithing obviously. With smithing you can ignore so many mechanics in the game, so I decided to do a playthrough without it for once. Now it is actually hard to recruit lords...
This is my first time doing smithing. I hadn't done it before for that very reason. I've never been a straight merchant, though, so maybe I'll try that my next playthrough.

Step 3: Wait for Khuzaits to take enemy fief. During the vote, you should get the majority of votes for not having any fief. Vote for other candidates to gain relations.
Step 4: Get the fief and immediately

I joined empire and we conquered Razih or whatever its called, the Aserai city close to Danustica / Husn Fulq and I was the only clan without any fiefs, and ****ty bae Rhaegea gives the city to herself and then declares peace, and then I get a crap castle next to Poros frmo WE instead :/

This will let you sabotage any faction, Khuzaits included, from the inside. Muhahahaha.

Step 4: Get the fief and immediately go barter with the weakest faction's leader and sell the fief.
Step 5: Get mad $$$.
Step 6: Repeat steps 3-5.
This effectively means that Khuzaits can no longer take new fiefs. LOL.

Optional step: During war, go to edge of map furthest from the war zone and call parties to you and just wait in the corner, thus leaving settlements open to attack.

Final Step: Leave Khuzaits when enough cash accumulated. Buy back fiefs with accumulated cash. Recruit lords with high relations.

Edit: Reporting back with news from my playthrough with this strategy... It seems the problem right now is with the weak lords not having enough money to buy fiefs. I've had to give huge discounts. Although the relationship boost from giving them discount is nice, I would rather have the dollas.
  • Southern Empire has one castle left. Raghea (how do you spell her name) is broke. Literally has 0 denars. If only she had an OnlyFans
  • Surgia also has one town left. Ragnavand also broke with 0 denars.
  • Both of these faction leaders seem to be just staying in castles and not moving out. Probably cuz broke. Not forming armies or anything. It is a problem.
  • The brokeness is not limited to these almost destroyed factions. Lords (non faction leaders) of Western Empire, Aserai, and Vlandia all tend to have less gold than in previous versions (1.4.3). Before they could have 500k+ denars. Now most have less than 100k. Can't find people to buy fiefs! Going to start giving them out for free soon like some Medieval Oprah or some ****.
Yea i'd give a god damm city for her onlyfans

How do you get to trading 225 tho? By cheating right? Because gaining trading skill is so broken and I don't want to spend 200 hours just to get my trading skill anywhere close to that.

Very funny post enjoyed the read.
pity levelling Trade is such a grind and so difficult to do now. No deals. Flat prices

The one fatal flaw in the plan lol
Doesn't that take a very very long time? If they're really snowballing won't they be huge by the time you get it?
I think the changes in 1.5.1 are helping and look forward to next patch too make it better.
I'm bumping this in hopes the devs see this and fix it. You'd think they would have thought of everything after 8 years.
I'll laugh if they try to fix this, meanwhile I can.... well you know I don't want to elaborate the broken cruel things I do to the AI lol

How do you get to trading 225 tho? By cheating right? Because gaining trading skill is so broken and I don't want to spend 200 hours just to get my trading skill anywhere close to that.

There's a guy on youtube who only plays as a trader, it all kind of depends on how you like to play. Horse trading used to be really great for gaining trade skill, but that seems a bit nerfed right now.

I wonder if someone have tried it before. But I am thinking of using grain economy to destroy a faction. The ideas is as neutral party you come to Target faction towns and buy and dump/destroy the grain stock that the towns have. Make few loops to all town to make sure there is no more grain left in there. Theoretically it should stop army to buy a lot of food in their own faction town. Even better if it can reach the level of no grain at all for weeks.

While it is disruptive, this doesn't actually work because towns get an improvement called orchards (+30 food at max level) along with passive food buffs from intact villages (+5 or +10). Additionally, other forms of food do pull some weight, particularly fish.

pity levelling Trade is such a grind and so difficult to do now. No deals. Flat prices

Nah, I just grinded that **** for 2 days. Obviously being an Aserai character helps. It is repetitive, but its not going to take 200 hours. In my game I've been able to get decent profits mostly selling horses. I also keep dates, olives, hardwood, sheep, and cow with me but the profits are not as big as horses.

Prices do take a while to settle in though, horse prices start out pretty normal but then over time, gets jacked really high. Can buy sumpter horses and mules for around 35-45 and sell for 80-350 (lol) depending on city. Buying desert horse for 200-280 and sell for 300 to 500. Buying steppe horse for 180-250 and sell for 280-400. Can buy Aserai horse for 800-1200 and sell for 1500-2200.

I do a circle around the map, stopping at villages that produce horses and buy if the price is good. Basically I'm buying stuff from Aserai and Khuzait towns and villages and selling them in high prosperity towns.

See below the sell price of desert/steppe horse are bonkers (BTW purebloods are from siblings not cheats lol):
2wF2EFT.jpg

Khuzaits have whole map at this time XD

jVAoJqC.jpg

LOL! Khuzaits have half the map, but I didn't start this save as a trader, I kind of tested a whole bunch of things before I started trading. So if I headed straight for trading on a fresh start I imagine it could be better. My character is specialized mostly in riding lol.

But as you can see from the map, I got Razih and sold to WE. I Also just got Diathma, so gonna see who I dump it to. Nobody has millions lying around. Will probably have to trade Diathma for 2-3 castles and then sell/gift the castles or something.

ADr7Z3a.jpg

Stuff like this doesnt work atm cause the game is horrifically balanced. enemy armies will march even without food, will raid enemy villages and stop at allied cities to stock up. Besides raiding is what does the damage, cant kill 50 groups of 90 men with 6 speed motoring around raiding villages if you cant catch em.

I'm bumping this in hopes the devs see this and fix it. You'd think they would have thought of everything after 8 years.

Lol, your still hopeful I see. We will see how your holding up when I pick this title back up in a few months to see if its worth patching.

Back
Top Bottom