How to stop a gate troll

Users who are viewing this thread

Inukshuk

Sergeant at Arms
Hi, really quick post 'cos there's quiz shows on telly.

I play as 'Ludwig' on WFaS multiplyaer. On the Westres siege we had a real gate troll just now - 'WhiteSilver_OTTOMAN_TR' or something. Anyway, he was constantly opening the gate and since on this sever you can't poll to kick people and team damage is off, we couldn't seem to stop him. But I tried standing on top of the gate control thing and it looked as though this prevented him from opening it, in much the same way as you can stand on top of a ladder so no-one can raise it.

If someone could verify this, that would be good. Hope that helps.

Have a nice day all.

Ludwig.

Yes but how you stop him & his mates spoiling the game by blocking doors? How come theres no Admin to kick these idiots! Team damage would be good. We could all just kill them!
edit
Applied to be Admin! Not that anybody would want me.........

He's banned btw, friendly fire is off until we have an active admin team. Polls are also off as I'm sick of seeing a message pop-up every minute.

This is sort of all beside the point. I was just suggesting this might work in situations when there's a gate troll, no team damage and no kick polls. Wasn't really about specific people or servers or other problems.

This might be a useful tip to bear in mind since the WESTre server, being very popular, is not going to be without it's trolls, and if there don't happen to be admins around at a certain time (not sure how frequent that may be) then this looks like the way to stop a gate troll.

I was actually just on that server earlier today, and not only was it Whitesilver who was trolling, but there was a player named THE_BUG who introduced the whole idea of "the cell." He showed me that it was where you closed the gate door and trapped the people between the doors and the large gate.

While they are to blame, you have to realize that it is the other player's fault. There is absolutely NO reason to be in between the gate and the doors, as you cannot harm the enemy unless you have a long lance, and few enemies stand outside the gate for no reason.

Until those stupid doors get patched so that they can be opened from the inside by Defenders, we're just gonna have to deal with these damned trolls.

Hey, if you want to be a admin, put a alication on the admin request thred, ont worry, in the next few days/week there will be admins on westres server.

In a slightly different subject. I think the door opening should take longer.  I mean the door behind the main gate on Oreshek,  the main gate to the Tartar camp or gate to the monastery fortress.
Sometimes, the enemy cavalryman rushes throughout the castle only to open the gate.

Yes, I think you should be on foot and press action button for a moment to open or close a door. Akin to opening a gate or pushing/raising ladders, just faster.

Just thought I would add that on top of Whitesilver you had a player called "H" blocking the first door on Vyborg (think that is how you spell it) the other night.

H is definitely not Whitesilver but a different player. Turkish. He wasn't the only one either. A team of them screwing everyones game. They will of course changed there names when they are kicked. They do get a lot of racist abuse but they pretty much ask for it. Give Turkey a bad name. Had to give up playing the other night thanks to them.

That's the thing with online gaming, there's always one or two people that get their kicks out of screwing over other people who are trying to play. Sucks, but even if you ban them, there's more of them, or they find a way to get back.

Back
Top Bottom