how to split groups of soldiers

Users who are viewing this thread

celtico9

Recruit
hi, i dont know if this question has been asked, it probably has but here goes
is there any way to split my infintry or archers in two groups during the battle? i know you can assign them from party screen before battles, but is there a way to do it during a battle? for example, if i have my infintry in a shield wall, i would like to have 2 groups of archers at either side firing into oncoming infintry charge.

select the group (1 2 3 4....) and press f3 then f5 and choose the formation you want to add them too and move the slider to the amount you want to add, the default is all of them.
It works in normal battle but in siege they seem to revert back to the giant blobs they start in.

thanks for the reply, i must be an idiot because when i did that it looked like groups of infintry and archers merged lol

thanks for the reply, i must be an idiot because when i did that it looked like groups of infintry and archers merged lol
You can merge different groups with that same command too. If you do that by accident, you might as well retreat because separating them back in real time is a pain in the ass.
select the group (1 2 3 4....) and press f3 then f5 and choose the formation you want to add them too and move the slider to the amount you want to add, the default is all of them.
It works in normal battle but in siege they seem to revert back to the giant blobs they start in.
Last version I played troops started sieges with "delegate command" on by default. Turn it off and you should be able to merge troops

Back
Top Bottom