How to skip Douar-an-Enez battle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ansiktslos

Sergeant
Greetings.
Is there any way to completely avoid this damned Douar-an-Enez sea battle and the following battle on the coast?
Every time I try to finish it, the game bugs out. It used to freeze during the naval battle, but with minimal settings and the game running in 640*480 window the naval battle eventually finishes. After that
a) game crashes instantly after "disembarking" dialogue with rgl_error;
b) game freezes before the cutscene;
c) game gradually loses fps and freezes after the fight has begun
d) TBA.

I've searched the forum and know that Douar-an-Enez battle has issues on even relatively fast computers. So, the question is: can I completely skip it without having to load backed up savegame? Really, waiting for anouther hour-long slideshow called "Douar-an-Enez naval battle" just to make sure the game bugs again is a pain.
Maybe there is a way to edit savefile or skip it through cheat menu, or something else? Help, please. I do not want to cheat, I want to progress in the main story.

try the beta or wait for RE release, we made changes in this mission to take into account battle-size configuration (for low end computers)

I never even get to the battle. When I picked up Beda I accidentally skipped the attack of Sven's men. With Beda in my party I travelled to Lundenwic to meet the Old Sea Captain. I've waited for days but the Captain keeps telling me he is busy. I already tried to disband Beda from my party by using cheats but when I want to pick him up from the Boar Cave the game won't allow me to leave because "there is someting moving beneath the undergrowth." How can I sail from the Lundenwic port to Douar en Enez?

If I need to send my savegame to someone who can fix it I will be happy to do it.

Idibil said:
Boar grave quest - beda joining - then visit old captain in lundenwich or bebbanburh depend on your side.

I did it in exactly that order but everytime I talk to the captain he says he is to busy. I never get to leave the port.

I noticed that when disembarking on the shore, sometimes your troops will jump straight into too deep water and drown. My troops were also stuck on the ship. The first time I didn't position my ship far enough to the left and I also drowned when I got out of the ship.

iHj0p.png

Spoilers below (although Douar-an-Enez is a huge spoiler already I guess):

Is it possible to actually do as Aelfred says and bring the Asturian warriors to Wessex (and saving Bodo)? I didn't notice any dialog options that might have let me arrest the traitor immediately, but from the way Aelfred chastized me when I got back, it sounded like there might have been more possible outcomes. They would have been a great help at Ascendun too, although me and the Saxons somehow managed it without them.  :smile:

melvin-mol said:
Idibil said:
Boar grave quest - beda joining - then visit old captain in lundenwich or bebbanburh depend on your side.

I did it in exactly that order but everytime I talk to the captain he says he is to busy. I never get to leave the port.
Hi melvin,
Could you send us your savegame? You might be forgetting about something (read carefully the missions and messages)

Urgrevling said:
I noticed that when disembarking on the shore, sometimes your troops will jump straight into too deep water and drown. My troops were also stuck on the ship. The first time I didn't position my ship far enough to the left and I also drowned when I got out of the ship.

iHj0p.png
Thank you. Must be fixed. EDIT: Fixed.

I have this problem. Something is funny with the graphics after I am done with the naval battle.
InOo5MI.png

I am completely stuck because of this bug.

Last edited:
Plants, I have the same issue, by enabling cheats I knock out everyone and pass to the next point in the story. But my game crashes right after that.... Did you get a resolve ?

Hello Baron Arald,

Do you get this problem by reducing the number of troops in battle? It seems that this problem could be related to how the computer manages a large number of troops in a battle as big as this one.

Back
Top Bottom