How to set the range at which lods trigger

How many of you knew that the "character detail" option in video options affects at which range lods

• I did.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I did not.

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

It's been explained to me that the slider bar in Video Options, "Character Detail" affects the range at which lods trigger. Having scoured the forge and other various forum, I did not know this, and this has affected my M&B performance significantly.

I was curious if I was the only one not in the know about this, or had no idea on account of the description of it's function

lod = level of detail. These are lower polygon meshes which trigger at certain distances

Surprising. Didn´t knew that.

I guess it should be useful to know that for persons with lower spec pcs.

ealabor said:
It's been explained to me that the slider bar in Video Options, "Character Detail" affects the range at which lods trigger.
Umm, if this is so, then the range of lods triggering is affected by this very bar, no?
Otherwise you can't do anything, it's hardcoded

Yes, the slider bar determins at which range they fire.

Moving it to the left makes them fire closer, and moving it to the right makes them fire farther away.

GetAssista said:
Ah, I misunderstood the title of your topic. I thought you were asking how you can determine the rage  :grin:

Really its meant more of an instructional "how to" title if you will.

GetAssista said:
Otherwise you can't do anything, it's hardcoded

Yeah I kinda came to that conclusion having not found anything on it in the Forge, nor did I find anything looking myself in .ini or in the python headers.

Pretty significant though to be informed that it's in game in the options, as this will help me with my somewhat older machine or others for that matter. Fraps will be less of an impact as well.

Back
Top Bottom