How to say to troops to use bettering ram?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kristal9

Recruit
When I do siege I can use ladders, I just put F1 and move mouse on ladder and after that when I see gears I put F3 and my troops use a ladder. How to deal with bettering ram? How to say my troops to use it?

Some will use it automatically to break the 1st door, or you can make small group (group number, f3, f5 choose new group and slide down to small amount) and the select the new group and point at the ram and click when a blue gear icon appears, idduno though because there's always troops already using it. For the second door you will need to select a group of troops and point and click the door when a gray gear appears, you will usually have to get close to the door to do it. It's actually really clumsy and bad if you haven't destroyed most of the ranged enemies you may get shot down trying to get close and stand still to point at the inner door. It's actually inexcusably bad that TW STILL can't just make the ram team just attack the inner door.

It's actually really clumsy and bad if you haven't destroyed most of the ranged enemies you may get shot down trying to get close and stand still to point at the inner door. It's actually inexcusably bad that TW STILL can't just make the ram team just attack the inner door.

I agree - this needs a lot of work.

The nearest group (ex: Ram team and shielded infantry supporting them) should automatically knock the second door. They only sometimes do this.

When I do siege I can use ladders, I just put F1 and move mouse on ladder and after that when I see gears I put F3 and my troops use a ladder. How to deal with bettering ram? How to say my troops to use it?
i have encountered this issues a couple of times after retreating the first wave of my troops. other than that the game generally does it on it's own, don't recall any problems with rams since 1.7. release.

I tend to manually control my troops during sieges and if one of the Ram pusher dies they just get replaced by the closest guy to the Ram

i have encountered this issues a couple of times after retreating the first wave of my troops. other than that the game generally does it on it's own, don't recall any problems with rams since 1.7. release.

I tend to manually control my troops during sieges and if one of the Ram pusher dies they just get replaced by the closest guy to the Ram
I can tell you in 1.7.1 and 1.7.2 I sieged down 90% of the fiefs with 2 breached walls and 1 ram and never once did the AI attack the second gate unless I manually selected them (required forming a new group to not send 300 people to the door lol) and selected the gear on the inner gate. SO, what I think is perhaps it the presence/absence of certain siege gear that makes them not do it. Perhaps if there are breached walls the AI doesn't recognize to attack the doors but in another set up (what did you do?) maybe they work.

I can tell you in 1.7.1 and 1.7.2 I sieged down 90% of the fiefs with 2 breached walls and 1 ram and never once did the AI attack the second gate
i never break down walls so i guess we found the reason. although because of force of habit i can't tell for sure if my guys do attack the second gate by themselves.

i generally form 1 or 2 group of infantrymen and let them wall for my archers then i manually tell them to attack the gate, after the Ram has done it's job. but if i have to guess, the broken walls may be the culprit

i never break down walls so i guess we found the reason. although because of force of habit i can't tell for sure if my guys do attack the second gate by themselves.

i generally form 1 or 2 group of infantrymen and let them wall for my archers then i manually tell them to attack the gate, after the Ram has done it's job. but if i have to guess, the broken walls may be the culprit
How do you pull out just infantry? In my sieges in almost all it blobs them into 2 groups of mixed units after the siege starts and I can't separate any specific unit types anymore. In only some siege battle (maybe depends on total number of units?) I will retain the many separate groups after t the start but this seemed very rare only happening about 5 times.

How do you pull out just infantry? In my sieges in almost all it blobs them into 2 groups of mixed units after the siege starts and I can't separate any specific unit types anymore. In only some siege battle (maybe depends on total number of units?) I will retain the many separate groups after t the start but this seemed very rare only happening about 5 times.
i do know this BLOB you speak of. it's the worst.
so when that happens you are kinda screwed, i deal with a few extra casualties and that's it.
When it doesn't, which is most of the times, i just tell them all to line up as soon as the troops are done automatically changing formations and i also tell them to move close to me (not follow). that makes them stay in lines at the far end of the map, where i usually place them before it all starts.
Then i just use the Toggle -> Transfer order to make as many groups as i'd like, after that you are free to tell them where to stay on the siege field, while a few "lucky" ones will carry the engines to their locations

Back
Top Bottom