How to save MP

Users who are viewing this thread

Residential

Recruit
I like many others used to enjoy MP to some extent but it has now become apparent that cav has made a complete takeover, so here is some suggestions to save MP.

1. Nerf cav shield - Why does it register as a shield block when I stab at the horses face or legs half the time?
2. Buff infantry to cav damage - Cav don't have a counter and if you think archers beat cav you haven't been in matchmaking the past 3-4 months.
3. Remove couch
4. Reduce cav headshot damage - They already have too many advantages and they don't need this.
5. Reduce "Chamber blocked" pike & spear range so anti cav can actually fight against cav who slow circle them while being able to fully hit inf.

Or simply

6. No cav servers - The holy grail and we all know this was popular in WB too.

I don't usually post on forums so excuse the no post history.

To those who spout "git gud" you'll only be telling yourselves that when the remaining player base is long gone and you'll be couching cav'ing each other until you get so bored you will leave yourself.

o/

1. Nerf cav shield - Why does it register as a shield block when I stab at the horses face or legs half the time?
Is being fixed in the next patch or two
2. Buff infantry to cav damage - Cav don't have a counter
Pilas, javelins, spears, 1h stabs, up-attacks are all counters for infantry to use
and if you think archers beat cav you haven't been in matchmaking the past 3-4 months.
Top tier archers are a hard counter to cavalry unless they're caught unaware
3. Remove couch
Agree
4. Reduce cav headshot damage - They already have too many advantages and they don't need this.
Agree
5. Reduce "Chamber blocked" pike & spear range so anti cav can actually fight against cav who slow circle them while being able to fully hit inf.
Don't try to use a pike when you're right next to the horse, spear damage arcs will soon do damage earlier resulting in less bounces and be more reliable, but don't think just because you have a spear out you can't be outplayed by a cav

Last edited:
The continued existence of this multiplayer is only a detriment to the community and is slowly killing what is left of it. All multiplayer servers should be shut down until Taleworlds can provide custom servers and fix their game modes.

OP could have just writted custom servers. Makes way more sense than trying to balance four different game modes with one balance.

Top tier archers are a hard counter to cavalry unless they're caught unaware
Yup and this is a problem imho. Currently it is an all or nothing situation which just isn't fun for both sides as it is so damn punishing.
There are 10 archers or so who can do this almost always and then some others who can do it sometimes. Meaning that for the majority of the player base one of the very few hard counters against cav is gone.

In no other game a mechanic to such a specific amount of players has this effect and tbh I don't really have an idea to fix it. In most games skills give you an edge not such a massive part of the gameplay.

Part of it is fixing the damage ranges but that is more of an overall change. Damages are theoretically consistent but often don't make sense and the range for them is insane, this is very visible in horse damages.

Btw @Residential like I, and the 10 other players in that game told you. Git Gud Nub.

Btw @Residential like I, and the 10 other players in that game told you. Git Gud Nub.
While I agree I was very outmatched in that ONE game that doesn't mean cav is not OP as heck. Also in that very same match the two cavalry players had the best stats by far, and cav continue to have the best stats in almost any match they are present in. You don't need to be that good to rambo cav in any game mode and come out with a 3/1 ratio.

I feel a lot of players happen to agree with me to an extent with cav, and that I need to "git gud".

Custom servers would likely be a perfect fix but they won't come for a long time so a balance post is the best I got for now.

While I agree I was very outmatched in that ONE game that doesn't mean cav is not OP as heck. Also in that very same match the two cavalry players had the best stats by far, and cav continue to have the best stats in almost any match they are present in. You don't need to be that good to rambo cav in any game mode and come out with a 3/1 ratio.

I feel a lot of players happen to agree with me to an extent with cav, and that I need to "git gud".

Custom servers would likely be a perfect fix but they won't come for a long time so a balance post is the best I got for now.
If you spend more than 1 second in the game then you know that 95% of the playerbase agrees that cav should get a nerf in some way. Read the forums you post on maybe. This is the 69th balance post and this one proposes exactly nothing new and is just stupid tbh.

Then cav and archers on top is quite sensible tbh, they deal loads of damage if they are good while for an inf that is way harder and often not needed.

Also stop caring about kills and deaths, just git gud.

Also stop caring about kills and deaths, just git gud."
But that's how you win. If cav didn't mow down every other class with ease it wouldn't have that 95% you stated.

Even you were getting pwned by that cav. Perhaps we both need to git gud :smile:

But that's how you win. If cav didn't mow down every other class with ease it wouldn't have that 95% you stated.

Even you were getting pwned by that cav. Perhaps we both need to git gud :smile:
.... well you are just mental, kills don't equal skill.

O I did and to no surprise as I had you on my team, I didn't expect to win against Rangah and Aiku with people who permanently whine.

as i said at another thread.. current balances wont save mp. it wont stop (endless) complaining chain (at areas that u want 'balance' ).

we need radical approaches to save it. like.. (two side) mastery system.

as i said at another thread.. current balances wont save mp. it wont stop (endless) complaining chain (at areas that u want 'balance' ).
I see your point but there is really no complaining "chain". Cav has allways been op and TW has never given a single ****. Every patch they promise some micro changes to nerf cav but all they do doesn't matter and is followed by more heavy Inf nerfs. I dont know why, but talewords is kidnapped by fanatic heavy Inf haters. Latest genius idea to counter cav superiority is to enlarge the damage window for spear attacks. This will reduce the skill required for succesfully playing cav even further. Maybe to a point where even those wandering freekills who write "git gud" under every balance thread will actually score.

I totally agree custom servers should be focussed over balance. But let there be no doubt balance is ****ed up and allways has been.

Back
Top Bottom