How to save a self made mesh out of preafabs

Users who are viewing this thread

Borretsch

Recruit
I did create an objekt in scene editor out of prefabs and want to use it in other maps. so, how can I save this or create a blue print?

Solution
You group them and assign them to a parent entity in the scene tab, select all of your entities you want to group together, then go to the scene tab and drag them into the parent entity (which can be, like NPC said, one of the entities in the group or a empty object). After that there is an option to save the entity as a new prefab at the top of the entity inspector. I would recommend for safety and organization making a new module (under "file" on the top bar) and saving the prefab to that module, that way if TW accidentally breaks the base game modules in the future your custom stuff is safe.
Screenshot_17.png

Maybe this explains the problem a bit better (this is the object im talking of)

Upvote 0
You group them and assign them to a parent entity in the scene tab, select all of your entities you want to group together, then go to the scene tab and drag them into the parent entity (which can be, like NPC said, one of the entities in the group or a empty object). After that there is an option to save the entity as a new prefab at the top of the entity inspector. I would recommend for safety and organization making a new module (under "file" on the top bar) and saving the prefab to that module, that way if TW accidentally breaks the base game modules in the future your custom stuff is safe.

Upvote 0
Solution
Back
Top Bottom