How To: Report a Bug/Request Support

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duh

Duke
Bug Reports are an essential help for modders and developers alike, but to truly support the development some general guidelines should be followed.

Your bug reports should optimally include
- the version/patch # of your game(!)
- whether it occured in a savegame from an older version or in a game started with the current version
- whether you tempered with any of the game files (changing them yourselves or using 3rd party fixes/mods)
- a clear and concise description of the bug
- a note on where and when it occured and whether and how it can be reproduced
- a savegame can be very helpful, if the bug cant be reproduced easily
- if possible a screenshot of the bug (very helpful with visual/scene bugs)
- a copy of the bug text from your rgl_log (very helpful with script bugs)
It is located in X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MountBlade Warband

Support requests are also very dependent on the information you provide. The more informative you are, the better the chance that folks can help you quickly.
- the version/patch # of your game(!)
- a clear and concise description of the issue
- whether it occured in a savegame from an older version or in a game started with the current version
- whether you tempered with any of the game files (changing them yourselves or using 3rd party fixes/mods)
- a note on where and when it occured and whether and how it can be reproduced
- a savegame can be very helpful, if the issue cant be reproduced easily
- if possible a screenshot of the issue
- a copy of the bug text from your rgl_log

if you are experiencing a technical (crash/lag/glitch) issue
- share the ingame options you chose, when the crash occured (f.e. is "load textures on demand" ticked?)
- always include an rgl_log
- your actual system information (as it may differ from the log)
They can best be posted in
Code:
[code]LOG[ /code]
without the space before the /

What is what and Topic Name
I would generally consider support requests to be more on the technical side - i.e. issues that cause you to crash or glitch, but could potentially be fixed on your end with support. Bug reports on the other hand serve to inform the devs about errors in the game (such as wrong writing, bugged items, quests, etc.), which they need to fix. Signifying your posts accordingly in the topic (f.e. [Bug Report] - Floating house or [Support] - Crash on Char Creation) would greatly improve the access the devs have to the information provided in the forum so far.

PS: I hope im not stepping on any toes. Feel free to change, quote, delete this topic. Just thought it may be helpful :smile:

Me and a bunch of other people from steam have a windows 10 problem with the game not working with and with out mod's. I deleted all mods not working i delete all save deleted the whole game and re installed it still not working . I go to steam forums but no one knows how to fix and they sent me here. (I had the game at windows 8.1 and it worked with no problem lagged a bit when i done full archer or crossbow battles as I like the Khergits and when I updated to windows 10 it stopped working  at all I will send link to a youtube video showing how it crashes)
  I'm running the newest version 1.168 and it not work I'm trying to get information how to fix it but people have no fixes I'm using hp pavillion 15 notebook so I shouldn't be having trouble running a game like this . When I started a discussion someone said to try get help here so here I am and I hope there will be a fix soon for windows 10 users :smile: Please email me or message me for the link as I can't give link here

I have a problem in viking conquest, It says script error on opcode 1620: invalid party ID
When i log in to my saved game, all my money, gears, items and gears on my companions dissapear too.
Is there a solution for this?

CosmicArrow said:
I have a problem in viking conquest, It says script error on opcode 1620: invalid party ID
When i log in to my saved game, all my money, gears, items and gears on my companions dissapear too.
Is there a solution for this?

nope, it looks like your savegame is corrupted (data got mixed up), so you need to use a older backup or start over. You have a automatic backup on your save folder, just rename it and try it in the game.

if you want devs to look at your savegame: upload it to Dropbox, GoogleDrive, OneDrive, etc and post a public link to download it.
^ they can't restore a corrupted file

make sure you are playing Warband 1.170 with VC 2.028 (latest versions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom